Ander meaning and origin
Curious boy name Ander is predominantly used in Basque, Old SwedishNorwegian, Danish, Finnish and Swedish, meaning of Ander is "The Brave, The Manly or Man" is originated from Old Greek. Ander is variation of darling and ceaseless Leander. Also Leander is variant spelling of Greek λεων = 'lion';ανδρος = 'of a man'. Also Leander is variant spelling of Attic Greek leōs = 'people';ανδρος = 'of a man'. Also Leander is variant spelling of Greek ? = 'happiness';ανδρος = 'of a man'. Unconventional Old Greek Leander, meaning of Leander is "Strong Brave Man Man of People and Man Like a Man". Ander is variant form of biblical, celebrated and timeless Andrew. Also Andrew is equivalent of Andreas in English language. Uncommon Old Greek Andrew, meaning of Andrew is "Manly and Man". Ander is variant form of biblical Andor. Andor is variant of Arndor. Andor is Hungarian form of Andreas. Also Andor is form of Andreas in Hungarian and Scandinavian languages. Andor is also Hungarian cognate of Andrew. Originated from Old Greek, Unfamiliar Andor, Andor means "Man, Brave and The Manly". Ander is form of celebrated and biblical Andreas. Andreas is short form of Names Beginning with Ανδρo-. Andreas is Greek, German and Welsh equivalent of Andrew. Meaning of Andreas is Masculine, The Brave and Of a Man has origin in Old Greek. Ander is celebrated on November 30th.
Variants of Ander
View middle names that goes with Ander like Edam, Thornton, Ngai, Vin, Omid,Names that rhyme with Ander
Popularity of Ander
Ander was among the popular names in Spain. Since emerging in 2002 around 3044 babies have been given the moniker. When at the peak of its usage in 2012, the moniker grabbed the 88th spot and 573 baby boys were given the name. After 7 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 100 baby names 7 times Ander is a common name in United States given to over 1620 babies in 84 years. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 1908, it ranked 1113rd when 152 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Ander is an uncommon baby name in France where it has been in use since 1975 and achieved its top ranking of 1622 in 1975. Also, Ander is a familiar name in China, Venezuela, Hong Kong, Peru, Brazil, Singapore, Iran, Taiwan, Indonesia, Mexico, Estonia, Pakistan, Nigeria and Dominican Republic. As per our evaluation, over 10000 people has been named Ander globally.
Ander in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Ander?
You have a restless spirit and booming energy. You hate being in the center of attention but somehow you always are because of your aura and charming expression. You are not like other people. You can't get used to a boring life and monotony. You love your freedom and respect other people's freedom too. You love life and life loves you. People take you as a self-absorbed person but you don't care how they take you.
Other names similar to Ander
- Medeia - Medeias origin is Old Greek is used primarily in Swedish and Finnish is given to baby girls. Medeia is Latin form of The Greek Name Μηδεια of Uncertain Meaning, It May Derive from the Greek Verb Medesthai = to Reflect, Meditate, Or Ponder
- Melecio - Curious boy name Melecio is originated from Old Greek, Melecio means "Attentive or Careful"
- Katland majorly is used in English, meaning of Katland is "The Pure and Girls" that came from Old Greek is given to baby girls. Katland is resultant of Kaitlin.
- Hermance - Uncommon unisex name Hermance is originated from Greek used in Greek and English languages, Hermance means "God of Trade In Mythology"
- Leonido - The boy name Leonido is used largely in Italian and Spanish, Leonido means "Son of the Lion or Son of Léon" is originated from Old Greek
Namesakes of Ander
- Ander Vilariño, Spanish auto racing driver
- Ander Crenshaw, American banker, attorney
- Ander Murillo, Spanish former footballer who played as a defender
- Ander Monro, Canadian rugby union footballer
- Ander Monson, American novelist, poet, and nonfiction writer
Lists having Ander
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with A
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- Basque Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with And
- Boy names that ends with -der
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Manly
- Baby Names that mean Man