Ursula name meaning
What does Ursula mean?
Predominant and Conifer Scandinavian, German, Latin, Italian and English Ursula means "Small Bear" aimed at girls is used in Norwegian, Gujarati, Tamil, Oriya, German, Finnish, Swedish, English, Marathi, Telugu, Malayalam, Danish, Bengali, Italian, Hindi and Kannada. Ursula is variant of Ursus. Used particulary in Finnish and Swedish long standing and popular, Ursus, Ursus means "Bear" is of Latin origin. The name is celebrated on October 21st or May 29th.
How do I pronounce Ursula?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Ursula as u-rsu-la. ur-sula or ur-suh-luh are the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Ursula
View middle names that goes with Ursula like Khia, Osia, Vula,Names that rhyme with Ursula
How popular is the name Ursula?
Ursula was a common name in United States. Over 14602 babies have been named Ursula since 1881. At its zenith in 1901,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 138 years. In addition to that, the moniker has been in Ursula is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 1964, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 98 on girl names chart when 70 babies were given the name Ursula. There are over 981 babies that have been given the name Ursula in Ireland. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1903 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1972, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 449 on girl names chart when 56 babies were given the name Ursula. There are over 1017 babies that have been given the name Ursula in France.
Ursula is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 23 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 418 people have been named Ursula in England and Wales. However things change on global perspective, Ursula is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 200 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Switzerland, Austria, Brazil, South Africa, Peru, Mexico, England, Philippines and Spain. As per our estimate, over 1170000 babies have been bestowed Ursula around the globe.
Ursula in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Ursula
Find someone who will change how you see love. Your soul mate is somewhere out there. Open your eyes. You don't take love very seriously. In order to achieve great things and become the influencer you always dreamed to be, you have to pay attention to people because believe it or not, they play their part in a person's career success. When it comes to love, you are a hopeless romantic who dreams of finding your soul mate.
Other names similar to Ursula
- Leontios came from Latin language bestowed upon baby boys, meaning of Leontios is "Lion" is used commonly in Greek
- Aurelius - Meaning of Aurelius is Golden, Gilded, Golden-Haired or The Elements Aureus Meaning Golden is a baby boy name notably used in Danish and Norwegian has origin in Latin
- Lilana - Specifically used in Latvian recent and unexpected, Lilana means "Favour and Gracious" which is rooted from Latin is aimed at girls. Lilana is resulted from Lilian.
- Aranka - Aranka's meaning is Gold or Gold Made used for girls which of Hungarian and Latin origin is used largely in Swedish and Tamil
- Césarie - Originated from Latin, Césarie means "Incision or Cut"
Famous people named Ursula
- Ursula Thielemann, field hockey international from West Germany,
- Ursula Haubner, Austrian politician of the Alliance for the Future of Austria
- Ursula Cowgill, biologist and anthropologist
- Ursula Stenzel, Member of the European Parliament
- Ursula Hegi, German-born American writer
- Ursula Oppens, American classical concert pianist and educator
- Ursula Ledóchowska, Polish Roman Catholic professed religious and the foundress of the Ursulines of the Agonizing Heart of Jesus
- Ursula Bruhin, Swiss snowboarder
- Ursula of Brandenburg, German noblewoman
- Ursula Moray Williams, English children's author of nearly 70 books for children
- Ursula Knab, German athlete
- Ursula Donath, athlete from East Germany
- Ursula Martinez, London-based Anglo-Spanish British writer
- Ursula Konzett, former Alpine skier from Liechtenstein
- Ursula Dubosarsky, Australian writer of fiction and non-fiction for children and young adults
- Ursula Lingen, German-Austrian actress
- Ursula Schulz-Dornburg, German photographer and artist
- Ursula Hirst, British character actress
- Ursula Martin, British computer scientist
- Ursula Mamlok, German-born American composer and teacher
- Ursula St Barbe, lady at the court of Queen Elizabeth I of England
- Ursula Bloom, British novelist
- Ursula Katharina Lubomirska, divorced Princess Lubomirska
- Saint Ursula, Romano-British Christian saint, died on October 21
- Ursula Franklin, German-Canadian metallurgist, research physicist
- Ursula Goodenough, Professor of Biology Emerita Washington University
- Ursula K. Le Guin, American novelist
- Ursula Andress, Swiss film and television actress
- Ursula Plassnik, Austrian diplomat and politician
- Ursula Rucker, American spoken word recording artist
- Ursula Stephens, former Australian politician
- Ursula von der Leyen, German politician
- Ursula Burns, American businesswoman
- Ursula Reit, German television and movie actress
- Ursula Vernon, American freelance writer, artist and illustrator
- Ursula Howells, English actress whose elegant presence kept her much in demand for roles
- Ursula Karven, German actress, writer, model and yoga istructor
- Ursula Appolloni, Canadian politician
- Ursula Vaughan Williams, English poet and author
- Ursula Buchfellner, German model and actress
- Ursula Jeans, English film, stage, and television actress
- Ursula Mommens, English potter
- Ursula von Rydingsvard, contemporary artist
- Ursula Holden-Gill, award-winning storyteller
- Ursula Thiess, German film actress
- Ursula Merchant, German Las Vegas-based performance artist
- Ursula Caberta, German politician
- Ursula Mancusi Ungaro, United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Ursula Holl, retired German footballer
- Ursula Hayden in You Gotta Know When to Fold Them: Part 2 as Actress
- Ursula Lillig in Dritter Teil as Actress
- Ursula Strätz in Fontane Effi Briest as Actress
- Ursula Dabrowsky in Family Demons as Director
- Ursula Jones in EverAfter as Actress
- Ursula Werner in Wolke 9 as Actress
- Ursula Austin in Take Off as Actress
- Ursula Coyote in Ozymandias as Camera and Electrical Department
- Ursula Maria Schaefer in Rolls-Royce Baby as Actress
- Ursula Bedena in L'étrange couleur des larmes de ton corps as Actress
- Ursula Blauth, from 1970 comedy movie Die fleißigen Bienen vom Fröhlichen Bock, who portrayed the Ingrid, Schwimmlehrerin.
- Ursula Fischer, from 1983 flick Kleine Zeichen, who portrayed N.
- In 1955, Ursula Herion played the role of Rosenrot and Rose Red in family and fantasy film Schneeweisschen und Rosenrot.
- Ursula Flores, from 1983 action and crime film Blade Violent - I violenti, who played Albina.
- In 1963 drama movie, Im Parterre links, Ursula Kopp characterized Helen Wieser.
- In 1928 drama flick, Severnaya Lyubov, Ursula Krug portrayed The storekeeper's wife.
- In 1963 drama flick, Erotikon - Karussell der Leidenschaften, Ursula Oberst characterized Das junge Mädchen.
- In 2018, Ursula Ofner portrayed the role of Elisabeth Murer in drama, history film Murer: Anatomie eines Prozesses.
- Ursula Sieg, from 1971 drama film Ich werde dich töten, Wolf, who played Junge Frau.
- Ursula Schäppi portrayed central role of dual-role in 1990 film Rotsch.
- Ursula Weiss portrayed the critical role of Beth Davis in 2000 thriller film Deception.
- Ursula Braun, from 1989 movie Rücke vor auf: Frühlingsmorgen, who played N.
Lists having Ursula
- Girl names beginning with U
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1964)
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Female
- Baby Names that mean Bear
- Baby Names that mean Small