Wim meaning and origin
Wim is used chiefly in Dutch, German and English, Wim means "Will-helmet, Strong Helmet, Protect, Will, Desire or Protection" and originated from Germanic and Old High German is a boy name . Wim is a short form of William. William is resultant of Guillaume. Also William is form of Wilhelm in English language. William came from Germanic and Old High German, meaning of William is "Will, Resolute Protector and Protect".Names that rhyme with Wim
Popularity of Wim
Wim is a popular baby name in Netherlands where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in Belgium. As per our research, over 110000 people has been named Wim globally.
Wim in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Wim
You believe planning revenge is a waste of energy and time and you use those doing something productive or noble. You have high ideals. You need to open up to new adventures and experiences. The number 9 as your personality no reveals that you are charming, positive, very idealistic and well-versed in different subjects. You don't have enemies but people have hurt you in the past because of your openness and naivety.
Looking for a name like Wim? Please go through the following names
- Rien - Anomalous Rien has its origin in Latin and Germanic is largely used in Dutch, Rien means "Sea Which Belong and Of the Sea" is used as a gender insensitive name. Rien is short form of Marinus.
- Brigitta - Unconventional Brigittas origin is Celtic bestowed upon girls and is used predominantly in French, Swedish and German, meaning of Brigitta is "Strength, Force or The Exalted One"
- Hannie - Of Hebrew origin, Customary and Conifer Hannie is a girl name is used in Dutch and English. Hannie is form of Anna in English language. Also Hannie is equivalent of Johanna in Dutch language. Also Hannie is equivalent of Jane in Dutch language
- Bastiaan - Boy name Bastiaan means "From Sebaste" and is mostly used in Dutch has origin in Old Greek
- Ron - Famed Ron is originated from Old Norse and Old English, Ron means "Joy, Ruler's Counselor or Crooked Nose" and is given to both sexes is mostly used in English and Swedish. In 1980, famed Ron was the 494th most popular name on baby boy chart in United States
Namesakes of Wim
- Wim Boost,
- Wim Blockmans, was Professor of Medieval History at Leiden University between 1987 and 2010
- Wim Gijsen, Dutch science fiction and fantasy writer
- Wim Turkenburg, is emeritus professor 'Science
- Wim van Spingelen, * [http://www
- Wim Hermsen, former water polo player from the Netherlands
- Wim van de Schilde, former water polo player from The Netherlands
- Wim Soutaer, Belgian singer best known for placing third
- Wim Henderickx, Flemish composer of Contemporary classical music based
- Wim Schuhmacher, Dutch painter and designer
- Wim van Heel, Dutch field hockey player
- Wim Ebbinkhuijsen, retired Dutch computer scientist
- Wim Schröder, Dutch show jumping equestrian
- Wim van der Kroft, Dutch canoeist
- Wim Wenders, German filmmaker, playwright, author, photographer
- Wim Kok, Dutch politician
- Wim Duisenberg, Dutch Labour Party politician
- Wim van Est, Dutch racing cyclist
- Wim Mertens, Flemish Belgian composer, countertenor vocalist
- Wim Jansen, Dutch former footballer and manager
- Wim Crouwel, Dutch graphic designer, type designer
- Wim Jonk, Dutch football coach
- Wim Ruska, judoka from the Netherlands
- Wim Delvoye, Belgian neo-conceptual artist
- Wim Kieft, Dutch retired footballer
- Wim T. Schippers, Dutch artist, comedian, television director
- Wim Vriend, former water polo player from the Netherlands,
- Wim Eyckmans, Belgian racecar driver
- Wim Koevermans, a former football central defender
- Wim Arras, former Belgian cyclist
- Wim Rijsbergen, football manager and former defender
- Wim Suurbier, former Dutch football player and among others assistant coach of the Albanian national team
- Wim Deetman, Dutch politician
- Wim Anderiesen, Dutch footballer
- Wim Hof, Dutch extreme athlete noted for his ability to withstand extreme cold
- Wim van Heumen, field hockey coach from the Netherlands
- Wim van Til, retired Dutch footballer
- Wim Vansevenant, Belgian former professional road bicycle racer
- Wim Van Huffel, Belgian former road bicycle racer
- Wim De Decker, retired Belgian football player and current manager of Antwerp
- Wim De Vocht, Belgian retired professional road bicycle racer
- Wimie Wilhelm in Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo as Actress
- In 1952 comedy film, De moedige bruidegom, Wim Blommaert played De bokser.
- In 1976 drama movie, Vandaag of morgen, Wim de Haas portrayed N.
- In 2009 family flick, Sinterklaas en de verdwenen pakjesboot, Wim Rijken characterized Sinterklaas and Self.
- In 1973, Wim Sonneveld characterized the role of Robbie van Henegouwen de Boer in comedy movie Op de Hollandse toer.
- In 1953 documentary, sport movie, Tour De France 1953, Wim Povel characterized Commentaar.