Avis name meaning
On This Page
What does Avis mean?
Origin of Frequently Used and Conifer Avis is in Germanic, meaning of Avis is "Bird or Believed to have been Introduced During the Norman Conquest" and is predominantly used in English is used for both boys and girls.
Avis is a form of venerable, customary and biblical Ava. Ava is an effeminate variant of Ave. Origin of Darling and Ceaseless Ava is in Germanic, Hebrew and Persian, meaning of Ava is "Satellite Communication and Living".
How do I pronounce Avis?
The two syllabled name Avis is commonly pronounced as a-vis.
Variants of AvisNames that rhyme with Avis
How popular is the name Avis?
Avis is common in United States where over 17948 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. When at the peak of its usage in 1912, the moniker grabbed the 238th spot and 438 baby girls were given the name.
In addition to that, the name has been in Avis is a common name in England and Jamaica while somewhat familiar name in Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Bangladesh, Indonesia, India, Malawi, Ghana, Colombia, Turkey, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Wales, Hong Kong and Zimbabwe.
At least, 20000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
What numerology tells about Avis?
You are passionate when it comes to relationships but cool off too easily. You lack self-confidence and self-reliance. You are scared of failure and getting hurt by the people you love. You are always open to experience something new. You are the innovator, the one who organizes parties or sleepovers, and the initiator for doing unusual stuff. Your great sense of humor makes you attractive in other people's eyes.
Looking for names similar to Avis? Please go through the following names
- Casper means Treasure Bearer, Keeper of the Treasurer or Treasurer is a boy name, used notably in Danish and Scandinavian is originated from Old Persian. On list of baby boy names, popular Casper captured 481st position in 1899 in United States
- Chandler - The widely accepted unisex name Chandler means "Candle Seller, Maker of Candles or Candle-maker" which is substantially used in English has origin in Old French
- Trista - Of Celtic origin, Well-Liked Trista means "Tumult or Riot", a gender insensitive name is substantially used in English and English
- Lenard - Lofty and Perpetual Lenard came from Germanic and Old High German languages bestowed upon both sexes, used predominantly in English and German, meaning of Lenard is "Hardy or Lion"
- Leora means Light is originated from Old Greek, Hebrew and Old Provençal, used predominantly in Bengali, Hindi and Kannada is given to both genders
Sibling Names for Avis
If you have chosen the name Avis for your baby girl, then you might be looking for some sibling names that complement it perfectly. Here is a list of unique and beautiful names you can consider for your second or third child.
Sister for Avis
Brother to Avis
Famous people named Avis
- Avis Gray, politician in Manitoba, Canada
- Avis Favaro, is Canada's longest serving on air medical correspondent - now with CTV National News since 1992
- Avis M. Dry, clinical psychologist and an author on the psychology of Carl Jung
- Avis Kimble, American model
- Avis Bunnage, English actress of film, stage and television
- Avis McCarther, from 1975 drama, horror film Lord Shango, who portrayed Billie.
- In 1951 drama film, To Have and to Hold, Avis Scott characterized June.
Lists having Avis
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Bird
- Baby Names that mean Desired