Abraham name meaning
On This Page
What does Abraham mean?
Customary and Perennial unisex name Abraham is used commonly in Hindi, German, Arabic, Greenlandic, Old Norse, English, Hebrew, Faroese, Finnish, Danish, Icelandic, Dutch, Swedish and Norwegian, Abraham means "Faultless or Father of a Multitude and Many Nations" is originated from Hebrew.
Abraham is variant of Avraham. Avraham is Hebrew cognate of Abraham. Abraham is Latin cognate of The Hebrew Name אַבְרָהָם Meaning Father of a Multitude  . The name is celebrated on December 20th.
How about the name Abraham for a baby?
Abraham is a popular name for baby boys because of its strong and powerful association with the biblical patriarch who was considered the father of nations.
Its Hebrew origin and meaning, "Father of multitudes," give it a sense of authority and significance, making it an excellent choice for parents looking for a timeless and meaningful name for their child.
Additionally, Abraham has a classic sound that is both traditional and modern, making it adaptable to different cultures and languages. Overall, the name Abraham has many qualities that make it stand out as an exceptional choice for parents seeking a unique and memorable name for their baby boy.
How do I pronounce Abraham?
The two syllabled name Abraham is pronounced, a-bra-ham. The other ways to say the name is ab-raham.
Variants of AbrahamNames that rhyme with Abraham
How popular is the name Abraham?
a popular name in United States with over 91156 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. At the peak of its usage in 1911, the moniker grabbed the 124th spot and 2559 baby boys were given the name.
Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names an amazing 139 times A common name in Spain having over 1210 recievers in 4 years of usage. When at the peak of its usage in 2014, the moniker grabbed the 94th spot and 440 baby boys were given the name.
Abraham is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 374 on boy names chart when 91 babies were given the name Abraham.
There are over 1445 babies that have been given the name Abraham in England and Wales. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1900 and was able to reach the top 300 names.
In 1905, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 255 on boy names chart when 74 babies were given the name Abraham. Over 2352 people have been named Abraham in France.
Abraham is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 500 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 417 on boy names chart when 36 babies were named Abraham.
There are over 150 babies that have been given the name Abraham in Netherlands. Abraham is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, its highest ever rank is 313 (2002) in its 17 years run on Ireland naming chart.
During its 20 years of usage in Switzerland, it had made up to just the top 800 boy names. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and peaked in 2000 when it ranked 718th.
Over 138 people have been named Abraham in Belgium.
However things change on global perspective, Abraham is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 1000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Nigeria, Eritrea, Ethiopia, India, South Africa, South Sudan, Kenya, Ghana, Liberia, Philippines, Sudan, DR Congo, Zambia, Uganda, Peru, Indonesia, Cameroon, Chad, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Chile, Sierra Leone, Colombia, Guatemala, Malawi, Venezuela, Bolivia, Argentina, Guinea and Burundi.
At least, 1110000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Abraham in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Abraham?
You have to stay as you are – determined and self-confident to realize your goals. You are mentally strong, self-confident but lack understanding for people's feelings. Once you distance yourself from everything you know inspiration will walk into your life again. Don't judge someone the moment you meet the person but give people time to prove their value. You are passionate when it comes to relationships but cool off too easily.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Abraham
- Sadat - Anomalous Sadat commonly is used in Arabic and Arabic, meaning of Sadat is "Honor or Gentleman" is given to both sexes
- Shaline - Meaning of Shaline is Modest or Praiseworthy is primarily used in Marathi and Tamil which originated from English-American is aimed at both genders
- Samreen - Samreen's meaning is A Lovely Quite Girl is a girl name is used in Tamil and Bengali
- Rona means Friend or Fame is especially used in Hebrew and Arabic and is given to baby girls is originated from Old English and Scottish
- Sameera - Infrequent unisex name Sameera means "Entertaining Companion or Fair Lady" that originated from Arabic is used especially in Kannada and Telugu
Sibling Names for Abraham
Welcome to the list of sibling names for baby name "Abraham". It is always a great joy for parents to welcome their new addition to the family. Here we have gathered some carefully chosen names that would perfectly match with Abraham, so let's take a look!
