Jeanne name meaning
On This Page
What does Jeanne mean?
Long standing and Admired Jeanne primarily is used in Swedish, Danish, French, English, Finnish and Norwegian is originated from Hebrew, meaning of Jeanne is "Variant of Jane, The Lord is Gracious, God is Merciful or Yahweh is Gracious" is given to both sexes.
Also Jeanne is equivalent of Jane in French and English languages. Also Jeanne is French and English form of Jean. Also Jeanne is French and English form of Jeanine. The name is celebrated on May 8th or May 30th.
How is Jeanne regarded as a baby name?
Jeanne is a French name which means God is gracious and it is regarded as a baby girl name. It has been passed down through generations and has its origins in the Bible.
The name Jeanne has connotations of being strong yet gentle, noble yet humble and wise beyond her years. It is seen as a symbol of beauty, femininity, grace and innocence. The French version of the name Jeanne is highly regarded as a classic feminine name with several variations such as Jeanette, Giana or Jenelle.
This timeless name can be found on baby girls all over the world because of its beautiful meaning and rich history.
How do I pronounce Jeanne?
Two syllabled Jeanne is pronounced as je(an)-ne.
Variants of Jeanne
Jehanne, Ieuan, Johanan, Evane, Ivane, Janette, Janett, Jane, Janet, Jeannette, Jeanette, Janina, Johanna, Jana, Joannie, Jeannemarie, Jean, Jeanine, Hansi, Jona, Joan, Asia, Jennie, Hanna, Janel, Maryjane, Janelee, John, Johannes, Gean, Ioan, Ionel, Johnna, Jennine, Donajean, Jean-Claude, GeneenNames that rhyme with Jeanne
How popular is the name Jeanne?
Jeanne is a popular name in United States given to over 163341 babies in 185 years. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 1946, it ranked 83rd when 4364 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Moreover, the given name has been to the top 100 baby names 19 times Also, Jeanne was an extremely popular name in France. Over 556028 babies have been given the first name in 130 years.
When at its peak in 1900, the moniker grabbed the 2nd spot and 16736 baby girls were given the name. However after 130 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts.
Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 32 times
Jeanne was a common name in Belgium. Over 2464 babies have been named Jeanne since 1995. At its zenith in 2017,.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 24 years but it is still going strong. Jeanne is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 2006, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 141 on girl names chart when 47 babies were named Jeanne. Over 673 babies in Switzerland have been named Jeanne.
Jeanne is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 3000.
There are over 116 babies that have been given the name Jeanne in England and Wales. In Ireland, it had been in use since 1964 and made it to the top 300 but has appeared since 2005.
Over 117 people have been named Jeanne in Ireland. However things change on global perspective, Jeanne is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 200 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Cameroon, Burundi, Rwanda, Madagascar, Benin, Guinea, Burkina Faso, Brazil, Canada, Haiti, Central African Republic, Chad, Ivory Coast, Ethiopia, Togo, England, Mali, Philippines, Netherlands and South Africa.
At least, 1580000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Jeanne in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Jeanne?
Don't hang out with someone just to hang out with someone. Appreciate your time on this earth. Invest it in the right place. Your soul is suffocated with memories that are hard to forget. Not everyone deserves your attention. You are the most sensitive person is what number 11 reveals about your personality. You wish to live someplace quiet surrounded by nature and animals like the mountains. You dream of spending your last days in a place like this. But for now, focus on today.
