Alonzo name meaning
On This Page
What does Alonzo mean?
Notably used in Italian, Spanish and English unfading and dominant, Alonzo means "Eager for Battle or Ready for a Fight" and is given to both genders came from Gothic. Alonzo is equivalent of Alfonso in Italian and Spanish languages.
How do I pronounce Alonzo?
Two syllabled Alonzo is most commonly pronounced as a-lon-zo. al(o)-nzo is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of AlonzoNames that rhyme with Alonzo
How popular is the name Alonzo?
Alonzo is a popular in United States where over 41864 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. At present at its peak, 611 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 110th position.
In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names a whooping 118 times In France, Alonzo is a familiar name where it has been in use since 1963 and has secured the place in top 700 names.
In 2012, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 634 on boy names chart when 80 babies were named Alonzo. Over 827 babies in France have been named Alonzo.
Alonzo is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 2005 and achieved its top ranking of 1991 in 2018.
It also recently appeared in Belgium baby boy names chart. Alonzo is a rare baby name in Ireland still in use today. Alonzo is a common name in Guatemala, Mexico, Philippines and Venezuela while somewhat familiar name in Canada, Honduras, Peru, Colombia, Bolivia, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Bahamas and Panama.
At least, 40000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Alonzo in Nordic countries
Numerological analysis of Alonzo
You love to change and can't stand constancy and monotony. Planning is what keeps your mind in shape. Once you put your charming smile on, everyone forgets about your flaws and mistakes and dreams of spending the rest of their life near you. Working harder than required is what you are known for. You are extremely smart. It takes a long time for someone to gain a special place in your heart. You are enthusiastic, always do something productive, however, you lack creativity. In order to refuel your soul with creativity, travel, or do something unusual for you.
Go through the following names similar to Alonzo
- Cicero - Predominant and Evergreen boy name Cicero is rooted from Latin, meaning of Cicero is "Chick-Pea" is used in English. Well-Liked Cicero ranked at 480 position in 1885 in baby boy names list in United States
- Renata - Renata's meaning is Born Again is especially used in Finnish and Italian and is bestowed upon both sexes is originated from Latin
- Kirby - Largely used in English unfading and outstanding, Kirby means "Village with a Church or Village with Church". Its origin is in Old Norse is used for both genders
- Raul - Popular unisex name Raul has its origin in Germanic and Old High German used dominantly in English, Malayalam and Oriya languages, meaning of Raul is "Wolf Counsellor, Strong Defender or Form of Ralph Wolf Counsel"
- Aitana - Desirable and Skyrocketing Hot Aitana came from Basque, meaning of Aitana is "The Element Aintza Meaning Glory or From the Countryside Coming Aitana" used as a girl name is used in Spanish
Sibling Names for Alonzo
Introducing a list of sibling names for the charming and distinguished name, Alonzo. Whether you are expecting a new addition to your family or simply on the hunt for some inspiration, these names are sure to complement and enhance Alonzo's unique flair.
For a sister
Brother for Alonzo
Famous people named Alonzo
- Alonzo A. Hinckley, member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Alonzo Cano, Spanish painter
- Alonzo Cook, founder of the city of Garden Grove, California
- Alonzo Potter, American bishop of the Episcopal Church
- Alonzo W. Pond, archaeologist
- Alonzo Lewis, teacher, writer, surveyor, poet, reporter, editor
- Alonzo de Barcena, Spanish Jesuit missionary and linguist
- Alonzo T. Jones, key participant in the 1888 Minneapolis General Conference Session regarded as a landmark event
- Alonzo C. Shuford, U.S. Representative from North Carolina
- Alonzo Herndon, African-American entrepreneur and businessman
- Alonzo Church, American mathematician and logician
- Alonzo de Santa Cruz, Spanish cartographer, mapmaker, instrument maker
- Alonzo J. Edgerton, American politician
- Alonzo Mourning, Alonzo Harding Mourning Jr
- Alonzo Babers, American former athlete
- Alonzo B. Cornell, New York politician and businessman
- Alonzo Horton, American real estate developer
- Alonzo Dillard Folger, Democratic U.S Congressman
- Alonzo Bodden, American comedian and actor
- Alonzo C. Mather, was founder and president of the Mather Stock Car Company
- Alonzo J. Ransier, American politician in South Carolina
- Alonzo Spellman, former American football defensive lineman
- Alonzo Garcelon, 36th Governor of Maine
- Alonzo S. Church, sixth president of the University of Georgia
- Alonzo M. Clark, American politician
- Alonzo Jackson, former American football defensive end
- Alonzo Cushing, artillery officer
- Alonzo Highsmith, Alonzo Walter Highsmith, Sr
- Alonzo Nute, United States Representative from New Hampshire
- Alonzo Butler, American heavyweight boxer
- Alonzo Drake, English footballer and first-class cricketer
- Alonzo A. Skinner, American judge and Whig party politician in Oregon
- Alonzo Bradley, retired American basketball player
- Alonzo 'Hamburger' Jones in Episode #5.9 as
- Alonzo Ward in Jaws 3-D as Actor
- Alonzo F. Jones in Contrast as Actor
- Alonzo Millsap in Madea's Family Reunion as Actor
- Alonzo Brown in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest as Actor
Lists having Alonzo
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Gothic Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Eager
- Baby Names that mean Battle
- Baby Names that mean Fight