Daina meaning and origin
Daina means From Denmark or Similar to Daniel has origin in Old English and is substantially used in Kannada, Tamil, Gujarati, Telugu, Hindi, English, Bengali, Oriya, Malayalam and Marathi is used as a unisex name . Daina is variant form of celestial, frequently used and eternal Dana. Dana is variant form of Names Beginning with Dan-. Also Dana is variant form of Names Ending with -Dana. Dana is a short form of Daniellenames with "Dan". Also Dana is diminutive of Yordana. Dana is an effeminate variant of Danr. Also Dana is feminine of Dan. Dana's meaning is Intelligent and Another Name for God is originated from Hebrew and Old English.
Variants of Daina
View middle names that goes with Daina like Tonia, Jole, Stella, Elouise, Tressie, Virginia,Names that rhyme with Daina
Popularity of Daina
Daina is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1924 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1964, it ranked 1172nd when 88 girl were named Daina. Over 2462 babies in United States have been named Daina. The given name is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 1996, peaked in 1997 when it ranked 1365th. In France, it has been in use since 1970 but could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 271 babies that have been given the name Daina in France.
Daina is a rare baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. But Daina is a popular baby name in Zimbabwe where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in Latvia. At least, 50000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Daina in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Daina?
You have a sharp focus and highly developed sense of intuition. You are an intuitive person who sees through people and their intentions, which can be irritating sometimes. You have the heart of a warrior. Some would say that you are cold-hearted and insensitive but the truth is that you are the most sensitive person. When it comes to love, you can't stand a monogamous relationship. You never get too obsessed with a person because you know that everything in life is temporary, especially relationships.
Looking for a name like Daina? Please go through the following names
- Kapono means Righteous One is bestowed upon baby boys
- Tatam - Girl name Tatam means "Other Cheering and Light Hearted" has origin in Old English. Tatam is derived from Tatum.
- Daizy - Infrequent girl name Daizy means "Flower, Girl or Eye of the Day" and of Old English origin is used particulary in Sikh and English
- Neddie - Originated from Old English, Unwonted Neddie means "Wealthy Defender or Born on Sunday" and is used majorly in English and English is a gender insensitive name
- Hoopyr - Boy name Hoopyr is of English origin, Hoopyr means "One who Makes Hoops for Barrels". Hoopyr is a derivation of Hooper.
Namesakes of Daina
- Daina Taimina, Latvian mathematician
- Daina Gudzinevičiūtė, Olympic shooting champion
- Daina House, former model and actress
- Daina Daigle in Looper as Make-Up Department
- Daina Gozan in For One Night as Actress
- Daina Reid in I Love You Too as Actress
- Daina Barbeau in A Fighting Man as Actress
- Daina Griffith in The Dark Knight Rises as Actor
- Actor Daina Valiulis, well-known for movie Unhappy Happy