Andra meaning and origin
Notably used in German, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Icelandic, Swedish and English darling, Andra is used as a unisex name, meaning of Andra is "The Brave, The Manly, Other, Protector or Second One" came from Old Greek, Scottish and French. Andra is a variation of cherished, perennial and biblical Andrea. Andrea is variant form of Andrietta. Andrea is feminine variant of Andreas. Andrea is Spanish and English cognate of Alexandria. Also Andrea is form of Andreas in Italian language. Trendy Andrea's origin is Old Greek, meaning of Andrea is "Beautiful and Dared and Man Ones". Andra is a variant of ever lasting and biblical Andrew. Also Andrew is English cognate of Andreas. Andrew means Masculine, Brave and Manly and Strong is rooted from Old Greek. Andra is a diminutive of Alexandra. Alexandra is effeminate variant of Alexander. Well-Liked Alexandra came from Old Greek, meaning of Alexandra is "To Defend, Helper and Defender of Mankind and Protector". Andra is a feminine variant of Andri. Andri is form of Andríður in Icelandic language. Famed Andri came from Old Norse, Latin and Old Greek, meaning of Andri is "Heinrich".
Variants of AndraNames that rhyme with Andra
Popularity of Andra
A common name in United States having over 8070 recievers in 159 years of usage. At present the name is rising, in 1966, the moniker grabbed the 741st spot and 180 baby boys were given the name. Andra is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 1998 and peaked in 2017 when it ranked 1371st. There are over 149 babies that have been given the name Andra in England and Wales. In Ireland, first appeared in 2012 and is still in use. Also, it is uncommon in France, where it has been in use since 2007 and peaked in 2016 when it ranked 1747th. There are over 104 babies that have been given the name Andra in France. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and peaked in 2017 when it ranked 764th.
Andra is a rare baby name in Belgium where it is still in use. But Andra is a popular baby name in Romania where every 1 in 700 have the name as well as in Indonesia. At least, 50000 people globally have carried Andra as their given name according to our research.
Andra in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Andra?
You think a lot and it makes you sick sometimes. Appreciate yourself and your partner more. Otherwise, you'll end up alone. You have a sharp focus and highly developed sense of intuition. Your happiness and well-being, as well as the happiness and health of the ones you love, are the things you care about. You love people with an attitude but open to discussion and hearing new opinions. You are an adventurer who follows his intuition.
Do you like Andra? You would love these names
- Timmy - Admired Timmy is originated from Old Greek, Timmy means "Honoring God, Form of Timothy or One who Honors God", used majorly in Danish and Telugu is given to both sexes
- Helenann means A Lady Attending on Imogen and Sun Ray is mainly used in English has its origin in Old Greek is a baby girl name. Helenann is derivative of Helen.
- Kleophea - Girl name Kleophea is mostly used in Greek and German has its origin in Old Greek, meaning of Kleophea is "Glory of the Father or To Promote Days"
- Stefany - Unconventional girl name Stefany means "The Crowned or The Crowned" used particulary in English and Portuguese is originated from Old Greek
- Jörn - Boy name Jörn means "Farmer, Bauer or Earthworker" has its roots in Old Greek language is used in Danish and German
Namesakes of Andra
- Andra Davis, He played college football for the University of Florida and was drafted by the Cleveland Browns
- Andra Martin, American actress
- Andra Franklin, American football player
- Andra and The BackBone, rock band
- Andra Akers in movie Desert Hearts as Actress
- In 1987, Andra St. Ivanyi portrayed the role of Alex Wallace in horror movie The Outing.
Lists having Andra
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -ndra
- Boy names that starts with And
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Manly
- Baby Names that mean Protector
- Baby Names that mean Second
- Baby Names that mean One