June name meaning
On This Page
What does June mean?
Long standing and Well-Known June is used majorly in Finnish, Swedish, Danish, English and Norwegian is of Latin and English origin, June means "Sixth Month of the Year, June or Vital Force" is used as a gender-neutral name .
June is a form of Juno. Juno is variation of Úna. Juno is Finnish equivalent of Jon. Of Celtic and Latin origin, Customary and Venerable Juno, Juno means "Young and June".
June is English equivalent of Junia. Also June is Norwegian equivalent of Juni.
How do I pronounce June?
j(oon) is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled June. The name can also be pronounced as joo-n.
Variants of June
Nicknames for June
The given name June is already a short name, but some possible candidates include:Names that rhyme with June
How popular is the name June?
June is a very popular name in United States given to over 196636 babies in 277 years. At present the name is rising, in 1925, it ranked 39th when 6650 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 14 times In France, June was once a common name since emerging in 1926 it has been given to over 1427 babies.
At the peak of its usage in 2018,. However after 34 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, June was a common name in Spain. Over 220 babies have been named June since 2004.
When at the peak of its usage in 2004,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, A common name in Netherlands with over 457 new-borns have been given the name since 2015.
The name is current favorite of the parents, in 2019, the moniker grabbed the 130th spot and 116 baby girls were given the name. Also, A common name in Belgium having over 858 recievers in 20 years of usage.
At present the name is rising, in 2011, it ranked 86th when 110 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
June is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it had been in use since 1964 and was last seen in 1985, during its 22 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 1964, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 118 on girl names chart when 52 babies were given the name June. Over 694 babies in Ireland have been named June.
The first name is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. Recently in 2018, it ranked 1083rd when 32 girls were named June.
There are over 214 babies that have been given the name June in England and Wales.
June is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland where it has been in use since 1998 and peaked in 2013 when it ranked 472nd.
Over 112 babies in Switzerland have been named June. The first name is a rare baby name in Spain and may not be used now since it isn't seen since 2004.
Over 220 people have been named June in Spain. However things change on global perspective, June is extremely popular in England where every 1 in 600 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Philippines, Canada, Scotland, Kenya, South Africa, Australia, Myanmar, Malaysia and Wales.
At least, 490000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
June in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about June?
You are a carefree and lively creature that's got the love for everyone, even your enemies, although you don't have much of those. You often push yourself to accomplish more than expected when it comes to your career. You always hope things to work out on their own. You often doubt your skills when you see someone more gifted, or better than you. To live the life you want, you have to work hard and put your best effort.
Other names liked by soon-to-be-parents that are similar to June
- Natalina - Rare girl name Natalina has origin in Latin, meaning of Natalina is "Born on Christmas, Born on Christmas or Christmas Babies" is substantially used in Norwegian, German and Italian
- Justus - Originated from Hebrew and Latin, Popular and Conifer Justus means "Upright or Righteous", used chiefly in German and Finnish is a gender insensitive name
- Viktoria - Curious girl name Viktoria is largely used in Russian, English and Icelandic, Viktoria means "Inspired By the Old-Roman Goddess of Victory, The Victor or Victory" is of Latin origin
- Viktorian - Viktorian's meaning is Victor is used majorly in German, a baby boy name is of Latin origin
- Mónica - Mónica's meaning is Warn or Monk has its origin in Latin and is used specifically in Spanish is a girl name
Middle names for June
These familiar and newly-arrived middle names flows beautifully with the baby name June .
View more middle names that goes with June.
Famous people named June
- June Palmer, also known as "June Power", was, along with Pamela Green
- June Westbury, (July 26, 1921
- June Hutton, American actress and vocalist
- June Chadwick, English film and television actress
- June Fletcher, American business and financial writer for 'The Naples Daily News'
- June Anderson, Grammy Award-winning American dramatic coloratura soprano
- June Maston, Australian sprinter and athletics coach
- June Clark, is Professor Emeritus of Community Nursing
- June Gonsalves, radio broadcaster
- June Preston, American former Hollywood child star
- June Ward Gayle, U.S. Representative from Kentucky
- June Jacobs, British Jewish peace activist and a former President of the International Council of Jewish Women
- June Walker, Chairperson of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
- June Lloyd, Baroness Lloyd of Highbury, British paediatrician and, in retirement
- June Bacon-Bercey, international expert on weather and aviation
- June Whitfield, English radio, television and film actress
- June Havoc, Canadian-born American actress, dancer, writer
- June Foray, American voice actress
- June Allyson, American stage, film, and television actress
- June Carter Cash, five time Grammy award winning American singer, songwriter, actress
- June Rowlands, Canadian politician
- June Cleaver, principal character
- June Tripp, British actress
- June and Jennifer Gibbons, were identical twins who grew up in Wales
- June Taylor, American choreographer
- June Lockhart, American actress, primarily
- June Tabor, English folk singer
- June Tyson, singer, violinist
- June of 44, American rock band which was
- June Brown, English actress
- June Callwood, Canadian journalist, author and social activist
- June Jones, American football coach and former player
- June Haver, American film actress, singer, and dancer
- June Marlowe, American film actress
- June Duprez, English film actress
- June Bronhill, in the inland Australian city of Broken Hill
- June Jordan, Caribbean-American poet, essayist, teacher
- June Sarpong, British television broadcaster and former panellist on ITV's 'Loose Women'
- June Vincent, American actress
- June MacCloy, American actress and singer in the 1930s and 1940s
- June Tarpé Mills, one of the first major female comics artists
- June Brigman, American comic book artist and illustrator
- June Lang, American film actress
- June Walker, American stage and film actress
- June McCarroll, nurse with the Southern Pacific Railroad
- June Atkinson, June St
- June Millington, Filipino American guitarist, songwriter, producer
- June Caprice, American silent film actress
- June Miller, much-written-about second wife of Henry Miller
- June Harding, American former actress
- June Gordon, Marchioness of Aberdeen and Temair, professional musician and patron of the Aberdeen International Youth Festival and founder and Musical Director of Haddo House Choral & Operatic Society
Lists having June
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1941)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2017)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1953)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (1933)
- Baby Names that mean Sixth
- Baby Names that mean Month
- Baby Names that mean Force