Besse meaning and origin
Origin of Oldie and Frequently Used Besse is in Hebrew is used particulary in Norwegian and Swedish is a gender insensitive name. Besse is variant form of timeless and preeminent Bess. Bess is version of biblical Bessy. Bess is abridged form of ElizabethElizabeth. Meaning of Bess is My God is Perfect, Consecrated to God and Form of Elizabeth is of Hebrew origin. Besse is Norwegian form of Bessi.
Variants of BesseNames that rhyme with Besse
Popularity of Besse
Besse is a unique baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1880 and was last seen in 1926, during its 43 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1889, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 388 on girl names chart when 39 babies were named Besse. There are over 671 babies that have been given the name Besse in United States. But Besse is a popular baby name in Indonesia where every 1 in 40000 have the name. At least, 8000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Here's what numbers has to say about Besse
People come to you when they need an objective opinion about almost everything, except romance. You love your family but never show it. You are the most sensitive person but prefer to keep it secret so you don't give people a chance to take advantage of you. You often doubt your purpose, skills, and existence. Having vowel E as your first one in your name represents your sensitivity. You are lagging behind on motivational front.
Other names similar to Besse, for soon-to-be-parents
- Barbo - Originated from Latin, Barbo in general bestowed upon baby girls is used chiefly in Swedish and Norwegian. Barbo is Norwegian equivalent of Barbro
- Gullov is Norwegian equivalent of Gudlaug
- Ludvine - Girl name Ludvine is largely used in Norwegian and Swedish languages. Ludvine is Nordic form of Ludwine
- Lisken - The prevalent and ever lasting girl name Lisken is specifically used in Norwegian, Swedish and Danish. Lisken is German and Frisian equivalent of Lisa
- Nokkve is equivalent of Nǫkkvi in Norwegian language
Namesakes of Besse
We could not find any notable namesake.