Avraham meaning and origin
Avraham is Hebrew cognate of Abraham.
Variants of Avraham
View middle names that goes with Avraham like Iane, Morten, Zeon, Wes, Colonel, Ofid,Names that rhyme with Avraham
Popularity of Avraham
Avraham is a common name in United States given to over 3597 babies in 59 years. Currently the name is hotter than ever, the moniker grabbed the 1141st spot and 167 baby boys were given the name. Avraham is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 21 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 118 people have been named Avraham in England and Wales. During its 29 years of usage in France, it had made up to just the top 2000 boy names. Over 161 people have been named Avraham in France.
But Avraham is a popular baby name in Israel where every 1 in 200 have the name. At least, 80000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
What numerology tells about Avraham?
Your failures motivate you. You have the ability to see inside people's soul and find out what they want. You are talkative only with people who have something smart to say. You are still fragile as a human being and care deeply about people. Sometimes, you act selfishly. You are radiant and people find it comfortable around you. You are often taken as crazy because of your fearlessness and courageous acts you take to achieve your aspirations.
Do you like Avraham? Other names you would love
- Janice - Prevalently used in English persistent and eminent, Janice is used as a unisex name has its roots in Hebrew, meaning of Janice is "Yahweh is Gracious, God is Merciful or God's Gracious Gift". In 1991, lofty Janice was the 492nd most popular name on baby girl chart in United States
- Ezera means Help is notably used in Hawaiian which is rooted from Hebrew is aimed at baby boys. Ezera is derivative of Ezer.
- Avram - The odd boy name Avram is used dominantly in Greek, Slavic and Romanian. It is rooted from Hebrew, Avram means "Exalted Father, He who is High is Father and High Father". Avram is derived from Abram.
- Messias - Far-out and Fresh boy name Messias is originated from Hebrew used primarily in German language, meaning of Messias is "The Anointed"
- Abhy - The girl name Abhy has origin in Hebrew which is specifically used in Tamil language, Abhy means "Head of a Monastery and My Father Rejoices". Abhy is derived from Abigail.
Namesakes of Avraham
- Avraham Danzig, Posek and codifier
- Avraham Tehomi, Jewish militant who served as a Haganah commander
- Avraham Ben-Yitzhak, Israeli Hebrew poet
- Avraham Gombiner, rabbi, Talmudist and a leading religious authority
- Avraham Elimelech Firer, Israeli rabbi
- Avraham Rivkind, Israeli physician and surgeon
- Avraham Yitzchak Bloch, Chief Rabbi and Rosh Yeshiva of the Telz Yeshiva
- Avraham Brandwein, great Israeli Kabbalah scholar and was a direct descendant of the famous first 'Admor' of Stretin
- Avraham Yaakov Finkel, noted author of English Judaica literature
- Avraham Aharon Price, world-renowned Torah scholar, writer, educator
- Avraham Goldberg, Israeli talmud scholar
- Avraham Toledano, Israeli politician
- Avraham Adan, (, 5 October 1926
- Avraham Mordechai Alter, fourth Rebbe of the Hasidic dynasty of Ger
- Avraham Shlonsky, significant and dynamic Israeli poet and editor
- Avraham Yoffe, Israeli general during the Six-Day War
- Avraham Fried, popular musical entertainer
- Avraham Shapira, prominent rabbi in the Religious Zionist world
- Avraham Burg, member of the Knesset
- Avraham Even-Shoshan, Russian-born Hebrew linguist and lexicographer
- Avraham Harman, Israeli diplomat and academic administrator
- Avraham Shochat, Israeli former politician
- Avraham Hirschson, former Israeli politician
- Avraham Gileadi, Hebrew scholar and literary analyst specializing
- Avraham Yaakov Pam, rosh yeshiva of Yeshiva Torah Vodaas in Brooklyn
- Avraham Yehoshua Heshel, was
- Avraham Oz, Israeli associate professor of Theatre and Hebrew and Comparative literature at the University of Haifa, a translator of plays
- Avraham Menchel, former Israeli footballer
- Avraham Eliezer Alperstein, Orthodox Rabbi, Rosh yeshiva, publisher
- Avraham Ofek, Israeli sculptor, muralist, painter and printmaker
- Avraham Granot, Zionist activist
- Avraham Chaim Naeh, Lubavitcher chassid and major 'posek' active during the first half of twentieth century
- Avraham Karpick, cinematographer,actor
- Avraham Abramov, cinematographer
- Avraham Asiyo is well-known for his acting in movie Doomsday
- Avraham Bar-Orion, from 2008 drama flick Ahavot VeShekarim, who played the Rahamim.