Lina name meaning
On This Page
What does Lina mean?
Cherished and Venerable unisex name Lina is of English, Arabic, German and Latin origin which is used mainly in Hindi, Marathi, Oriya, Sindhi, Bengali, Telugu, Gujarati, Sanskrit, German, Arabic, African, Tamil, English, Malayalam and Kannada languages, meaning of Lina is "Alive, Pledge, Noble, Nobility, Light, Garden, Shining, Brilliant, Strong, Pageant, Absorbed, Palm Tree, Delicate, Compassionate, Tender, -Lina, Lin, Gentle, A Devoted One, Woman of Magdala or To Be Present In Latent"..
Lina is form of Lina that is usedforeign in German language. It is celebrated on September 23rd.
How does Lina feel as a baby name?
Lina is a popular name for baby girls and has its origin in Arabic. The name Lina means "palm tree" in Arabic, and it is directly related to nature.
This name has become increasingly common because of its soft and gentle sound. It is an excellent choice for parents who seek a unique yet easy-to-pronounce name for their newborn girl.
Additionally, Lina has become so popular that it has been used in various cultures worldwide, including Europe and the United States. Parents who choose this name are sure to be proud of their daughter's unique identity as it symbolizes strength, beauty, and growth - all qualities that parents hope to see their children embody as they grow up.
How do I pronounce Lina?
Two syllabled Lina is most commonly pronounced as l(i)-na.
Variants of LinaNames that rhyme with Lina
How popular is the name Lina?
Lina was a popular name in France. Over 58455 babies have been given the moniker in 119 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2017, 3452 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 6th position.
However after 119 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 10 baby names 8 times A common name in United States having over 16128 recievers in 140 years of usage.
At the peak of its usage in 1880, 372 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 219th position. Moreover, the first name has been to Also, A common name in Spain having over 711 recievers in 2 years of usage.
Presently at its peak, the moniker grabbed the 83rd spot and 361 baby girls were given the name. Also, Lina is common in Switzerland where over 3048 new-borns have been given the name since 1998.
When at the peak of its usage in 2013, 284 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 11st position. Also, Lina is common in Netherlands where over 1348 new-borns have been given the name since 2015.
When at the peak of its usage in 2017, the moniker grabbed the 35th spot and 310 baby girls were given the name. Also, In Sweden, Lina was once a common name since emerging in 1998 it has been given to over 2423 babies.
At the peak of its usage in 1998,. After 10 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Lina is a common name in Belgium given to over 3300 babies in 18 years.
At present peaking at the charts, it ranked 10th when 362 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Lina is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names.
Recently in 2018, 92 babies were given Lina and it reached its peak ranking, 467 on girl names chart. There are over 1302 babies that have been given the name Lina in England and Wales.
Lina is a rare baby name in Spain where it is still in use. Over 711 people have been named Lina in Spain. However things change on global perspective, Lina is extremely popular in Indonesia where every 1 in 2000 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in Colombia, Egypt, Russia, Mozambique, Philippines, India, Sudan, Iraq, China, Mexico, Germany, Syria, Jordan, Ukraine, Morocco, Brazil, Lebanon, Cambodia, Lithuania, DR Congo, Papua New Guinea, Bangladesh, Venezuela, Angola, Yemen, Canada, Uzbekistan, Palestine, Uganda, Portugal, Peru, South Africa, Argentina, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Madagascar, Malaysia and East Timor.
According to our evaluation, at least 1290000 people have been bestowed Lina around the globe.
Lina in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Lina?
Express your anger in order to clean your soul from the negative energy. Having letter A as your capstone reveals how you look at life and other people. You are sensitive, humane and compassionate by nature. When it comes to love, you are always attracted by people who are your total opposite. You want everyone to admire your personality and envy your life. Understanding others is your specialty, but you never expect people to do for you, what you are willing to do for them.
Go through the following names similar to Lina
- Abdul-Mueid - Majorly used in Arabic and Sindhi, Abdul-Mueid means "Servant of the Restorer" is aimed at boys
- Zaira - Rarefied Zaira is used predominantly in English and Italian, Zaira means "Shining Flower or Irish Form of Sara Princess" is originated from Arabic is bestowed upon baby girls
- Akli - Meaning of Akli is Black or Brown is a baby boy name has origin in English and Arabic
- Waqas - Meaning of Waqas is Warrior or Pride is a gender insensitive name is used prevalently in Arabic, Hindi and Arabic
- Din - Anomalous Vietnamese, Hebrew and Sanskrit Din is used in Hindi and Arabic, meaning of Din is "Custom or Law" is used as a boy name
Middle names for Lina
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Lina, we've got you covered with these well-received and familiar middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Lina.
