Terry name meaning
On This Page
What does Terry mean?
Cherished and Evergreen unisex name Terry is of Gothic, Old French, Old Greek and Latin origin, Terry means "Smooth, Polished, One who Aids or Assists, King of Nations, Harvester, Abbreviation of Teresa, Power of the Tribe, Theresa, Form of Terence, Tender, Gracious, Good, The Hunteress, Terentius, Patronymic of An Illustrious Roman Family or In the 2Nd Century Bc" is used substantially in Finnish, English, Swedish, Norwegian and Danish.
Terry is version of Tyrrell. Tyrrell's meaning is Pull and Stubborn is primarily used in English is originated from Old French. Terry is a variant of widespread Terri. Terri is variant form of illustrous and perpetual Terry.
Terri is effeminate variation of Terry M. Illustrous and Perpetual Terri's origin is Old French and Old Greek, meaning of Terri is "Late Summer and Harvester". Terry is short of Terence.
Terence is English form of Terentius. Meaning of Terence is Turn and Instigator came from German, English and Latin.. It is celebrated on 10th of April.
How do I pronounce Terry?
The two syllabled name Terry is pronounced, t(er)-ry. tare-ee is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of TerryNames that rhyme with Terry
How popular is the name Terry?
Terry was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 519767 babies have been named Terry since 1880. At the peak of its usage in 1946, the moniker grabbed the 26th spot and 15605 baby boys were given the name.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 254 years but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 26 times
Terry is a common name in France given to over 3584 babies in 101 years.
At its zenith in 1988, it ranked 306th when 127 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, Terry was a common name in New South Wales. Over 2218 babies have been named Terry since 1952.
When at the peak of its usage in 1959,. After 19 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Terry is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names.
In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 301 on boy names chart when 87 babies were given the name Terry. There are over 1055 babies that have been given the name Terry in England and Wales.
Also, in Queensland, the name had been in use for 17 years beginning from 1960 and had secured the place in top 100 names. In 1960, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 75 on boy names chart when 57 babies were given the name Terry.
Over 751 babies in Queensland have been named Terry.
Terry is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 53 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 200.
There are over 289 babies that have been given the name Terry in Ireland. It had a short run of 10 years on Belgium boy names chart. But Terry is a popular baby name in Canada where every 1 in 500 have the name as well as in, England, Australia, Kenya, Nigeria, New Zealand and Malaysia.
According to our evaluation, at least 1070000 people have been bestowed Terry around the globe.
Terry in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Terry
Your friends are like addicted to you, but your family isn't very happy with how you live your life cause you are restless. People who have this number as their expression no can be described as free souls that can't be tamed. You are seen as a dominant force at your workplace, while your friends see you as their shoulder to cry. You like the natural flow of things. When it comes to life goals, you are cautious and always plan precisely your next steps.
Do you like Terry? Other names you would love
- Tasso - Origin of Tasso is in Latin and German is used in German and Italian used as a boy name, meaning of Tasso is "Yew, Indeed or Badger"
- Colm - Renowned Colms origin is Latin is a baby boy name, meaning of Colm is "Dove" is used dominantly in Finnish and English
- Maya - Dominantly used in Marathi, Tamil and Finnish in fashion and frequently used, Maya means "Truth or Everlasting or Striving" used as a gender insensitive name came from Sanskrit and Hebrew
- Victorino - Queer boy name Victorino means "Winner or Victor" has its origin in Latin is mainly used in Spanish and Portuguese
- Lony - Lony's meaning is Lion or Inspired By the Greek God Apollo is a girl name principally used in Finnish, Swedish and Danish is of Latin origin
Famous people named Terry
- Terry Biddlecombe, English National Hunt racing jockey
- Terry Hall, English ventriloquist
- Terry Halpin, Australian Computer scientist
- Terry C. Johnston, American Western fiction author
- Terry Wynn, Member of the European Parliament for North West England for the Labour Party
- Terry Waters, British soldier
- Terry Bergeson, former three-term Washington State Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Terry Garrity, American author
- Terry Glaze, lead singer of Pantera from 1982 to 1987
- Terry Shannon, American information technology consultant
- Terry Cashman, record producer and singer-songwriter, best
- Terry Winter, Canadian televangelist
- Terry Forrestal, English actor, stuntman and BASE jumper
- Terry Virgo, prominent leader
- Terry Jones, Terry Jones Jr
- Terry Higgins, was among the first people known to die of an AIDS-related illness
- Terry Albritton, American athlete
- Terry Glavin, Canadian author and journalist
- Terry Mike Jeffrey, American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist
- Terry Ellis, English record producer and manager best
- Terry Williams,
- Terry Sanderson, member of the Sanderson family of Orangeville
- Terry St Clair, British folk musician, guitarist and composer
- Terry Prue, retired Australian Test cricket match umpire
- Terry Hertzler, American poet and writer
- Terry Cox, played drums
- Terry Francis, British Tech House DJ and producer
- Terry Bevington, former manager
- Terry Crowley, linguist specializing
- Terry Burke, former member for the seat of Perth
- Terry Smith, American sports announcer for KLAA radio
- Terry Smith, Labor Party member of Australia's Northern Territory Legislative Assembly
- Terry Stickels, author of numerous puzzle books, calendars
- Terry Cameron, former South Australian politician
- Terry Johnson, Georgia State Representative first elected in 2000
- Terry Denton, Australian illustrator and author
- Terry Mulder, former Australian politician
- Terry Baddoo, television executive and a former TV host
- Terry Robinson, English football chairman and director
- Terry Wallis, American man living
- Terry L. Witte, attorney
- Terry Reynolds, professional rugby league footballer for the Canterbury Bulldogs
- Terry Kiely, English actor
- Terry R. Parke,
- Terry Tremaine, founder and national director of the National-Socialist Party of Canada
- Terry Winograd, American professor of computer science at Stanford University
- Terry Eagleton, FBA He is currently Distinguished Professor of English Literature at Lancaster University
- Terry Hart, American mechanical and electrical engineer
- Terry Sejnowski, Francis Crick Professor at The Salk Institute for Biological Studies where he directs the Computational Neurobiology Laboratory and is the Director of the Crick-Jacobs Center for Theoretical and Computational Biology
- Terry W. Virts, Terry W. Virts Jr
- Terry Pratchett, English author of fantasy novels
- Terry Gilliam, American-born British screenwriter, film director
- Terry Riley, pioneer
- Terry Brooks, American writer of fantasy fiction
- Terry Jones, Welsh actor, writer, comedian, screenwriter
Lists having Terry
- Boys names beginning with T
- Girls names beginning with T
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Gothic Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Ter
- Popular Boy Names in United States (1979)
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1959)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (1972)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (1977)
- Baby Names that mean Smooth
- Baby Names that mean Ruler
- Baby Names that mean People
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean First
- Baby Names that mean King
- Baby Names that mean Nations
- Baby Names that mean Harvester
- Baby Names that mean Power
- Baby Names that mean Tribe
- Baby Names that mean Tender
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Good
- Baby Names that mean Hunteress
- Baby Names that mean Illustrious
- Baby Names that mean Roman
- Baby Names that mean Family