Names for Abraham's sister
Brother for Abraham
Famous people named Abraham
- Abraham ibn Ezra, was one of the most distinguished Jewish biblical commentators and philosophers of the Middle Ages
- Abraham Raimbach, English line-engraver of Swiss descent
- Abraham Hayward, English man of letters
- Abraham ibn Daud, Spanish-Jewish astronomer, historian
- Abraham Fraunce, English poet
- Abraham Kuyper, Prime Minister
- Abraham Cowley, English poet
- Abraham Kuenen, Dutch Protestant theologian
- Abraham Bosse,
- Abraham Langlet, Swedish chemist
- Abraham Yakin, Israeli artist
- Abraham Leon, Belgian Jewish Trotskyist party leader and theorist
- Abraham Elzevir, Dutch printer
- Abraham Z. Joffe, was Professor of Mycology and Mycotoxicology at the Hebrew University
- Abraham the Great of Kashkar, father of the Assyrian monastic revival
- Abraham González, provisional and constitutional governor of the Mexican state of Chihuahua during the early period of the Mexican Revolution
- Abraham Lubelski, American contemporary artist and founder of NYArts Magazine
- Abraham O. Woodruff, member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Abraham Somes, primary founder of English settlements on the scenic Mount Desert Island
- Abraham Mapu, Lithuanian Jewish novelist
- Abraham Tucker, English country gentleman
- Abraham Mignon, Dutch golden age painter
- Abraham Janssens, Flemish painter,
- Abraham Rees, Welsh nonconformist minister
- Abraham Sharp, English mathematician and astronomer
- Abraham van Diepenbeeck, erudite and accomplished Dutch painter of the Flemish School
- Abraham Calovius, Lutheran theologian
- Abraham ben David, Provençal rabbi, a great commentator on the Talmud
- Abraham Sutzkever, acclaimed Yiddish poet
- Abraham Firkovich, famous Karaite writer and archeologist
- Abraham Watkins Venable, nineteenth-century US politician and lawyer
- Abraham Harkavy, from the 1906 Jewish Encyclopedia
- Abraham H. Cannon, member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Abraham Blauvelt, Dutch privateer
- Abraham Robinson, mathematician
- Abraham de Moivre, French mathematician
- Abraham Pineo Gesner, Canadian physician and geologist
- Abraham Maslow, American psychologist
- Abraham Pais, Dutch-born American physicist and science historian
- Abraham Gottlob Werner, German geologist
- Abraham Sinkov, US cryptanalyst
- Abraham Fraenkel, German mathematician
- Abraham bar Hiyya, Abraham ben Chiva, Abraham ben Chaja
- Abraham Gotthelf Kästner, German mathematician and epigrammatist
- Abraham Trembley, Genevan naturalist
- Abraham Robertson, Scottish mathematician and astronomer
- Abraham Wald, Hungarian mathematician
- Abraham a Sancta Clara, German divine, was born at Kreenheinstetten
- Abraham Flexner, American educator
- Abraham Angermannus, fourth Lutheran Archbishop of Uppsala
- Abraham Lincoln, American lawyer and politician
- Abraham Joshua Heschel, Polish-born American rabbi and one of the leading Jewish theologians and Jewish philosophers of the 20th century
- Abraham Pierson, first rector, from 1701 to 1707
- Abraham Beame, As mayor
- Abraham in Islam, known as Abraham in the Hebrew Bible
- Abraham Ortelius, Brabantian cartographer and geographer
- Abraham Isaac Kook, Orthodox rabbi, the first Ashkenazi chief rabbi of British Mandatory Palestine, the founder of Yeshiva Mercaz HaRav Kook, a Jewish thinker
- Abraham Fischer, South African statesman
- Abraham Clark, American politician and Revolutionary War figure
- Abraham Colles, was professor of anatomy
- Abraham Zapruder, Ukrainian-born American clothing manufacturer
- Abraham Whipple, American Revolutionary War commander
- Abraham Abulafia, founder of the school of "Prophetic Kabbalah"
- Abraham Baldwin, American minister, Patriot, politician
- Abraham Osheroff, American social activist, carpenter, war veteran
- Abraham Cahan, Belarusian-born Jewish American socialist newspaper editor
Lists having Abraham
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Father
- Baby Names that mean Multitude
- Baby Names that mean Nations
- Baby Names that mean Amount