Bess meaning and origin
The widely accepted and venerable unisex name Bess is originated from Hebrew, Bess means "God is My Oath, Consecrated to God, Form of Elizabeth, God is Perfections, God is Fullness or My God is Perfect" is used primarily in Hebrew, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and English languages. Bess is variant of biblical Bessy. Bessy is a shortened form of ElizabethElizabeth. Bessy is English cognate of Bess. Also Bessy is form of Elizabeth in English language. Bessy is also English cognate of Elisabeth. Bessy means God's Promise and Diminutive of Elizabeth is of Hebrew origin.. It is celebrated on November 17th.
Variants of BessNames that rhyme with Bess
Popularity of Bess
A common name in United States with over 7152 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Currently the name is rising, in 1887, it ranked 157th when 182 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Moreover, the given name has been to Bess is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 1999, peaked in 2014 when it ranked 1966th. Over 113 babies in England and Wales have been named Bess. Also, it appeared first time in 2010 on baby girl names list of Belgium.
Bess is a rare baby name in France there is very thin chances of it still being given as it was last seen in 2007. Also, Bess is a familiar name in Canada, Papua New Guinea, Uganda and Philippines. According to our research, at least 7000 people have been bestowed Bess around the globe.
Bess in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Bess
Having letter B as your cornerstone means having the gentlest heart ever. You are a selfish but understanding friend and lover. What makes you comfortable talking is noticing the person that you are interacting with, is honest and reliable. Love is most important in your life. You believe that your body is a temple that needs to be taken good care of. And so does the soul. You are deeply related to the 5 senses.
You would love these names similar to Bess
- Dominick - Pleasing and Evergreen unisex name Dominick has origin in Latin, meaning of Dominick is "Belonging to the Lord or Offered to the Lord" is substantially used in Norwegian, Finnish and Danish. Outstanding name Dominick managed to bag 410th position on list of baby boy names in 2018 in United States
- Garth - Admired Garth has its origin in Old Norse and Welsh, Garth means "Garden, Enclosure or An Enclosed Yard", used largely in English is given to boys
- Phoenix - Meaning of Phoenix is Dark Red has origin in Old High German used for both genders is used specifically in English
- Merle - Preeminent and Perpetual Merles origin is Latin, Celtic and Old French bestowed upon both sexes used predominantly in French and Danish, meaning of Merle is "Black Bird, The Elements Merle Meaning Blackbird or Able"
- Kash - Mainly used in English preeminent, Kash means "Case" and is given to both sexes has its origin in Old French and Sanskrit
Namesakes of Bess
- Bess of Hardwick, notable figure of Elizabethan English society
- Bess Streeter Aldrich, American author
- Bess Myerson, American politician
- Bess Truman, wife of U.S. President Harry S. Truman and the First Lady of the United States
- Bess Press, Hawaii-based publisher that issues various books on Hawaiian and Pacific history and culture
- Bess Flowers, American actress best
- Bess Meredyth, screenwriter and silent film actress
- Bess Armstrong, American film, stage and television actress
- Bess Motta, American actress, singer, choreographer
- Bess Houdini, stage assistant and wife of Harry Houdini
- Bessie Holland in Knives Out as Actress
- Bessie Cursons in The Party as Actress
- Bess Finney, from 1975 drama, family film Forever Young, Forever Free, who portrayed Sister Marguerita.
- Bess Glove, from 1970 movie Gabrielle, who played N.
- Bess Sankey played main character of N in 1915 drama flick Blue Grass.
- In 1925 western film, Heartbound, Bess True played Beth Langdon.
Lists having Bess
- Boys names beginning with B
- Girls names beginning with B
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Oath
- Baby Names that mean Consecrated
- Baby Names that mean Fullness
- Baby Names that mean Perfect