Andries meaning and origin
Boy name Andries is of Old Greek origin is used substantially in Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, German and Norwegian. Andries is variant of loved and biblical Anders. Anders is variant form of imperishable and celebrated Anderson. Also Anders is variant form of frequently used and biblical Andreas. Anders is also variant form of biblical and celebrated Andrew. Anders is also version of virtuous, lofty and immutable Anthony. Anders is Swedish form of Andræs. Of Old Greek, Scandinavian and Latin origin, Anders, Anders means "The Brave, The Manly and The Brave". Andries is Dutch form of Andreas.
Variants of Andries
View middle names that goes with Andries like Petter, Timon, Conn, Roey, Cashton, Yoan,Names that rhyme with Andries
Popularity of Andries
Andries is an uncommon baby name in Belgium where it has been in use since 1995 and achieved its top ranking of 411 in 1998. Over 157 people have been named Andries in Belgium. Andries is a rare baby name in England and Wales where it may not be used now. But Andries is a popular baby name in South Africa where every 1 in 700 have the name. At least, 90000 people globally have carried Andries as their given name according to our estimate.
Andries in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Andries
People admire your spirit. You are all about adventure and travel. You remind people that life is for you to live it, and not survive, something many do these days. You are not like other people. You can't get used to a boring life and monotony. Working harder than required is what you are known for. You are an adventurer who likes to live on the edge but planning your future and your next moves make you feel secure.
Looking for names similar to Andries? Please go through the following names
- Delinda - Widespread girl name Delinda means "Linden, Lime-Wood Shield or Lime" which originated from Germanic, Old Greek and Old High German is principally used in Italian and English
- Anastasi - The unisex name Anastasi is specifically used in Finnish and Swedish came from Old Greek. Anastasi is equivalent of Anastasius in Latin and Russian languages
- Leiandros - Meaning of Leiandros is Lion-Like is rooted from Old Greek, mainly used in Greek is given to baby boys
- Alexena - Meaning of Alexena is Defender of Men and Alexein Which Means to Ward Off to Defend used for baby girls which originated from Old Greek is principally used in Spanish and English. Alexena is abridged form of Alexandra.
- Pit - Used dominantly in German and Swedish, Pit means "The Rock, The Stone or From the Pit" and typically is bestowed upon baby boys has origin in Old Greek
Namesakes of Andries
- Andries Both, Dutch genre painter
- Andries de Witt, was Grand Pensionary of Holland between 1619 and 1621
- Andries Waterboer, leader of the Griqua people
- Andries Pretorius, leader of the Boers
- Andries Brink, South African military commander
- Andries van Dam, Dutch-born American professor of computer science and former vice-president for research at Brown University
- Andries Treurnicht, South African politician
- Andries Cornelis Dirk de Graeff, Governor General of Dutch East Indies and a Dutch minister for foreign affairs
- Andries Stockenström, officeholder
- Andries Kinsbergen, Belgian lawyer and politician
- Andries Bicker, wealthy merchant on Russia, a member of the vroedschap