Sofija meaning and origin
Unwonted Sofija has its origin in Old Greek, Sofija means "Wisdom", dominantly used in Latvian and Slavic is used as a girl name . Sofija is a variation of darling and ever lasting Sophia. Sophia is Latin form of The Greek Name Σοφια. Origin of Queer Sophia is in Old Greek, meaning of Sophia is "Wisdom and Skill".
Variants of SofijaNames that rhyme with Sofija
Popularity of Sofija
In England and Wales, Sofija is a unique name where it has been in use since 2003 and has secured the place in top 900 names. In 2014, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 859 on girl names chart when 44 babies were named Sofija. Over 322 people have been named Sofija in England and Wales. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 238 on girl names chart when 33 babies were named Sofija. Over 287 babies in Switzerland have been named Sofija.
Sofija is an uncommon baby name in United States where it has been in use since 1999 and achieved its top ranking of 6016 in 2015. Over 261 people have been named Sofija in United States. In Ireland, it has been in use since 2007 and achieved its top ranking of 321 in 2014. Over 108 people have been named Sofija in Ireland. It also recently appeared in France baby girl names chart. But Sofija is a popular baby name in Serbia where every 1 in 1000 have the name. At least, 20000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Here's what numbers has to say about Sofija
You are hard to figure. You always put other people's needs and wishes before yours. But you just won't admit it. You want to invent something or accomplish something no one has ever done before. You are dedicated to your career more than you are dedicated to your personal life. If you walk over people to get on top, you won't make it. Or you will but you won't feel good about yourself. Having letter A as your capstone reveals your greediness and ambition.
Other names similar to Sofija, for soon-to-be-parents
- Atalia mainly is used in Finnish, Danish and Swedish used for baby girls has its origin in Old Greek. Atalia is Nordic equivalent of Athalia
- Serica means Silky Smooth is a girl name has origin in Old Greek
- Alexi - Unheard-of Alexi is used mostly in Finnish, English and Greenlandic has its origin in Old Greek is a gender insensitive name, Alexi means "Defender of Mankind or Helper"
- Alexena - Particulary used in English and Spanish, Alexena is used as a girl name. It is rooted from Old Greek, meaning of Alexena is "Protect and Man, Helper and Defender of Mankind and Protector". Alexena is shortened form of Alexandra.
- Gordios - Meaning of Gordios is Worker of the Earth, Earth Worker and A Tiller of the Soil is originated from Old Greek is a boy name. Gordios is derivation of George.
Namesakes of Sofija
- Sofija Jovic in Cekajuci Batu as Actress
- Sofija Rajovic in Mamula as Actress
- Sofija Stefanovic in TV series Myf Warhurst's Nice as Writer