Dafydd name meaning
On This Page
What does Dafydd mean?
The boy name Dafydd is of Welsh and Hebrew origin. Dafydd is resulted from David. Also David is Latin cognate of The Hebrew Name דָּוִד Probably Deriving from Hebrew דוד = Beloved.
Originated from Hebrew, David, David means "Courageous Hero who Killed Goliath King of Israel and Beloved One".
How is Dafydd regarded as a baby name?
Dafydd is a unique and distinct baby boy name that stands out from the crowd. Its short and straightforward spelling makes it easy to remember and pronounce.
Being of Hebrew origin, Dafydd has a strong cultural significance that adds to its appeal as a name choice. However, what truly sets Dafydd apart is its meaning - beloved. As a parent, it's natural to want your child to feel loved and cherished, making Dafydd an excellent option for those who value this sentiment in their baby's name.
The name also has historical significance in Wales, where it's used as the Welsh form of David- enhancing its cross-cultural appeal even further. Overall, Dafydd is an exceptional choice for parents looking for a meaningful and memorable name for their little one.
How do I pronounce Dafydd?
The one syllabled name Dafydd is pronounced, DAH-vith. The pronunciation choose to emphasis on first DAH syllable. The name can also be pronounced as d(a)-fy-dd.Names that rhyme with Dafydd
How popular is the name Dafydd?
Dafydd is common in England and Wales where over 1278 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Currently the name is rising, in 1999, the moniker grabbed the 261st spot and 108 baby boys were given the name.
Dafydd is a common name in Wales while somewhat familiar name in England. At least, 3000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
What numerology tells about Dafydd?
You just have to find a way to get through people and make them listen. Even if you are an awesome, trustworthy and loyal friend to everyone you know, not everyone will return the favor. Stick with your goals and don't give up until you become proud of yourself. You are dominant in your circle of friends. You can become a great leader if you want. The question is how do you want to succeed in life?
You would love these names similar to Dafydd
- Guinivere - New-fangled and Unconventional Guinivere has its origin in Old Welsh, Guinivere means "White and Smooth and Soft" is a baby girl name. Guinivere is derived from Guinevere.
- Olwyn - The odd girl name Olwyn is originated from Welsh, Olwyn means "White Footprint". Olwyn is a derivative of Olwen.
- Winn - Meaning of Winn is White, Fair or Heart is chiefly used in Danish and Finnish is a unisex name is originated from Old English, Germanic and Welsh
- Pem - The girl name Pem means "A Broken Hill and Bluff" is of Welsh origin. Pem is short form of Pembroke.
- Dover means A British Seaport on the English Channel, From the Water or Water is of Welsh origin and is used in English is a boy name
Sibling Names for Dafydd
If you're considering the name Dafydd for your baby, you might also be interested in other Welsh names for siblings. Here are some options that complement Dafydd's unique sound and cultural heritage.
For a sister
Brother to Dafydd
Famous people named Dafydd
- Dafydd Ieuan, Welsh musician and producer
- Dafydd Iwan, Welsh folk singer and politician
- Dafydd Gam, Welsh nobleman
- Dafydd Goch, is said
- Dafydd Stephens, audiological physician
- Dafydd Ddu o Hiraddug, Welsh language poet, grammarian
- Dafydd Williams, Canadian physician
- Dafydd ap Gwilym, is regarded as one of the leading Welsh poets and amongst the great poets of Europe
- Dafydd ab Hugh, U.S. science fiction author
- Dafydd Wigley, Welsh politician
- Dafydd Elis-Thomas, Welsh politician
- Dafydd ab Owain Gwynedd, was Prince of Gwynedd from 1170 to 1195
- Dafydd James, former Welsh international rugby union footballer
- Dafydd Jones, Welsh former rugby union footballer of the 1990s
- Dafydd Ifans, contemporary Welsh language novelist and translator
Lists having Dafydd
- Boy names beginning with D
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Welsh Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Beloved
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Courageous
- Baby Names that mean Hero
- Baby Names that mean King
- Baby Names that mean Loved
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Dearly