Famous people named Lina
- Lina Tsaldari, right-wing Greek politician
- Lina Kostenko, Ukrainian poet and writer
- Lina Yakubova, documentary film producer and writer
- Lina Hahne, Swedish beauty qeen and Miss Sweden 2007 titleholder
- Lina Flor, writer from the Philippines
- Lina Stern, Soviet biochemist
- Lina Wertmüller, Italian screenwriter and film director
- Lina Medina, Peruvian woman
- Lina Radke, German runner
- Lina Bo Bardi, Italian-born Brazilian modernist architect
- Lina Cavalieri, Italian operatic soprano, actress, and monologist
- Lina Krasnoroutskaya, retired professional and former junior world number one tennis player
- Lina Basquette, American actress
- Lina Romay, Spanish actress
- Lina Cheryazova, retired Uzbek freestyle skier
- Lina Kačiušytė, Lithuanian swimmer
- Lina Andersson, Swedish cross country skier
- Lina Rafn, Danish female singer
- Lina Sandell, Swedish poet and author of gospel hymns
- Lina Johansson, Swedish former competitive figure skater
- Lina Espina-Moore, Cebuano writer
- Lina Joy, Malay convert from Islam to Christianity
- Lina Teoh, Malaysian actress, TV Host
- Lina Esco, American actress, producer, director and activist
- Lina Agostini is credited as writer of movie Piange... il telefono
- Lina Androwna, from 1993 movie Plötzlich und unerwartet, who portrayed the N.
- In 1966 adventure and family film, Tri tolstyaka, Lina Braknyte characterized Suok.
- Lina Canalejas, from 1960 comedy and crime flick Labios rojos, who played Tina.
- In 1975, Lina Carstens characterized the role of Lina Braake in comedy film Lina Braake.
- In 1916 flick, La falena, Lina Dax characterized Allegra.
- In 1924, Lina de Albuquerque played the role of N in drama film O Rei da Força.
- Lina de Mar, from 1981 comedy film ...Y hacemos de... tocho morocho, who portrayed N.
- Lina Egan played the central character of N in 1969 drama movie Horas prohibidas.
- Lina Gennari portrayed the leading role of Lina in 1933 comedy flick Treno popolare.
- Lina Luna Rodríguez played the crucial role of N in 1984 movie L'autuomo.
- Lina Marín, from 1972 action and adventure film Chanoc contra el tigre y el vampiro, who played the Cristina.
- In 1981, Lina Michel played the role of Ivonne in adventure and crime flick Contacto Chicano.
- In 1916 flick, Verso l'arcobaleno, Lina Millefleurs played N.
- Lina Montes, from 1946 drama and mystery movie Ella, who characterized Lidia.
- In 1987 comedy movie, O Querido Lilás, Lina Morgado portrayed Lilás surrogate mother.
- In 1946, Lina Pagliughi portrayed the role of Gilda in music, romance film Rigoletto.
- Lina Paulsen, from 1918 action, crime film Sein bester Freund, who portrayed Tante Wilhelmine.
- In 1983, Lina Polito portrayed the role of Patrizia in comedy movie Scusate il ritardo.
- Lina Rosales played central role of Laura in 1956 adventure, western movie Ha pasado un hombre.
- Lina Santos portrayed the leading character of Cecilia in 2004 action and crime movie El agricultor II.
- Lina Schiffer portrayed vital role of Jaana in 2000 comedy, drama film Kuningas Hidas.
- In 1920 drama flick, Cornelie Arendt, Lina Salten played Cornelie Arndt.
- Lina Murari, from 1917 film Bianco e nero, who portrayed N.
- In 1922, Lina Valentine portrayed the role of N in film Sadhu Aur Shaitan.
- Lina Babatsia played important role of N in 1983 comedy flick Ziteitai drakos.
- In 1940, Lina Alva portrayed the role of N in flick Puso ng isang Filipina.
- Lina Tricerri characterized significant character of N in 1919 flick Il mistero del messale.
- In 1970 drama flick, Otan imoun 16 hronon, Lina Lambraki played N.
Lists having Lina
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- African Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Lin
- Girl names that ends with -ina
- Popular Girl Names in France (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Alive
- Baby Names that mean Pledge
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Nobility
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Garden
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Brilliant
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Palm
- Baby Names that mean Tree
- Baby Names that mean Delicate
- Baby Names that mean Compassionate
- Baby Names that mean Tender
- Baby Names that mean Gentle
- Baby Names that mean Devoted
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Magdala
- Baby Names that mean Present