Adaline name meaning
On This Page
What does Adaline mean?
Of English and Germanic origin, Trendy and Venerable Adaline is a girl name. Adaline is form of enduring and mainstream Adeline. Adeline is variant of AdeleAdelina. Adeline is English and French cognate of Adela.
Also Adeline is English form of Adelaide. Meaning of Adeline is Kind, Brightness and Nobility has its origin in Old High German and Germanic. Also. Adaline is form of widely accepted and perpetual Adelaide.
Adelaide is a variant form of preeminent and perennial Adela. Adelaide is French form of Adelheid. Also Adelaide is Nordic form of Adélaïde. Also. Adaline is form of trendy and all time favorite Adela.
Adela is short form of names with "nobility". Adela is equivalent of Adele in Italian language. Also Adela is equivalent of Names Containing the Name Element Adal in German language.
How Adaline is perceived as a baby name?
Adaline is a beautiful baby girl name with a rich German origin. It's meaning "noble" makes it an excellent choice for parents who want to give their newborn daughter a name with sophistication and elegance.
One of the great things about Adaline is that it's both classic and contemporary, meaning it can suit any era or trend. Additionally, the name has a pleasant sound that rolls off the tongue effortlessly.
It also offers several different possible nicknames, such as Addie or Ada, that your child can use as they grow up. Overall, Adaline is an excellent choice for parents looking for something refined and timeless but also versatile and modern at the same time.
How do I pronounce Adaline?
The two syllabled name Adaline is commonly pronounced as add-ah-lin. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., add-ah-line, ay-dah-line, a-dali-ne or ad(a)-line.
Variants of Adaline
Adaleen, Adela, Adelaide, Adeline, Adele, Adalaide, Adelise, Adalie, Adell, Adalheidis, Adaliz, Adelais, Adelheid, Adélaïde, Adalayde, Alline, Aleit, Eline, Adelice, Adalene, Edeline, Adelene, Adaleine, Adéle, Udele, Adaleide, Adalida, Adalye, Adalia, Addell, Aidaliz, Adaleiz, Adalheid, Lettie, Aleida, Adalhaid, Allynn, Aileen, Alana, Alina, Aline, Eleine, Ellen, Elina, Eleonore, Alice, Adaliene, Edelyn, Edith
Nicknames for Adaline
There are plenty of nicknames to go along with Adaline. Some of those include:
Middle Names for Adaline
Kimberlee, Elna, Enia, view more middle names that goes with AdalineNames that rhyme with Adaline
How popular is the name Adaline?
Adaline was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 9510 babies have been given the name. When at its peak in 2016, 1873 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 171st position.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 130 years but still dominating the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 11 times
Adaline is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 600 names.
Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 545 on girl names chart when 76 babies were named Adaline. There are over 204 babies that have been given the name Adaline in England and Wales.
Also, in France, in just 6 years, it has made it to the top 700 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 656 on girl names chart when 76 babies were named Adaline.
There are over 236 babies that have been given the name Adaline in France.
Adaline is a rare baby name in Ireland still in use today. Also, Adaline is a familiar name in Nigeria.
As per our findings, over 9000 people has been named Adaline globally.
What numbers say about Adaline?
You are stubborn and self-motivated. You are undoubtedly a born leader. You always have the best ideas and persistence to realize each and one of them at work. You are a walking motivation and inspire people to take control over their lives and make the best of themselves. You love people with an attitude but open to discussion and hearing new opinions. When it comes to life goals, you dream big, meaning you are ambitious and self-confident.
Other names liked by soon-to-be-parents that are similar to Adaline
- Angelo - The famous and perennial unisex name Angelo is used in Danish, Italian and English, Angelo means "Angel or Messenger of God" came from Old Greek. Acclaimed Angelo ranked at 330 position in 2018 on baby boy chart in United States
- Susanna - Frequently Used and Ever lasting girl name Susanna means "True Beauty, From Σουσαννα, a Greek Form of the Hebrew Name,ׁוֹשַׁנָּה or Rose" which originated from Hebrew is used predominantly in Tamil and Italian
- Raymon - Acclaimed and Perpetual boy name Raymon means "Decision Protector and Advice" is originated from Germanic. Raymon is resultant of Raymond.
- Tomas - Outstanding and Ever lasting unisex name Tomas means "Gemini or A Form of Thomas" and is used specifically in Slavic, Portuguese and German is of Aramaic and Hebrew origin
- Vinnie - Well-Liked and Ever lasting unisex name Vinnie means "Hairless, Women of Rome or Conqueror" has its roots in Latin is dominantly used in English and Norwegian
Sibling Names for Adaline
Adaline is a beautiful name, and many parents are looking for sibling names to match. Here are some ideas to help you choose the perfect name for your little one.
Sister to Adaline
Brother for Adaline
Famous people named Adaline
- Adaline Frye acted in movie Under Arrest
Lists having Adaline
- Girl names beginning with A
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -line
- Girl names that starts with Ada
- Baby Names that mean Nobility
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean Small
- Baby Names that mean Winged
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Honorable
- Baby Names that mean Love
- Baby Names that mean Fight
- Baby Names that mean Brightness
- Baby Names that mean Sweet