Svein meaning and origin
Boy name Svein is originated from Old Norse, meaning of Svein is "Young, Youth, Boy, Lad or Solemn" is especially used in English, Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish, Scandinavian, Danish and Slavic. Svein is variant of acclaimed Sven. Sven is Slavic cognate of Solenne. Also Sven is Danish and Swedish cognate of Sveinn. Sven means Lad, Youth and Solemn is of Old Norse origin. Also Svein is form of Sveinn in Norwegian language. Svein is celebrated on September 25th.
Variants of SveinNames that rhyme with Svein
Popularity of Svein
Svein is a popular baby name in Norway where every 1 in 200 have the name. As per our findings, over 30000 people has been named Svein globally.
Numerological analysis of Svein
Having vowel E as your first one in your name represents your sensitivity. Grab the given opportunities or create your own. Open up to people and let them into your world. Be proud of yourself because even if you doubt your value, people like you are rare these days. Letter N as your capstone represents your sixth sense and strong intuition. When it comes to friends, you are their rock and shoulder to cry.
Other names similar to Svein, for would be moms
- Laban means White Man or White is used as a boy name and is rooted from Hebrew and Arabic is specifically used in Danish, Greenlandic and Finnish
- András - Boy name András means "The Brave or The Manly" which came from Old Greek is used specifically in Hungarian and Finnish
- Muireann - Used dominantly in Irish and Finnish recent and renowned, Muireann means "White Sea or Muir Which Means Sea" and came from Old Irish and Celtic is used for baby girls
- Leni - Leni's meaning is Native of Magdala, Lion or Shining is used dominantly in Danish and Swedish. It is rooted from Old Greek and Latin is used as a unisex name
- Alexandrine - Unconventional and Ceaseless Alexandrine has its origin in Old Greek is especially used in Danish and Finnish, Alexandrine means "Manly or He Who Wards Off (Other) Men" is a baby girl name
Namesakes of Svein
- Svein Rosseland, Norwegian astrophysicist and a pioneer
- Svein Inge Valvik, retired Norwegian discus thrower
- Svein Berge, Norwegian electronic musician
- Svein Johannessen, Norwegian chess player
- Svein Roald Hansen, Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Svein Gjelseth, Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Svein Erik Bakke, Norwegian entrepreneur
- Svein Gjedrem, Norwegian economist and former Governor of the Central Bank of Norway
- Svein Koningen, abstract expressionist painter
- Svein Olsen Øraker, Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Svein Ludvigsen, Norwegian politician for the Conservative Party
- Svein Aaser, former CEO of DnB NOR
- Svein Grøndalen, retired Norwegian footballer
- Svein Mathisen, footballer from Norway
- Svein Kvia, Norwegian footballer
- Svein Munkejord, Norwegian politician for the Conservative Party
- Svein Tuft, Canadian road bicycle racer and the 2006–07 UCI America Tour champion
- Svein Knutsson, c
- Svein Oddvar Moen, Norwegian football referee
- Svein Nyhus, Norwegian illustrator and writer of children's books
- Svein Alsaker, Norwegian politician for the Christian Democratic Party
- Sveinn Ólafur Gunnarsson in Á annan veg as Actor
- Svein Roar Aas is notable for his acting in TV series Muldvarpen
- Svein Byhring characterized critical role of Høna in 1949 drama film Gategutter.
- In 1996 adventure, family flick, Drømmen om kaptein Sabeltanns rike, Svein Haagensen played Maga Kahn.