Isla name meaning
What does Isla mean?
Frequently Used and Perennial girl name Isla is used primarily in Danish, Hindi, Swedish, Scottish, Finnish and Norwegian, meaning of Isla is "Swelling Island But Probably Pre-Celtic" is originated from Scottish and Celtic.
How do I pronounce Isla?
The proper pronunciation of one syllabled Isla is EYE-la. There should be emphasis on first EYE syllable while speaking. The name can also be pronounced as eye-lah or ay-luh.
Variants of Isla
Nicknames for Isla
Given name Isla is already a short name, but some possible candidates include:
View middle names that goes with Isla like Emmaline, Doriane, Malaysia, Aislynn, Eliane,Names that rhyme with Isla
How popular is the name Isla?
Isla is a popular in United States where over 21963 new-borns have been given the name since 1886. Currently peaking at the charts, it ranked 82nd when 3393 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 1 times Also, Isla was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 36427 babies have been given the first name in 23 years. When at its peak in 2014, it ranked 3rd when 4012 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the name has been to the top 5 baby names 6 times
Isla is a common name in Ireland given to over 803 babies in 11 years. Presently the name is rising, in 2019, it ranked 34th when 170 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Isla is a common name in New South Wales given to over 1884 babies in 8 years. At its zenith in 2014, it ranked 13rd when 341 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Isla is a common name in Queensland given to over 1273 babies in 7 years. When at its peak in 2015, 245 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 12nd position. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 7 times Also, A common name in Victoria with over 1124 new-borns have been given the name since 2010. At its zenith in 2015, 225 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 16th position. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 6 times
Isla is an uncommon baby name in France, its highest ever rank is 1022 (1939) in its 15 years run on France naming chart. Isla is a rare baby name in Belgium where it is still in use. Isla is a common name in England while somewhat familiar name in Scotland, Brazil, Mexico, India, Indonesia, Canada, Portugal and South Africa. At least, 60000 people globally have carried Isla as their given name according to our estimate.
What numerology tells about Isla?
You are born for so much more than you think. You have this perfect life everyone admires. However, your life is far from perfect, and so are you. What truly matters is love, friends, family and inner peace and joy. The rest is temporary. You can stare at a wall and not feel bored because of your busy mind. You are the most important person in your life and to you, no one else matters. Make new mistakes and stop obsessing over old ones.
Go through the following names similar to Isla
- Ruy - Queer boy name Ruy means "Fame or Power", particulary used in Spanish is rooted from Old High German and Germanic
- Bohdan - The widespread and all time favorite boy name Bohdan is commonly used in Polish and Czech is of Celtic, Slavonic and Old Greek origin. Bohdan is equivalent of Bogdan in Ukrainian and Czech languages. Also Bohdan is form of Donald in Ukrainian language. Also Bohdan is Czech equivalent of Theodore
- Dunchan is originated from Celtic, Dunchan means "Brown or Warrior"
- Taralee - Unwonted Taralee came from Celtic bestowed upon baby girls, meaning of Taralee is "Rocky Hill and Hill Summit". Taralee is resultant of Tara.
- Dunstan - The odd boy name Dunstan is prevalently used in English has its roots in Celtic and Old English, Dunstan means "Brown Fortress or Brown Hills with Stones"
Famous people named Isla
- Isla Fisher, Australian actress, voice actress, and author
- Isla St Clair, Scottish singer
- Isla Cameron, Scottish actress and singer
- Isla Blair, British actress
- Isla Traquair, Buy
- Actor Isla Bevan, renowned for short The Star Reporter
Lists having Isla
- Girl names beginning with I
- American Girl Names
- Celtic Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Scottish Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Island