Sten meaning and origin
Unfamiliar Old Norse Sten bestowed upon baby boys which is used majorly in Finnish, Scandinavian, Danish, Greenlandic, Norwegian, Swedish and Nordic, meaning of Sten is "Stone". Sten is equivalent of Stæinn in Swedish and Danish languages.
Variants of StenNames that rhyme with Sten
Popularity of Sten
Sten is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names. Recently in 2019, 66 babies were given Sten and it reached its peak ranking, 245 on boy names chart. There are over 276 babies that have been given the name Sten in Netherlands. Sten is an uncommon baby name in United States, where it last appeared in 2003 after 24 years of use since 1945. There are over 163 babies that have been given the name Sten in United States. Also, it is uncommon in France, where it has been in use since 1968 and peaked in 1968 when it ranked 1137th. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1999 and achieved its top ranking of 666 in 2011. Over 152 people have been named Sten in Belgium.
But Sten is a popular baby name in Sweden where every 1 in 500 have the name. At least, 30000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Sten in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Sten
Open up to people and let them into your world. Sometimes you feel this emptiness inside that can't be fulfilled with anything you can think of. You are not stubborn but flexible and think outside the limits. You never go anywhere or do anything without a plan, or two. You are a good friend. You don't need people to tell you that you are awesome and special because you already know. People find you attractive because of your mysterious private life and self-confident approach to everything.
Do you like Sten? You would love these names
- Brynjar - Boy name Brynjar is used largely in Scandinavian and Finnish, meaning of Brynjar is "Warrior or Armor" is originated from Old Norse
- Theodebald is equivalent of Dietbald in Latin language
- Ónarr is used notably in Old Norse and Icelandic is in general used for boys. Ónarr is Old Norse equivalent of Ánarr
- Vagnur is form of Vagn in Faroese language
- Bjørt is form of Bjǫrt in Faroese language
Namesakes of Sten
- Sten Sture the Younger, Swedish statesman and regent of Sweden
- Sten Sture the Elder, Swedish statesman and regent of Sweden 1470–1497 and 1501–1503
- Sten Andersson, Swedish social democratic politician
- Sten Forshufvud, Swedish dentist and physician
- Sten Wahlund, Swedish human geneticist and politician
- Sten Lindroth, Swedish historian of learning and science
- Sten Heckscher, Swedish lawyer and Social Democratic politician
- Sten Nadolny, German novelist
- Sten Rudholm, Swedish lawyer, member of the Swedish Academy
- Sten Lundström, Swedish Left Party politician
- Sten Malmquist, Swedish economist and statistician
- Sten Bergheden, Swedish politician of the Moderate Party
- Sten Nordin, Swedish politician of the Moderate Party and the current Governor of Blekinge County
- Sten Olsson, former Swedish handball player
- Sten Osther, retired Norwegian handball player
- Sten Odenwald, American astronomer, author
- Sten Stensen, former speed skater
- Sten Tolgfors, manager and part owner of the business consulting firm Rud Pedersen and a former Swedish politician
- Sten Pettersson, Swedish track and field athlete
- Sten Abel, Norwegian sailor
- Sten Pålsson, former Swedish footballer
- Sten Suvio, Finnish boxer
- Actor Sten Ardenstam, famous for movie 47:an L�ken bl�ser p�!
- Sten Eirik played the key character of Marcus and billionaire in 1996 action and sci-fi flick Electra.
- Sten Gester, from 1959 horror, sci-fi flick Invasion of the Animal People, who portrayed the Erik Engström.
- Sten Hegeler, from 1969 documentary, drama movie Ur kärlekens språk, who characterized the N.
- In 1941 drama, romance flick, En kvinna ombord, Sten Larsson characterized Anton Stillman.
- In 1949, Sten Lindgren characterized the role of Lars Landgren in drama film Lång-Lasse i Delsbo.
- Sten Ljunggren, from 1985 comedy, thriller film Dödspolare, who portrayed Bertil Ugglefors.
- Sten Jacobs played the role of Performer in biography and drama movie What Spring Does with the Cherry Trees.