Andreas name meaning
On This Page
What does Andreas mean?
Andreas's meaning is The Brave, Of a Man or The Manly is predominantly used in Icelandic, Finnish, Spanish, Old Norse, Dutch, Scandinavian, Danish, Swedish, Greek, German, Norwegian, Welsh and English which of Old Greek origin is a gender-neutral name.
Andreas is Welsh and German equivalent of Andrew.
Does Andreas work as a baby name?
Andreas is a charming and unique name that carries an air of strength and sophistication. It's a popular choice among parents who want to give their baby boy a classic name that stands out from the crowd.
Andreas is easy to pronounce, spell, and remember, which makes it a great option for parents who want to choose a name that won't cause any confusion or mispronunciations. This name has been around for centuries and has remained popular because of its timeless appeal.
Parents who choose Andreas for their baby will give him a strong and dignified name that he can carry with pride throughout his life.
How do I pronounce Andreas?
The two syllabled name Andreas is commonly pronounced as a-nd-reas. The name can also be pronounced as an-dreas.
Variants of Andreas
Nicknames for Andreas
If you are looking for a nickname for a baby named Andreas, There are plenty of choicesNames that rhyme with Andreas
How popular is the name Andreas?
a popular name in Denmark having over 16219 recievers in 30 years of usage. At its zenith in 1998, it ranked 8th when 937 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 10 baby names 2 times Also, Andreas was a popular name in Sweden. Over 2390 babies have been named Andreas since 1998.
When at the peak of its usage in 1998, 553 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 25th position. After 7 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times
In United States, Andreas was once a common name since emerging in 1913 it has been given to over 7462 babies.
At its zenith in 1966,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 97 years but it is still going strong. Also, Andreas is a common name in France given to over 2925 babies in 63 years.
Presently the name is rising, in 2007, it ranked 355th when 180 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, In Switzerland, Andreas was once a common name since emerging in 1998 it has been given to over 1179 babies.
When at the peak of its usage in 1998,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 21 years. Also, Andreas is common in Belgium where over 1742 new-borns have been given the name since 1995.
Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 1997, it ranked 126th when 102 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Andreas is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names.
In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 358 on boy names chart when 68 babies were given the name Andreas. Over 1162 people have been named Andreas in England and Wales.
Andreas is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, in use since 1966, peaked in 1968 when it ranked 222nd.
Andreas is a rare baby name in Finland and may not be used now.
However things change on global perspective, Andreas is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 200 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Austria, Greece, Indonesia, Cyprus, Namibia, South Africa and England.
As per our research, over 1280000 babies have been bestowed Andreas around the globe.
What numbers say about Andreas?
You are a seducer who doesn't care about true love but deep inside, you die to find someone who will teach you what true love looks like. It's strange but you enjoy being miserable sometimes. You are a risk taker because you know that in order to get something, you need to give something in return. You never take a leap of faith but do things with a plan. Your failures motivate you. You are known for your lively spirit, eternal patience and lack of belief when it comes to love.
Other names liked by would be moms that are similar to Andreas
- Jerômine - Jerômine's meaning is Sacred Name has origin in Greek
- Evode - The Evode is originated from Greek, meaning of Evode is "Good or Singing or Good"
- Kristopher - Renowned Kristopher came from Old Greek bestowed upon both sexes, meaning of Kristopher is "Bearing the Christ or Carrying Christ" is used principally in Swedish, English and Danish
- Callister - Long standing and Pleasing Gaelic, Old Greek and Irish Callister is substantially used in English is used for boys. Callister is equivalent of Alexander in English language
- Aela - Of Greek origin, New-fangled and Unwonted Aela means "Messenger" is a girl name
Middle names for Andreas
Below are loveable and well-received middle names we think go particularly well with Andreas:
View more middle names that goes with Andreas.
Sibling Names for Andreas
Choosing a name for your baby can be a daunting task, especially when you have other children with unique names. If you're looking for sibling names that pair well with Andreas, we've got you covered. Here's a list of some great options that complement the name Andreas beautifully.
Sister for Andreas
Brother to Andreas
Famous people named Andreas
- Andreas Capellanus, 12th-century author of a treatise commonly known as 'De amore'
- Andreas Aagesen, Danish jurist
- Andreas Schlüter, German baroque sculptor and architect, active
- Andreas Schroeder, German-born Canadian poet, novelist
- Andreas Hofer, Tyrolean innkeeper and drover
- Andreas Achenbach, German landscape painter
- Andreas Libavius, German physician and chemist
- Andreas Christoph Graf, German teacher
- Andreas Feininger, American photographer and a writer on photographic technique
- Andreas Kunstein, composer who was born in Brühl
- Andreas Acoluthus, German scholar of orientalism and professor of theology at Breslau
- Andreas Stihl, engineer and important inventor
- Andreas Karlstadt, German Protestant theologian
- Andreas Paolo Perger, contemporary Austrian guitarist, improviser
- Andreas Friedrich Bauer, German engineer
- Andreas Bauriedl,
- Andreas Maislinger, Austrian historian and founder of the Austrian Holocaust Memorial Service and Braunau Contemporary History Days
- Andreas Raelert, German triathlete
- Andreas Felix von Oefele, German historian and librarian
- Andreas Mihavecz, Austrian from Bregenz
- Andreas Ignatius Schaepman, Mgr
- Andreas Grassl, German man found in England in April 2005,
- Andreas Romberg, German violinist and composer
- Andreas P. Pittler, Austrian writer
- Andreas Kalvos, Greek poet of the Romantic school
- Andreas Michalakopoulos, important liberal politician
- Andreas Seyfarth, German-style board game designer,
- Andreas Tsipas, Greek Communist leader during the Second World War and the Greek Civil War
- Andreas Werckmeister, German organist, music theorist
- Andreas Stöberl, German humanist astronomer, mathematician
- Andreas Aurifaber, German physician of some repute, but through his influence with Albert of Brandenburg
- Andreas Palaiologos, claimant Byzantine emperor and Despot of Morea
- Andreas Samland, German film maker
- Andreas Kinneging, is Professor of Legal Philosophy at the University of Leiden
- Andreas Agnellus, historian of the bishops in his city
- Andreas Petroulakis, prominent Greek political cartoonist
- Andreas Settele, German politician
- Andreas Arntzen, Norwegian politician
- Andreas Brandstätter, German diplomat
- Andreas Linger, Austrian retired luger
- Andreas Zelinka, served as the mayor of Vienna
- Andreas Pevernage, Flemish composer of the late Renaissance
- Andreas Krieger,
- Andreas Gjersøe, Norwegian sprint canoer
- Andreas Wistuba, German taxonomist and botanist specialising
- Andreas Ihle, German sprint canoer who has competed since 1997
- Andreas Vesalius, 16th-century Flemish anatomist, physician
- Andreas Sigismund Marggraf, German chemist
- Andreas Laurentii Björnram, which he called himself
- Andreas Floer, German mathematician
- Andreas Baader, was one of the first leaders of the West German left-wing militant organization Red Army Faction
- Andreas Papandreou, Greek economist
- Andreas Katsulas, American actor
- Andreas Whittam Smith, English financial journalist
Lists having Andreas
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Welsh Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with And
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2002)
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (2008)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2006)
- Popular Boy Names in Norway (2008)
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Warrior
- Baby Names that mean Manly