Alonso meaning and origin
Admired Alonso has its origin in Gothic, Alonso means "Fight, Battle or Embattled", used dominantly in Spanish, Italian and English is a boy name . Alonso is form of eternal and prominent Alonzo. Alonzo is Italian and Spanish form of Alfonso. Originated from Gothic, Commonly Accepted Alonzo, Alonzo means "Eager for Battle and Ready for a Fight" is used largely in Italian, Spanish and English. Alonso is form of widely accepted and ceaseless Alfonso. Alfonso is equivalent of Alfons in Italian language. Alfonso's meaning is Eager for War and Spanish Form of Alphonse has origin in Italian and English.
Variants of AlonsoNames that rhyme with Alonso
Popularity of Alonso
Alonso is a popular name in Spain given to over 5666 babies in 11 years. At the peak of its usage in 2012, it ranked 66th when 856 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Additionally, the name has been in the top 100 baby names 8 times Alonso was a common name in United States. Over 10013 babies have been named Alonso since 1915. When at the peak of its usage in 2002,. However after 101 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but it is still going strong.
Alonso is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1925 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1933, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 634 on boy names chart when 29 babies were named Alonso. There are over 302 babies that have been given the name Alonso in France. Alonso is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 1819 (2014) in its 14 years run on England and Wales naming chart.
Alonso is a rare baby name in Belgium still in use today. But Alonso is a popular baby name in Mexico where every 1 in 4000 have the name as well as in, Colombia, Brazil and Venezuela. As per our estimate, over 120000 people has been named Alonso globally.
Alonso in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Alonso?
You lack enthusiasm and adventure. You hang around with different people, so you can widen your life perspective and expand your knowledge. People take you as a self-absorbed person but you don't care how they take you. You encourage people to walk the harder path and fight for what they believe is right. You have a quick mind. Your great sense of humor makes you attractive in other people's eyes.
Other names similar to Alonso
- Ananka - Ananka's meaning is Countless is mostly used in Sindhi and Marathi is aimed at baby girls
- Gurvir - Atypical Gurvir mostly is used in Sikh and Indian aimed at baby boys that originated from Punjabi, meaning of Gurvir is "Soldier of Guru"
- Whaley - The infrequent unisex name Whaley means "Whale Meadow" is originated from English
- Wallbi - Meaning of Wallbi is From the Welshman's Dwellings and House near a Wall is used as a boy name came from English. Wallbi is derivation of Walby.
- Fugel - Boy name Fugel means "Resembling a Bird and Bird" is originated from Old English. Fugel is derived from Fugol.
Namesakes of Alonso
- Alonso de Salazar, Spanish navigator of Basque origin,
- Alonso Lobo, Spanish composer of the late Renaissance
- Alonso Álvarez de Pineda, Spanish Conquistador and cartographer
- Alonso Mudarra, Spanish composer of the Renaissance
- Alonso de Arellano, 16th-century Spanish explorer
- Alonso Oyarzun, Canadian actor
- Alonso de Castillo Solórzano, He is said to have been baptized October 1, 1584
- Alonso Jerónimo de Salas Barbadillo, Spanish novelist and playwright, born in Madrid
- Alonso Cueto, Peruvian novelist and playwright
- Alonso Berruguete, Spanish painter, sculptor and architect
- Alonso de Burgos, royal confessor of Ferdinand and Isabella
- Alonso Duralde, American writer and film critic
- Alonso Núñez de Haro y Peralta, Archbishop
- Alonso García de Ramón, Spanish soldier and twice Royal Governor of Chile: first temporarily
- Alonso de Estrada, colonial official
- Alonso Muñoz, high-ranking administrator in Spain and,
- Alonso de Alvarado, Spanish conquistador and knight of the Order of Santiago
- Alonso de San Buenaventura, Spanish Franciscan friar and missionary evangelist
- Alonso de Maldonado, Spanish lawyer and a member of the Second Audiencia of Mexico City
- Alonso Ancira, Mexican businessman
- Alonso de Molina, (1513 or 1514 – 1579 He also wrote a bilingual confessional manual for priests
- Alonso de Contreras, Spanish sailor, soldier, privateer
- Alonso Andrada, biographer and ascetic writer
- Alonso Vázquez, Spanish sculptor and painter of the Renaissance period
- Alonso García Tamés, former CEO of the National Bank of Public Works and Services
- Alonso de Córdoba, Spanish nobleman's son
- Alonso Zapata, Colombian chess grandmaster
- Alonso Tostado, onso Fernández de Madrigal'
- Alonso Manso, Roman Catholic prelate
- Alonso de Ojeda, Spanish navigator, governor and conquistador
- Alonso Pérez de Guzmán, 7th Duke of Medina Sidonia, Spanish navy officer
- Alonso de Ercilla, Spanish nobleman, soldier and epic poet
- Alonso Solís, Costa Rican football player and singer,
- Alonso Sánchez Coello, Iberian portrait painter of the Spanish and Portuguese Renaissance
- Alonso Fernández de Lugo, Spanish military man, conquistador, city founder
- Alonso Pérez de Guzmán, Spanish nobleman and hero of Spain during the medieval period
- Alonso Neira Martinez, Colombian sculptor
- Alonso de Sotomayor, Spanish conquistador from Extremadura
- Alonso de Ribera, Spanish soldier and twice Spanish royal governor of Chile
- Alonso de Zuazo, Spanish lawyer and colonial judge and governor in New Spain and
- Alonso Fajardo de Entenza, was Spanish Governor-General and Captain-General of the Islands of the Philippines
- Alonso de León, was explorer and governor
- Alonso Alegría is credited as writer of movie Courage
- In 1961, Alonso de Córdova portrayed the role of Roberto in comedy and drama film Besito a Papa.
- In 1989 drama film, Mentiras piadosas, Alonso Echánove characterized Israel Ordóñez.
- In 1991 drama flick, La Frontera, Alonso Venegas characterized Delegate.