Adama meaning and origin
Atypical Adama is used largely in Danish, Finnish, African, French, Swedish and Norwegian aimed at both boys and girls. Its origin is in Hebrew, Adama means "Man or Majestic". Adama is a variant form of ever lasting and biblical Adam. Unfamiliar Adam is originated from Assyrian and Hebrew, Adam means "Man of Earth and Human Being, Man".
Variants of AdamaNames that rhyme with Adama
Popularity of Adama
A common name in France having over 3171 recievers in 93 years of usage. At present peaking at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 464th spot and 106 baby boys were given the name. Adama is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1973 and was able to reach the top 4000 names. In 1979, it ranked 3167th when 28 boys were named Adama. There are over 859 babies that have been given the name Adama in United States.
Adama is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 3000. Over 159 people have been named Adama in England and Wales. Also, it appeared first time in 2011 on baby girl names list of Belgium. However things change on global perspective, Adama is extremely popular in Burkina Faso where every 1 in 70 have the name as well as in, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Ivory Coast and Guinea. Also the baby name is popular in Cameroon, Niger, Gambia, Benin, Sierra Leone, Chad, Mauritania, Ghana, Togo and India. According to our findings, at least 1480000 people have been bestowed Adama around the globe.
Adama in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Adama?
You are the most active, livingly human being in your surroundings. Your personal progress matters more than your professional achievements and goals. Number 8 reveals your sharp focus and ability to love with all your heart as your personality number. If someone catches your eye, you are into the person before you even know it. However, this affects your self-confidence in a negative way. You remind people that life is for you to live it, and not survive, something many do these days.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Adama
- Godannah - The boy name Godannah has its origin in African, Godannah means "A Male Child and Boy". Godannah is a derivative of Godana.
- Uzima - The boy name Uzima is commonly used in African. Its origin is in African, Uzima means "One who is Full of Life or Energetic"
- Adero - Unexpected Adero principally is used in African has its origin in African and a girl name, meaning of Adero is "She who Creates Life"
- Munachyso means God is with Me is a boy name is originated from African. Munachyso is derivative of Munachiso.
- Dabiku - The Dabiku is dominantly used in African language, meaning of Dabiku is "Gift"
Namesakes of Adama
- Adama Drabo, Malian filmmaker and playwright
- Adama Tamboura, Malian footballer
- Adama Coulibaly, retired Malian football defender
- Adama Dieng, UN Secretary-General's Special Adviser for the Prevention of Genocide and former board member of the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance and a former registrar of the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda
- Adama Njie, retired Gambian middle-distance runner
- Adamari López in Héroes de otra patria as Actress
- Adama Niane in Baise-moi as Actor
- Actor Adama Diarra, renowned for movie Wariko, le gros lot
Lists having Adama
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- African Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Ada
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Majestic