Adam name meaning
On This Page
What does Adam mean?
The name Adam is derived from the Hebrew word adam, meaning 'man' or 'human'. The name was popularized by the Christian Bible, in which Adam was the first man created by God.
Adam has been a popular name throughout history, and remains common today.
According to Social Security Administration data, Adam was the 104th most popular baby boy name in the United States in 2021.
Some famous people named Adam include:
-Adam Levine, lead singer of Maroon 5; Adam Sandler, comedian and actor; Adam Driver, actor best known for his role in Star Wars; Adam McKay, director and screenwriter
There are many reasons why the name Adam is a good choice for a baby.
It is short and sweet, easy to pronounce, and has a nice meaning. It also has biblical origins, which can be important to some families. Overall, Adam is a great choice for a baby name, and one that you are sure to love.
Could Adam be an appropriate name for your new bundle of joy?
Adam is an appropriate and meaningful name for a newborn. Its Hebrew origin conveys a sense of strength, connected to the biblical figure Adam, known as the first man.
The meaning of Adam, "Son of Red Earth", can be interpreted in a variety of ways to represent new life and potential. The name has an uplifting connotation that reminds parents that life is precious and full of possibilities.
Adam is also timeless and classic, allowing the baby boy to gracefully transition into adulthood with his name still relevant.
How do I pronounce Adam?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Adam is a-dam.
Variants of Adam
Nicknames for Adam
Since name Adam is such a short name, it is hard to converge any further but we managed scrape out few options:Names that rhyme with Adam
How popular is the name Adam?
Adam was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 556438 babies have been named Adam since 1880. At its zenith in 1983, 23938 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 18th position.
However after 199 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 28 times Also, Adam was a popular name in England and Wales.
Over 63284 babies have been named Adam since 1996. When at the peak of its usage in 1996, the moniker grabbed the 16th spot and 4538 baby boys were given the name.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 23 times Also, Adam was a popular name in Ireland.
Over 3997 babies have been given the given name in 25 years. At its zenith in 1996, it ranked 11st when 532 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. After 25 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 8 times Also, Adam was a popular name in France. Over 62749 babies have been named Adam since 1900. At its zenith in 2016, 4654 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 3rd position.
However after 114 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 3 times Also, Adam is a popular name in Spain given to over 14059 babies in 13 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2019, 1446 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 38th position. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 10 times Also, a popular name in Sweden with over 6838 new-borns have been given the name since 1998.
At the peak of its usage in 2016, 797 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 11st position. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 11 times Also, Adam was a popular name in New South Wales.
Over 20893 babies have been named Adam since 1962. When at its peak in 1982, 1012 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 7th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 51 years.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 10 baby names 5 times
A common name in Switzerland having over 1280 recievers in 19 years of usage.
At present peaked at the charts, it ranked 44th when 150 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, In Netherlands, Adam was once a common name since emerging in 2015 it has been given to over 2295 babies.
When at its peak in 2016,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 5 years but it is still in a strong position. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times Also, Adam was a common name in Denmark.
Over 2726 babies have been named Adam since 2007. At the peak of its usage in 2017,. However after 12 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 12 times Also, Adam used to be a common name in Belgium, first appeared in 1995 and over 1989 babies have been given the name in 14 years.
When at its peak in 2008,. After 14 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Adam was a common name in Queensland. Over 7255 babies have been named Adam since 1971.
At the peak of its usage in 1981,. After 32 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Adam used to be a common name in Western Australia, first appeared in 1986 and over 197 babies have been given the name in 1 years.
At its zenith in 1986,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 10 baby names 1 times Also, Adam used to be a common name in Victoria, first appeared in 2008 and over 923 babies have been given the name in 8 years.
At its zenith in 2010,. However after 8 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Adam is a rare baby name in Western Australia, chances of it being still in use are very slim.
Over 197 babies in Western Australia have been named Adam. However things change on global perspective, Adam is extremely popular in Poland where every 1 in 90 have the name as well as in, Sudan, England, Chad and Nigeria.
Also the baby name is popular in Tanzania, Indonesia, Egypt, Czech Republic, Australia, Ghana, Canada, Russia, Mali, Germany, Pakistan, South Africa, Niger, India, Uganda, Eritrea, Morocco, Benin, Ethiopia, Malaysia, Ukraine, Kenya, Cameroon, Malawi, Israel, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Scotland, Philippines, Maldives, South Sudan, Libya, Wales, Zambia, Slovakia, Senegal, Gambia, New Zealand and DR Congo.
According to our estimate, at least 2490000 people have been bestowed Adam around the globe.
Adam in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Adam
If you have things to be handled, you handle them right away, without much waiting. You have a quick mind. You have to stay as you are – determined and self-confident to realize your goals. You are the innovator, the one who organizes parties or sleepovers, and the initiator for doing unusual stuff. The only thing holding you back is your lack of flexibility. At work, you are the innovator and researcher always focused on finding creative ways to solve things and improve the company's progress.
