Yoel meaning and origin
Prevalent boy name Yoel is of Hebrew origin is used majorly in Hebrew. Yoel is a form of evergreen and famed Joel. Joel is Nordic equivalent of The Hebrew Name יוֹאֵל Meaning Yahweh is God. Also Joel is equivalent of Ljøl in Norwegian language. Joel is also Latin cognate of Gjord. Joel is also equivalent of Njål in Norwegian language. Prevalent Hebrew Joel, meaning of Joel is "Lord God and God is Willing".
Variants of Yoel
View middle names that goes with Yoel like Koon, Ryze, Sige, Arth, Kden, Petter,Names that rhyme with Yoel
Popularity of Yoel
Yoel used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1970 and over 3224 babies have been given the name in 47 years. At the peak of its usage in 1980,. However after 47 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Yoel is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1969 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 1999, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 855 on boy names chart when 28 babies were named Yoel. Over 543 babies in France have been named Yoel.
Yoel is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 201 babies that have been given the name Yoel in England and Wales. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and peaked in 2015 when it ranked 578th. But Yoel is a popular baby name in Cuba where every 1 in 600 have the name as well as in, Venezuela, Israel and Indonesia. At least, 60000 people globally have carried Yoel as their given name according to our research.
Numerological analysis of Yoel
You are an introspective, courageous, and mindful person. People admire your endless hope that things will get better in the world and your courage to do what others avoid to do. But you never change your style as trends change because you are faithful to your individuality. You never approach issues or challenges with a negative attitude because you know that no problem comes with a solution. Not everyone deserves your attention.
Parents who liked Yoel, loved these names
- Abhy - Hebrew name Abhy bestowed upon girls which is used largely in Tamil, meaning of Abhy is "My Father Rejoices and Father in Rejoicing". Abhy is resultant of Abigail.
- Janeeta - Substantially used in Tamil, Janeeta is rooted from Hebrew, meaning of Janeeta is "God is Gracious" is used as a baby girl name
- Bethaneah - Originated from Hebrew, Bethaneah bestowed upon girls, Bethaneah means "House of Poverty and House". Bethaneah is derivative of Bethany.
- Hosanna - Unconventional unisex name Hosanna means "Deliver Us or Save Us" which is used majorly in English is originated from Hebrew
- Abymelek - Abymeleks origin is Hebrew bestowed upon boys, meaning of Abymelek is "The King is My Father". Abymelek is resulted from Abimelech.
Namesakes of Yoel
- Yoel Levi, Israeli musician and conductor
- Yoel Esteron, founder and publisher of Calcalist
- Yoel Judah, eldest member of the Brooklyn-based Judah boxing family
- Yoel Aloni, Israeli chess master and problemist
- Yoel Kahn, senior Chabad rabbi,
- Yoel García, Cuban triple jumper
- Yoel Hernández, Cuban track and field athlete
- Yoel Lavi, Israeli politician
- Yoel Hernández, Venezuelan professional baseball relief pitcher
- Yoel Razvozov, Israeli judoka
Lists having Yoel
- Boy names beginning with Y
- English Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Jehovah
- Baby Names that mean Precious
- Baby Names that mean Prophet
- Baby Names that mean Old
- Baby Names that mean Testament
- Baby Names that mean Work
- Baby Names that mean power
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Powerful
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Victorious
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh