Aldous name meaning
On This Page
What does Aldous mean?
Principally used in German and English unusual, Aldous means "Old, Wise, Variant of the German Aldo, Noble or Old Out of the House" that originated from Old English, Germanic and German is a baby boy name .
Aldous is a variant of prevalent Aldo. Aldo is a diminutive of names with "needle". Aldo is equivalent of Aldous in German and Portuguese languages. Also Aldo is Swedish equivalent of Aldor.
Meaning of Aldo is Noble and Of has origin in Old High German and Germanic.. The name is celebrated on April 26th.
How do I pronounce Aldous?
The one syllabled name Aldous is pronounced, AL-duss. The pronunciation choose to emphasis on first AL syllable. The other ways to say the name are a-ldous or al-dous.
Variants of Aldous
How popular is the name Aldous?
Aldous is an uncommon baby name in United States still in use today. Also, Aldous is a familiar name in Philippines. At least, 900 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
What numbers say about Aldous?
You always act like everything's just great. Your creativity allows you to express your emotions. You want to be surrounded with self-confident people who choose to work on success over complaining, talking about great things over gossiping, and solitude over you sometimes. You are an adventurer who follows his intuition. You are a child of change. Your happiness and well-being, as well as the happiness and health of the ones you love, are the things you care about.
Do you like Aldous? You would love these names
- Landelin - Meaning of Landelin is Country or Sweet is of German origin
- Gerri - Preeminent Gerri principally is used in Danish, Finnish and English, meaning of Gerri is "Spear Ruler or Brave with the Spear" that originated from Germanic is a gender-neutral name
- Gerdine - Meaning of Gerdine is Spear, Hard or Fence is a baby girl name. It is rooted from Germanic is used prevalently in Frisian
- Bertinat - The Bertinat means "Illustrious or Brilliant" is originated from German
- Adelmut came from Old High German, meaning of Adelmut is "Of Noble Mind"
Sibling Names for Aldous
Looking for some inspiration to name your new baby Aldous? Why not consider naming their siblings names that complement Aldous beautifully? Here are some unique and meaningful sibling names that would perfectly match with Aldous!
Sister for Aldous
For a brother
Famous people named Aldous
- Aldous Huxley, English writer, novelist, philosopher
- Aldous Davidson in The Dark Knight Rises as Actor
Lists having Aldous
- Boy names beginning with A
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- German Boy Names
- Boy names that ends with -ous
- Baby Names that mean Old
- Baby Names that mean Wise
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean House