Avril name meaning
What does Avril mean?
Avril's meaning is To Open, French Version of April or Opening Buds of Spring is substantially used in English and is used for both sexes has origin in Old English, French and English. Avril is variant form of persistent Averil. Averil is variation of Averill. Origin of Unconventional Averil is in Old English language, meaning of Averil is "Wild Boar and Born in April" is used largely in English.
How do I pronounce Avril?
The two syllabled name Avril is pronounced, a-vril. The name can also be pronounced as av-ril.
Variants of Avril
Averilla, Averil, Averill, Averhilda, Ave
How popular is the name Avril?
Avril is common in United States where over 2706 new-borns have been given the name since 1919. At its zenith in 2007, it ranked 1498th when 155 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Avril is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1977, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 101 on girl names chart when 78 babies were given the name Avril. Over 1912 people have been named Avril in Ireland. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1901 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1917, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 598 on boy names chart when 52 babies were named Avril. Over 713 babies in France have been named Avril.
Avril is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 23 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 227 people have been named Avril in England and Wales. Avril is a rare baby name in Belgium where it is still in use. But Avril is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 5000 have the name as well as in South Africa. As per our evaluation, over 30000 people has been named Avril globally.
Avril in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Avril
You often doubt your skills and abilities because of people who tell you that you are not good enough. There isn't a person you can't charm. You need to open up and allow your closest ones to enter your real world. You have a sharp mind and focus. It takes a long time for someone to gain a special place in your heart. You don't depend on anyone's understanding and support. You work hard so you can reach some level of financial stability.
Looking for names similar to Avril? Please go through the following names
- Truitestall - English name Truitestall is used in English used as a baby boy name, meaning of Truitestall is "From the Beloved One's Farm"
- Shorty means A Man who is Small In Stature is principally used in English and a gender-neutral name has its origin in English-American
- Woodson - Famed and Perennial boy name Woodson is used dominantly in English. It is rooted from Old English, Woodson means "From the Woods"
- Band - Boy name Band means "Broom Covered Hill" is used chiefly in English
- Bobinette - Bobinettes origin is Germanic, meaning of Bobinette is "Bright Fame" which is dominantly used in English is used as a baby girl name
Middle names for Avril
We've compiled a list of the mainstream and familiar middle names for Avril below.
View more middle names that goes with Avril.
Sibling Names for Avril
Choosing a perfect name for your little one can be quite challenging, but if you're considering the name "Avril," you're on the right track! To help you decide on a sibling name that pairs well with Avril, we've compiled a list of names that are both unique and beautiful. So without further ado, here are some fantastic sibling names for your baby girl named Avril.
For a sister
Brother to Avril
Famous people named Avril
- Avril Williams, former rugby union wing
- Avril Lavigne, Canadian singer, songwriter, and actress
- Avril Doyle, Irish former Fine Gael politician
- Avril Angers, English stand-up comedienne and actress
- Avril Hoare, news presenter and reporter from Coolock in Dublin
- Avril Phali, South African professional footballer
- Avril Sun in Rocco's POV 17 as Actress
- Avril Clark in The Calculus of Love as Actress
- Avril Mouton in Super Angel as Make-Up Department
- Avril Stewart in Monty Python and the Holy Grail as Actress
- Avril Lund in Penthouse: 25th Anniversary Pet of the Year Spectacular as Actress
- Avril Elgar in Betrayal as Actress
- Avril Hall in Moms Bang Teens as Actress
- Avril Evans directed the tvShort Famous Last Words
Lists having Avril
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Open
- Baby Names that mean Month
- Baby Names that mean Opening
- Baby Names that mean Spring