Terri name meaning
On This Page
What does Terri mean?
Terri's meaning is Harvester, Abbreviation of Teresa, Ruler of the People, Theresa, Late Summer or The Hunteress is rooted from Old Greek and Old French which is mainly used in English, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian and Danish is aimed at both sexes.
Terri is form of trendy and enduring Terry. Terry is form of TerenceTheodoric. Also Terry is variant form of Tyrrell. Terry is also variation of celebrated Terri. Terry is abridged form of Terence.
Terry is equivalent of Terence in English language. Terry's meaning is Tender and In the 2Nd Century Bc came from Gothic, Old French and Old Greek.
How do I pronounce Terri?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Terri is t(er)-ri.
Variants of Terri
How popular is the name Terri?
Terri was among the very popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1922 around 146810 babies have been given the given name. When at its peak in 1959, it ranked 46th when 8783 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 148 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 2 times Terri is a common name in England and Wales given to over 665 babies in 22 years.
Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 1996, 136 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 273rd position.
Terri is a unique baby name in Queensland during its short run, it been to the top 100 names.
In 1967, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 84 on girl names chart when 44 babies were named Terri. The first name is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 25 years of use, it could not make it big.
Over 143 people have been named Terri in Ireland. It had a short run of 9 years on France girl names chart.
Terri is a rare baby name in Queensland where it may not be used now.
But Terri is a popular baby name in Canada where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, England and Australia. According to our estimate, at least 300000 people have been bestowed Terri around the globe.
Terri in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Terri
Nothing and no one can keep you amused for too long. Instead of exploring and searching for something the whole time, try to enjoy life. Keep distance and focus on your own aspirations. Self-doubt is your worst but it makes you better. You don't like many people walking in and out of your life. Freedom is what's most important for you. You want to be surrounded by inspiring people who know what they want and work constantly to become the people they want to be someday.
If you like Terri, you would love these names
- Melisent - The girl name Melisent is originated from Old Greek used majorly in English language, Melisent means "Variant of Melissa or Bee"
- Aleethia - The girl name Aleethia means "Exalted and Noble" is rooted from Old Greek and Germanic. Aleethia is derived from Alea.
- Marie-Agnès - Greek and Hebrew name Marie-Agnès means "Princess of the Sea or Pure"
- Ellette - Meaning of Ellette is Light, God with Us and Little Ash-girl used for girls has its origin in Old Greek and Arabic is mainly used in English. Ellette is abridged form of Ella.
- Althia - The odd girl name Althia is dominantly used in English has its roots in Old Greek, Althia means "With Healing Power or Healer"
Famous people named Terri
- Terri Windling, American editor, artist, essayist
- Terri Treas, American actress, writer and director
- Terri Blackstock, Christian fiction writer
- Terri McCormick, former Wisconsin State Representative
- Terri Hardin, puppeteer, artist, and former Disney imagineer
- Terri Rogers, transsexual English ventriloquist and magician
- Terri Schiavo case,
- Terri J. Vaughn, American actress, director and producer
- Terri Nunn, American singer and actress
- Terri Lynn Land, American politician
- Terri Welles, American actress and adult model
- Terri Minsky, American television writer and producer
- Terri Brosius, American musician, voice actress and game designer
- Terri Irwin, American-Australian naturalist, conservationist
- Terri Runnels, American retired professional wrestling manager
- Terri Clark, Canadian country music artist
- Terri Dwyer, British television presenter and actress
- Terri Ivens, American actress and author
- Terri Garber, American actress and entrepreneur
- Terri Gibbs, American country music artist who is blind
- Terri Allard, American country and folk singer-songwriter
- Terri O'Connell, former motorsports racing champion, artist, author
- Terri Hawkes, Canadian actress
- Terri Walker, English R&B and soul singer-songwriter
- Terri Utley, American beauty queen and motivational speaker
- Terri & Monica, along with third member Tara Geter
- Terri Lyne Carrington, jazz drummer, composer, singer
- Terri Seymour, English television presenter and actress
- Terri Hendrix, singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist
- Terri Conn, American actress
- Terri Hollowell, American singer
- Terri Bonoff, American politician
- Terrie Davis in The Backyard Show as Miscellaneous Crew
- Terri Matthews in as
- Terri Ganey in On the List as Actress
- Terri Gardner in Sweet Dreams as Actress
- Terri Apple in Never Never as Actress
- Terri Middleton in The Lifeguard as Actress
- Terri Perri in Nine 1/2 Weeks as Actress
- Terri Lombardi in Episode #1.3 as Actress
- Actor Terri Ansell, notable for TV series Public Eye
- In 1983, Terri Lynn Hall played the role of Connie Wright in sci-fi, thriller flick The Prodigal Planet.
- In 1971 movie, Room 11, Terri Juston characterized Prostitute.
- Terri Wilgren played small character of N in 1996 drama movie Shooter on the Side.
- In 1965, Terri Dean characterized the role of N in comedy flick Tales of a Salesman.
- Terri Armstrong, from 2007 comedy film Side Show, who played Judy Lemke.
- In 2013, Terri Kwan portrayed the role of Black Widow in action and adventure movie Fei chang xing yun.
- Terri Ann Eckstein played the crucial role of N in 2013 drama film Stealing Time.
Lists having Terri
- Boys names beginning with T
- Girls names beginning with T
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Ter
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1969)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1967)
- Baby Names that mean Harvester
- Baby Names that mean Ruler
- Baby Names that mean People
- Baby Names that mean Summer
- Baby Names that mean Hunteress