Do you like Jeanne? You would love these names
- Lottie - The widespread and evergreen unisex name Lottie is commonly used in German, Swedish and Polish. Its origin is in Old High German and Germanic, Lottie means "Strong or Husband". Trendy Lottie ranked at 444 position in 1945 in baby girl names list in United States
- Tina - Noteworthy and Evergreen unisex name Tina is primarily used in Russian, Faroese and Norwegian which originated from Old Greek, Latin and Germanic, meaning of Tina is "Follower of Christ or Little One"
- Woodrow - Of Old English and English origin, Renowned Woodrow means "The Path through the Woods or Hailing from the Woods Edge" which is used particulary in English is aimed at both genders
- Opal - Used particulary in Gujarati, Sanskrit and Kannada persistent and prevailing, Opal aimed at both boys and girls. Its origin is in English, Opal means "Jewel Names Became Popular in the 19th Century, Gem or The Opal"
- Meghan - The commonly accepted unisex name Meghan means "Strong or Capable, Pearl or Diminutive of Margaret" principally used in Malayalam, Hindi and Marathi came from Old Greek and English
Middle names for Jeanne
Below are attractive and swashbuckling middle names we think go particularly well with Jeanne:
View more middle names that goes with Jeanne.
Famous people named Jeanne
- Jeanne Julia Bartet, a French actress
- Jeanne de Salzmann, daughter of the famous Swiss architect Jules Louis Allemand and of Marie Louise Matignon
- Jeanne Julie Éléonore de Lespinasse, French salon holder and letter writer
- Jeanne Hopkins Lucas, first African-American woman elected to serve
- Jeanne Baret, member of Louis Antoine de Bougainville's expedition on the ships 'La Boudeuse' and 'Étoile'
- Jeanne Hachette,
- Jeanne Kalogridis, writer of historical, science and horror fiction
- Jeanne Phillips, American advice columnist
- Jeanne Zelasko, U.S. journalist and sportscaster
- Jeanne Demessieux, French organist, pianist, composer, and pedagogue
- Jeanne Bowser, daughter of George Bowser
- Jeanne Robert Foster, American poet from the Adirondack Mountains
- Jeanne Safer, American psychoanalyst and psychotherapist
- Jeanne Villepreux-Power, pioneering French marine biologist
- Jeanne Rij-Rousseau, French Cubist painter and an art theoretician
- Jeanne Loriod, French musician
- Jeanne Martinet, a recognized semiotician
- Jeanne Novotny, Dr
- Jeanne Guillemin, mit
- Jeanne de Lestonnac, Roman Catholic saint and foundress of the Sisters of the Company of Mary
- Jeanne Delanoue, saint in the Roman Catholic Church
- Jeanne Chezard de Matel, French mystic
- Jeanne Lee, American jazz singer, poet and composer
- Jeanne Jugan, French woman
- Jeanne Coroller-Danio, Breton nationalist and writer
- Jeanne Jégou-Cadart, French painter
- Jeanne Campbell, British socialite, actress
- Jeanne M. Leiby, American teacher
- Jeanne Glynn, writer
- Jeanne Ferrante, computer scientist active
- Jeanne Sauvé, Canadian journalist, politician, and stateswoman
- Jeanne Eagels, American stage and film actress
- Jeanne Crain, American actress whose career spanned
- Jeanne Mance, French nurse and settler of New France
- Jeanne Shaheen, senior United States Senator from New Hampshire
- Jeanne Calment, French woman
- Jeanne St. Laurent, Jeanne St
- Jeanne Lapauze,
- Jeanne d'Évreux, was Queen of France and Navarre as the third wife of King Charles IV of France
- Jeanne Moreau, French actress, singer, screenwriter and director
- Jeanne Hébuterne, French artist
- Jeanne Guyon, French mystic and was accused of advocating Quietism
- Jeanne Tripplehorn, American actress
- Jeanne Aubert, French singer and actress
- Jeanne de Bourbon, Duchess of Bourbon, daughter of John II
- Jeanne Coyne, American Broadway dancer
- Jeanne Cooper, American actress
- Jeanne Stuart, British stage and film actress
- Jeanne Balibar, French actress and singer
- Jeanne Thérèse du Han, was born and baptized the same day in Lunéville,
- Jeanne Lanvin, French haute couture fashion designer
Lists having Jeanne
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -anne
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1953)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Merciful
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh