Astor meaning and origin
Queer unisex name Astor means "Hawk or Preying" which is prevalently used in Norwegian, English, Finnish, Danish and Swedish came from Provençal, French and Latin. Astor is form of Ásþór. Also Ásþór is spelling variation of AS;ÞOR.
Variants of Astor
View middle names that goes with Astor like Benjamine, Bryer, Donte, Jer, Toye, Whitley,Names that rhyme with Astor
Popularity of Astor
Astor is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 39 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 336 people have been named Astor in United States. Also, it appeared first time in 2010 on baby boy names list of France. In Belgium, first appeared in 2010 and is still in use. Astor is a rare baby name in England and Wales however it is still in use. Astor is a common name in Brazil while somewhat familiar name in Honduras, Philippines, Jamaica and India. At least, 4000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Astor in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Astor
You are an ambitious person, who's driven by success and high aspirations. You are a child of change. You believe that art won't make you money, so you tend to focus on things that make a sure profit. Give art a chance. Unexpected problems boost your confidence and raise your adrenaline because you look at them as ways to prove you can handle just about everything coming on your way. You always have the best ideas and persistence to realize each and one of them at work.
Looking for names similar to Astor? Please go through the following names
- Maxima - Used especially in Danish, Norwegian and Icelandic unexpected, Maxima is originated from Latin and a baby girl name, Maxima means "The Greatest or The Word Maximus Which is of the Meaning Greatest"
- Addolorata - Girl name Addolorata is used dominantly in Italian. It is rooted from Spanish and Latin, Addolorata means "Pain"
- Flossy - Unwonted Latin Flossy means "Flourishing", used prevalently in English is a girl name
- Gussie - Meaning of Gussie is Revered or Augustine is used as a unisex name which came from Latin is prevalently used in English and English
- Norabel - Primarily used in English, Norabel means "Abbreviation of Eleanora or Light" which originated from Latin is used for baby girls
Namesakes of Astor
- Astor Piazzolla, Argentine tango composer, bandoneon player
- Astor Henríquez, Honduran footballer