If you like Adam, you would love these names
- Sobiya - Meaning of Sobiya is Nurse of Prophet PBUH is chiefly used in Hindi and Malayalam is aimed at baby girls
- Eldin - Offbeat Eldin came from Old English and Arabic aimed at boys, meaning of Eldin is "Old Friend" is mostly used in English and Swedish
- Jahir - Trendy Jahir came from Arab language aimed at baby boys, used specifically in Arabic and English, meaning of Jahir is "Helper or Who has a Beautiful Voice"
- Ihsan - Unwonted Arabic Ihsan means "Beneficence, Charity or Favour" used commonly in Arabic, Gujarati and Kannada is bestowed upon both genders
- Budur - Principally used in Arabic and Arabic, Budur has its origin in Arabic and a gender-neutral name, meaning of Budur is "Full Moon"
Middle names for Adam
Some great options for mushrooming and in vogue middle names to go with Adam.
View more middle names that goes with Adam.
Sibling Names for Adam
Adam is a popular name for boys. If you're looking for sibling names to go with Adam, here are some ideas: 1. Emma 2. Claire 3. David 4. Ethan 5. Sarah 6. Jacob 7. Grace 8. Noah
Sister to Adam
Brother for Adam
Celebrity Baby News
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Welcome Third Baby
dam Levine and Behati Prinsloo are now officially parents of three! After months of speculation, the Maroon 5 frontman, 43, and the former Victoria's Secret model, 34, have welcomed their third baby in January. The couple are already parents to daughters Gio Grace, 4, and Dusty Rose, 6.
Famous people named Adam
- Adam of Bremen, German medieval chronicler
- Adam Marsh, English Franciscan, scholar and theologian
- Adam of Balsham, Anglo-Norman scholastic and churchman
- Adam Loftus, 1st Viscount Loftus, was Lord Chancellor of Ireland
- Adam of Saint Victor, prolific poet and composer of Latin hymns and sequences
- Adam Cadre, Together, we will beat them all,' she whispered
- Adam Murimuth, English ecclesiastic and chronicler
- Adam Busby, convicted terrorist, malicious hoaxer
- Adam Stegerwald, German Catholic politician and a leader of the left wing of the Centre Party
- Adam Greenfield, American writer and urbanist, based in London
- Adam de la Halle, French-born trouvère, poet and musician
- Adam Gib, Scottish religious leader
- Adam Marczyński, Polish painter
- Adam Friedrich Oeser, German etcher, painter and sculptor
- Adam Olearius, German scholar, mathematician
- Adam of Ebrach, first abbot of Ebrach Abbey
- Adam of Fulda, German musical author of the second half of the 15th century
- Adam Teuto, early German author whose Latin-language writings emphasized ecclesiastical topics
- Adam, name police gave to an unidentified young boy whose torso was discovered in the River Thames
- Adam Thirlwell, British novelist
- Adam Adami, German monk, diplomat and priest
- Adam de Brome, almoner to King Edward II and founder of Oriel College
- Adam von Bodenstein, Swiss Paracelsian alchemist and physician
- Adam Kuhn, American physician and naturalist
- Adam Pinkhurst, fourteenth-century English scribe
- Adam Malik, was Indonesia's third vice president
- Adam Nieniewski, Polish military commander
- Adam Schlesinger, bassist for the bands Fountains of Wayne, Ivy
- Adam Shand, visual effects operations manager and advocate of community wireless networks
- Adam Hepburn, 2nd Earl of Bothwell, 'Quarterly, 1st and 4th, Or, a bend azure ; 2nd and 3rd
- Adam Hepburn, Master of Hailes, was Sheriff of Berwickshire in April 1467
- Adam Hepburn of Craggis, son of Adam Hepburn
- Adam Clarke, British Methodist theologian and biblical scholar
- Adam Gifford, Lord Gifford, Scottish advocate and judge
- Adam Lux, German revolutionary and sympathiser of the French Revolution
- Adam Willis Wagnalls, American publisher
- Adam Walker, was born in Retford, Nottinghamshire in 1987
- Adam Gierek, Polish politician and Member of the European Parliament for the Silesian Voivodship with the Democratic Left Alliance-Labor Union
- Adam Rapacki, Polish politician and diplomat
- Adam Smith, Scottish economist
- Adam Weishaupt, German philosopher, professor
- Adam Hart-Davis, English scientist, author, photographer
- Adam Ferguson, Scottish philosopher and historian of the Scottish Enlightenment
- Adam Osborne, Thailand-born British-American author
- Adam Loftus, was Archbishop of Armagh, and later Dublin
- Adam Ries, German mathematician
- Adam Stefan Sapieha, Polish cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church
- Adam Maida, American cardinal prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
- Adam Kuper, South African anthropologist most closely linked to the school of social anthropology
- Adam Kozłowiecki, S.J.
- Adam Carolla, American comedian, radio personality, television host
- Adam Oehlenschläger, Danish poet and playwright
- Adam Wiśniewski-Snerg, Polish science fiction author
- Adam Sandler, American actor, comedian, screenwriter
- Adam Again, American rock band that was active
- Adam Clayton, Irish musician
- Adam Resnick, American comedy writer from Harrisburg
- Adam Mickiewicz, Polish poet, dramatist, essayist, publicist
- Adam Ant, English singer and musician
- Adam Lamberg, former American actor
- Adam Buxton, English comedian, writer and actor
Lists having Adam
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Czech Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Polish Baby Names
- Roman Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Girl names that starts with Ada
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in France (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (2017)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in Western Australia (1986)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Red
- Baby Names that mean Earth
- Baby Names that mean First
- Baby Names that mean Human
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Ruby
- Baby Names that mean Prophet
- Baby Names that mean Humanity
- Baby Names that mean Creature
- Baby Names that mean Prophets
- Baby Names that mean Black