Ava name meaning
On This Page
What does Ava mean?
The famous and perennial unisex name Ava is used in Norwegian, Finnish, Tamil, Arabic, Danish, German, English, Sanskrit, Icelandic, Swedish and Iranian, rooted from Germanic, Hebrew, Persian and Latin, Ava means "Voice, Call, Satellite Communication, Alive, Living, The Enlivening, Power or The Word Avis with the Meaning Bird".
Ava is effeminate version of Ave. Ave is variant form of Averill. Ave is masculine variant of [Ava. Noteworthy and Ceaseless Ave's origin is Latin and Old English, meaning of Ave is "Hail, Be Well".
The name is celebrated on April 29.
How is Ava regarded as a baby name?
Ava is a popular name for baby girls in many parts of the world. It is of Latin origin, meaning "bird," and suggests a sense of freedom, joy, and beauty.
It is associated with abundance as well as life and voice - something that speaks to parents looking to give their daughter a beautiful name. Additionally, the sound of it is sweet and timeless which makes it ideal for any baby girl.
Furthermore, with its multi-cultural sound and meaning, Ava can fit into almost any culture or faith tradition making it an incredibly versatile choice when naming one's child.
How do I pronounce Ava?
AY-va is the most common way to pronounce one syllabled Ava with emphasis on first AY syllable. It can also be pronounced as ay-vah or a-va.
Variants of Ava
Nicknames for Ava
Name Ava is already a short name but there are some nicknames to go along with it:Names that rhyme with Ava
How popular is the name Ava?
Ava was among the n extremely popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 265875 babies have been given the given name. At its zenith in 2016, the moniker grabbed the 3rd spot and 18046 baby girls were given the name.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 158 years. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 13 times Also, Ava was a popular name in England and Wales.
Over 40207 babies have been given the moniker in 23 years. When at its peak in 2018, 3779 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 3rd position. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts.
In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 5 times
A common name in France with over 4356 new-borns have been given the name since 1990.
Presently peaking at the charts, it ranked 122nd when 492 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. But Ava is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 80000 have the name.
At least, 310000 people globally have carried Ava as their given name according to our findings.
Ava in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Ava
Having this letter as your capstone reveals your self-consumption and self-absorption. You have the heart of a warrior. You are secretive when it comes to your dreams and goals because you believe that the fewer people know about your ideas and happiness, the longer you will stay happy and motivated. You live for the things that matter like friendship, kindness, cruelty-free world, and dreams. You are a stubborn person who's ready for a change.
Other names similar to Ava
- Firas - The odd boy name Firas is rooted from Arabic, Firas means "Perspicacious or Knight" is substantially used in Sindhi and Arabic
- Haroun - The uncommon boy name Haroun is originated from Hebrew, used commonly in Finnish, Danish and Swedish languages, Haroun means "High Mountain, He Who Comes After or On High"
- Abdulrahman came from Arabic is a baby boy name, meaning of Abdulrahman is "Servant of the Most Gracious or Servant of the Mercifully Gracious" is used specifically in Finnish and Arabic
- Sadi - Atypical Sadi principally is used in Arabic and Arabic aimed at both boys and girls that originated from Arabic, meaning of Sadi is "Marriage of Good Girl or Doomed to Happiness"
- Ananda - The infrequent unisex name Ananda means "Full of Joy, Joy or Bliss" is of Sanskrit origin is especially used in Gujarati, Hindi and Assamese
Middle names for Ava
Here are some celebrated and familiar middle names we think go great with Ava, we've got you covered with these celebrated and familiar middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Ava.
Sibling Names for Ava
If you have chosen the name Ava for your little bundle of joy, congratulations! Now, it's time to find the perfect sibling names that complement Ava's beauty and uniqueness. Here are some great options to consider for your growing family.
For a sister
For a brother
Famous people named Ava
- Ava, first named female writer in any genre
- Ava Shamban, American dermatologist
- Ava Gardner, American actress and singer
- Ava Fabian, American model and actress
- Ava Barber, American country music singer and performer
- Ava Inferi, The debut album, 'Burdens'
- Ava Lowery, American peace activist and documentary filmmaker
- Ava Cadell, former actress, writer
- Ava Lowle Willing, American socialite
- Ava Marteens in Episode dated 28 September 2007 as
- Ava DeMary in Adventures in Lalaloopsy Land: The Search for Pillow as Actress
- Ava Courcelles in 40 Ans, Marieé Mais Libertine as Actress
- Ava Belew portrayed central character of N in 2014 drama movie Marked Hands.
Lists having Ava
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Persian Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ava
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Voice
- Baby Names that mean Alive
- Baby Names that mean Living
- Baby Names that mean Enlivening
- Baby Names that mean Power
- Baby Names that mean Bird