Roxana name meaning
On This Page
What does Roxana mean?
Roxana means Bright or Dawn is of Old Persian, German, English, Latin and Spanish origin and a gender-neutral name is used majorly in Arabic, Tamil, English, Danish, Spanish, German, Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian.
Roxana is Latin cognate of Ρωξανη, a Greek Form of the Persian Name روشنک = Bright, Shining, Dawn. The name is celebrated on September 7th.
How do I pronounce Roxana?
Two syllabled Roxana is pronounced as rox(a)-na.
Variants of Roxana
Nicknames for Roxana
Potential nickname for the name Roxana include:Names that rhyme with Roxana
How popular is the name Roxana?
In United States, Roxana was once a common name since emerging in 1882 it has been given to over 11345 babies. When at its peak in 1987,. However after 123 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Roxana is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2007, it ranked 1050th when 32 girls were named Roxana.
Over 358 people have been named Roxana in England and Wales.
Roxana is an uncommon baby name in Ireland still in use today. During its 36 years of usage in France, it had made up to just the top 2000 girl names.
Over 328 babies in France have been named Roxana. Also, it appeared first time in 2009 on baby girl names list of Belgium. However things change on global perspective, Roxana is extremely popular in Romania where every 1 in 200 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in Argentina, Peru, Bolivia, Mexico, Chile, El Salvador, Venezuela, Costa Rica, Ecuador and Guatemala. As per our findings, over 440000 babies have been bestowed Roxana around the globe.
Roxana in Nordic countries
What numerology tells about Roxana?
Gaining your trust is a hard thing to accomplish. Having letter A as your capstone in your name represents the independent and carefree life you are living. You thrive for balance and harmony in life but you are never going to make it with fake people causing you stress. You are curious and driven by your wish to invent new things and solutions. You are the most important person in your life and to you, no one else matters.
Do you like Roxana? You would love these names
- Asalah - Meaning of Asalah is Purity is largely used in Arabic, Hindi and Gujarati is used as a girl name
- Kouther - Kouther's meaning is River in Jennah (Paradise) or River In Jannat Paradise is a baby girl name is used specifically in Kannada and Bengali
- Muneer - Used notably in Sindhi and Arabic unorthodox, Muneer is used as a boy name, Muneer means "Moons Light, Brilliant or Lamp"
- Qismat means Destiny or Area is chiefly used in Arabic and Arabic is a unisex name
- Sora - Sora's meaning is Sky or Blue Sky is of Arabic, Slavonic and American origin and is used particulary in Japanese is used for both genders
Middle names for Roxana
Possible options for a child named Roxana include these sweet and familiar middle names:
View more middle names that goes with Roxana.
Famous people named Roxana
- Roxana Zal, American actress
- Roxana Boamfă, Romanian figure skater
- Roxana Preussler, female marathon runner from Argentina
- Roxana, Sogdian princess of Bactria whom the Greek Macedonian king, Alexander the Great, married
- Roxana Druse, last woman hanged in the state of New York
- Roxana Díaz, Venezuelan television actress
- Roxana Díaz, female track and field sprinter from Cuba
- Roxana Mărăcineanu, Romanian-born French former backstroke swimmer
- Roxana Barry Robinson, American novelist and biographer whose fiction explores the complexity of familial bonds and fault lines
- Roxana Luca, Romanian former competitive figure skater
- Roxana McGowan, actress in Mack Sennett comedies in
- Roxana Phillip in The Broca Divide as Actress
- Roxana Ardi in Mai... così grosso! as Actress
- Roxana Zachos in Nana Means King as Actress
- Roxana Martínez in Las mentiras as Actress
- Roxana Castellanos in Objeto 15 as Actress
- Roxana Brusso in Cradle 2 the Grave as Actress
- Roxana Condurache in The Whistleblower as Actress
- Roxana Ortega in Larry Crowne as Actress
- Roxana Berco in TV series Herencia de amor as Actress
- Roxana Chávez portrayed central role of N in 1993 action and crime film Culpable o inocente.
- In 1979, Roxana Dupre portrayed the role of Repartidora de cartones en Bingo in comedy flick Los bingueros.
- In 1993, Roxana del Río played the role of Enfermera in comedy flick Mi novia ya no es Virginia.
- In 2005, Roxana Yépez portrayed the role of Luisa In movie Ruta del Jaca.
- In 2012, Roxana Blanco characterized the role of Érika in comedy and drama film El muerto y ser feliz.
Lists having Roxana
- Boys names beginning with R
- Girls names beginning with R
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Persian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -ana
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Dawn
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Queen
- Baby Names that mean Shining