Terence name meaning
What does Terence mean?
Terence means Smooth, Old Form of the Roman Clan Name Terrance, Tender, Gracious, Good, Polished, Instigator, Rub, Turn, Twist or Terentius is mostly used in Danish, German, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian and English has its origin in English, German and Latin is a unisex name. Terence is English equivalent of Terentius.
How do I pronounce Terence?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Terence as t(e)-ren-ce. The other ways to say the name is ter(e)-nce.
Variants of Terence
How popular is the name Terence?
Terence was a popular name in United States. Over 34068 babies have been named Terence since 1885. At the peak of its usage in 1964, 1015 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 241st position. However after 137 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names a staggering 53 times Terence used to be a common name in Ireland, first appeared in 1964 and over 2363 babies have been given the name in 56 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1967,. However after 56 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, In France, Terence was once a common name since emerging in 1961 it has been given to over 2720 babies. At its zenith in 1989,. However after 54 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Terence was a common name in New South Wales. Over 1316 babies have been named Terence since 1952. When at the peak of its usage in 1953,. After 12 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Terence is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 376 on boy names chart when 59 babies were given the name Terence. There are over 744 babies that have been given the name Terence in England and Wales. Also, during its short run of just 7 years in Queensland, it had made it to the top 100 names. In 1964, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 67 on boy names chart when 56 babies were given the name Terence. Over 311 people have been named Terence in Queensland.
Terence is an uncommon baby name in Belgium where it is still in use. However things change on global perspective, Terence is extremely popular in England where every 1 in 600 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in South Africa, Wales, Malaysia, Cameroon and Northern Ireland. At least, 210000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Terence in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Terence?
You learn from your mistakes faster than others. Having vowel E as your first one in your name represents your sensitivity. When it comes to your job, you are always the one with a new idea to present. Initially you wanted to be a leader and a teacher, you've come to realize that working on something meaningful with people like you is what makes your soul happy. Your past is the reason why you've turned into this amazing, kind-hearted person.
Looking for a name like Terence? Please go through the following names
- Ursmar - Meaning of Ursmar is Bear or Famous came from German and Latin
- Terrence - Famed and Perennial unisex name Terrence is used particulary in German and English, Terrence means "Instigator, Smooth or Turn" is of Latin origin
- Priscillia - Dominantly used in French rarefied, Priscillia means "The Ancient or Antique" has its roots in Latin is used as a girl name
- Lin - Lin's meaning is Lake or Pretty is used in Norwegian and English used as a gender insensitive name came from Old English, Chinese and Latin
- Binek dominantly is used in Polish and Czech came from Latin, meaning of Binek is "Pale-skinned and Blond" is used as a boy name. Binek is resultant of Albin.
Middle names for Terence
These thriving and celebrated middle names fit well with Terence.
View more middle names that goes with Terence.
Famous people named Terence
- Terence Hill, Italian actor, film director
- Terence O'Neill, fourth Prime Minister of Northern Ireland and leader of the Ulster Unionist Party
- Terence Frisby, British playwright, actor, director and producer
- Terence Thomas, Baron Thomas of Macclesfield, British politician and banker
- Terence Tiller, English poet and radio producer
- Terence Blacker, English author, columnist, journalist
- Terence O'Connor, Conservative Party politician
- Terence Francis MacCarthy, genealogist, historian, and writer
- Terence Dickinson, Canadian amateur astronomer and accomplished astrophotographer
- Terence Conran, English designer, restaurateur
- Terence Zuber, American military historian specializing
- Terence Reese, British bridge player and writer
- Terence O'Gorman, poet from County Cavan, Republic of Ireland
- Terence O'Donnell, American writer
- Terence Judd, English pianist
- Terence J. Quinn, United States Representative from New York
- Terence James Reed, prominent British Germanist and Professor Emeritus at the University of Oxford
- Terence Walker, British Labour Party politician
- Terence P. Jeffrey, is editor-in-chief of the conservative United States Internet news service CNSNews
- Terence Chang, Hong Kong and American film producer
- Terence Jay, American actor and musician
- Terence Knapp, English actor, director, educator, and author
- Terence Copley, archive
- Terence Bourke, 10th Earl of Mayo, spent much of his life in England
- Terence Boston, Baron Boston of Faversham, British Labour Party politician
- Terence Clarke, British army officer and politician
- Terence de Vere White, Irish writer, lawyer and editor
- Terence O'Brien, British career diplomat
- Terence Ryan, British film director, writer, and producer
- Terence Wheelock, a 20-year-old young man
- Terence Feely, British screenwriter, playwright and author
- Terence A. McEwen, Canadian opera manager
- Terence Rees, microbiologist but was best known as a collector of material relating to the theatre and music
- Terence Sanders, British rower
- Terence O'Brien, English rower, born in Thanet
- Terence Cooke, American cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church
- Terence T. Henricks, retired colonel
- Terence Tao, Australian-American mathematician
- Terence Parr, professor of computer science at the University of San Francisco
- Terence Parsons, American contemporary philosopher of the analytic tradition
- Terence Kealey, British biochemist
- Terence O'Brien, Irish Roman Catholic Bishop of Emly
- Terence Rattigan, British dramatist
- Terence Stamp, English actor
- Terence McKenna, American ethnobotanist, mystic, psychonaut
- Terence V. Powderly, American labor union leader
- Terence Cooper, British film actor
- Terence Cuneo, prolific English painter noted for his scenes of railways
- Terence Young, British film director and screenwriter best
- Terence Hamilton-Temple-Blackwood, 2nd Marquess of Dufferin and Ava, British diplomat
- Terence Ranger, prominent British Africanist
- Terence Davies, English screenwriter, film director
- Terence Higgins, Baron Higgins, British Conservative politician and Commonwealth Games silver medalist winner for England
- Terence Fisher, British film director
- Terence Hallinan, American attorney and politician
- Terence MacManus, Irish rebel
- Terence Young, politician in Ontario, Canada
Lists having Terence
- Boys names beginning with T
- Girls names beginning with T
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Ter
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (1984)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (1964)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (1967)
- Baby Names that mean Smooth
- Baby Names that mean Old
- Baby Names that mean Roman
- Baby Names that mean Clan
- Baby Names that mean Tender
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Good