Alister name meaning
On This Page
What does Alister mean?
Used especially in Scottish and English far-out, Alister is originated from Greek, Scottish and Old Greek, Alister means "Alasdair, Alexander, Protect and Man or Manly" is customarily bestowed upon both boys and girls.
Alister is variation of famed and enduring Alexander. Alexander is equivalent of The Greek Name Αλεξανδρος in Latin language. Queer Alexander came from Hungarian and Old Greek languages, meaning of Alexander is "He Who Wards Off (Other) Men, Helper and Defender of Mankind and Protector".
Alister is resultant of Alistair. Alistair is variation of AlexanderAlexander. Meaning of Alistair is Alasdair, Manly and Defender of Mankind is originated from Old Greek and Greek is used largely in English and Scottish.
The name is celebrated on April 22nd.
How do I pronounce Alister?
The proper pronunciation of three syllabled Alister is a-lis-ter. al(i)-ster is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of AlisterNames that rhyme with Alister
How popular is the name Alister?
In United States, Alister was once a common name since emerging in 1924 it has been given to over 929 babies. At its zenith in 2017,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 36 years.
Alister is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 564 on boy names chart when 30 babies were named Alister.
Over 279 babies in England and Wales have been named Alister.
Alister is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 31 years of use, it could not make it big.
Over 192 babies in France have been named Alister. The moniker is a rare baby name in Belgium there is very thin chances of it still being given. Alister is a common name in England, New Zealand, Scotland and Australia while somewhat familiar name in South Africa, Malaysia, India, Chile, Canada, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Zambia, Trinidad and Tobago, Solomon Islands, Philippines and Grenada.
According to our estimate, at least 9000 people have been bestowed Alister around the globe.
Alister in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Alister
You are a born artist even if you won't admit it. You have a powerful appearance. You always make the best entrance, no matter where you appear. Your life interests change as you change, constantly. You want to achieve a great success and accomplish your dreams in order to prove yourself you can do it. You often trust the wrong people when it comes to relationships. You work hard so you can reach some level of financial stability.
Other names similar to Alister
- Aneesha - Far-out Aneesha is used chiefly in Assamese, Marathi and Bengali, Aneesha means "Continuous or Friendly" is a girl name is originated from Old Greek
- Allie means Rock, Feminine of Alexander or Form of Alison has origin in Old French and Italian given to both genders is used specifically in English and Danish
- Makarie - Unexpected choice and Modern unisex name Makarie means "Lucky Haves" is used chiefly in Greek
- Delpha - Lofty and Traditional girl name Delpha means "From Delphi and Dolphin" has its roots in Old Greek is used in English. Delpha is a resultant of Delphina.
- Terp - Girl name Terp means "Muse of Dancing" is rooted from Old Greek. Terp is short of Terpsichore.
Middle names for Alister
Here is a list of familiar and endearing middle names that go with the baby name Alister.
View more middle names that goes with Alister.
Sibling Names for Alister
If you're considering naming your little one Alister, you might be curious to know what other names work well alongside it for siblings. Here's a list of some great options, ranging from classic to modern and everything in between. Take a look and see if any catch your eye!
Sister for Alister
Brother for Alister
Famous people named Alister
- Alister MacKenzie, British golf course architect whose course designs span four continents
- Alister Taylor, innovative and controversial New Zealand publisher
- Alister Pearson, English artist and illustrator
- Alister McIntosh, New Zealand diplomat
- Alister Grierson, Australian film director and scriptwriter
- Alister Kirby, British rower
- Alister Hardy, English marine biologist
- Alister McGrath, Northern Irish theologian, priest
- Alister McRae, British rally driver
- Alister Williamson, Australian-born character actor
- Alister Mew in short Boxer as Composer
Lists having Alister
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Ali
- Boy names that ends with -ter
- Baby Names that mean Protect
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Manly