Dorotea meaning and origin
Eternal and Sufficiently quirky Dorotea dominantly is used in Finnish, Hawaiian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish, Faroese and Italian, meaning of Dorotea is "Gift of God" has its roots in Old Greek is given to baby girls. Dorotea is a derivative of Dorothy. Dorothy is form of trendy and enduring Dorothea. Dorothy is English cognate of Dorothea. Curious and Evergreen Dorothy has its origin in Old Greek, Dorothy means "Gift of God and Gift". Dorotea is Nordic cognate of Dorothea.
Variants of Dorotea
Dorotheos, Ditte, Edith, Judith, Benedikte, Dieta, Dorothea, Dorothy, Dorotheus, Dorathea, Doris, Deette, Edeline, Ita, Eadgyth, Otgunde, Eadgyð, Jitka, Yehudit, Jutta, Benedichte, Benny, Benedictus, Benedict, Benedicta, Dietta, Darthy, Doll, Dorine, Doralia, Doria, Dorianne, DorisleeNames that rhyme with Dorotea
Popularity of Dorotea
Dorotea is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 22 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 130 babies in United States have been named Dorotea. But Dorotea is a popular baby name in Mexico where every 1 in 20000 have the name as well as in, Philippines and Peru. According to our estimate, over 50000 babies have been named Dorotea globally.
Dorotea in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Dorotea
When it comes to love you are incapable of expressing emotions. You are a perfectionist and like to have things in order even to the tiniest detail. Appreciate yourself and your partner more. Otherwise, you'll end up alone. You get easily disappointed by others because you expect too much. You are a stubborn person who's ready for a change. You don't want to bother people with your problems and pass negative energy.
Do you like Dorotea? Read these names too
- Elín - Girl name Elín is of Old Greek origin, meaning of Elín is "The Torch" is used substantially in Danish and Finnish
- Yanny - Originated from Old Greek, Yanny means "Famous Pianist" especially used in Hindi is bestowed upon boys
- Corabel - Atypical Corabel particulary is used in English is a baby girl name. It is rooted from Old Greek, meaning of Corabel is "Cordula, Little Hearts and Virgin Girl". Corabel is resulted from Cora.
- Nireta - Nireta's meaning is Woman from the Sea aimed at girls is of Old Greek origin. Nireta is resulted from Nerita.
- Mirta - Atypical Mirta is used mostly in Finnish and Italian aimed at baby girls has its origin in Old Greek and English, Mirta means "Myrtos or Myrtle"
Namesakes of Dorotea
- Dorotea Bucca, was an Italian physician
- Dorotea Mercuri in Madame Zander as Actress
- Dorotea Brandin in short Green Oaks as Actress
- Dorotea Toncheva, from 1973 drama flick Nona, who characterized the Nona.
Lists having Dorotea
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with D
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Hawaiian Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Spanish Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Dor
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean God