Sirius meaning and origin
Odd unisex name Sirius is primarily used in German, Finnish, Swedish, Faroese, Norwegian and Danish which originated from Old Greek and Latin, meaning of Sirius is "The Element Seirios Which Means Glowing or Brightest Star". Sirius is form of Greek Σειριος = Burning, Scorching in Latin language.
Variants of SiriusNames that rhyme with Sirius
Popularity of Sirius
In United States, Sirius is a unique name where it has been in use since 1999 and has secured the place in top 3000 names. Recently in 2018, it ranked 2780th when 43 boys were named Sirius. Over 394 babies in United States have been named Sirius. The given name is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales still in use today. In France, it has been in use since 2002 and peaked in 2015 when it ranked 1464th. There are over 153 babies that have been given the name Sirius in France.
Also, Sirius is a familiar name in Uzbekistan and Russia. At least, 500 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Sirius in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Sirius?
You often denies your emotions and suppress your rage when you should be expressing it in a healthy way like exercising or meditating. When it comes to career, you don't play on the safe side but take risks in order to achieve even greater success. The law of attraction is something you admire and use when it comes to achieving your goals. You are an intuitive person and can tell if someone's playing you or not.
You would love these names similar to Sirius
- Liljana means Lily is primarily used in Swedish, Slavic and Danish is originated from Old English and Latin is a girl name
- Vitya - Origin of Vitya is in Latin is majorly used in Russian is used as a boy name. Vitya is Russian cognate of Victor. Also Vitya is Russian equivalent of Vitale
- Hortencia - Widely Accepted girl name Hortencia means "Derived from the Female Version of the Roman Clan Name Hortensius and Gardener", used principally in Spanish is originated from Latin. Hortencia is derivation of Hortense.
- Maurick - The Maurick means "Moorish" is originated from Latin
- Dominey - Dominey's meaning is Form of Dominick and Offered to the Lord is a boy name has origin in Latin. Dominey is resultant of Dominic.
Namesakes of Sirius
- Sirius Black in Ser o estar as Actor
- Sirius Flatz is well-known for his acting in movie 10.000 Km