Dina name meaning
On This Page
What does Dina mean?
Used chiefly in Gujarati, Tamil, Danish, Faroese, Polish, Sanskrit, German, Arabic, Hindi, Finnish, Greenlandic, Swedish, English, Greek, Norwegian and Scottish durable and renowned, Dina aimed at both genders, Dina means "Day, Lord of the Poor, Protector, Love, God has Judged, Dinah, Judgement, Divine, Got the Law or "Strong"" is originated from Latin, Germanic, Hebrew and Celtic.
Dina is a variant of Murdag. Largely used in Scottish acclaimed and conifer, Murdag is of Celtic origin, meaning of Murdag is "Seaman Mariner and The Word Muir Which is of the Meaning Sea".
Dina is variant form of preeminent and all time favorite Constance. Constance is form of Constantia in French and English languages. Meaning of Constance is Perseverance and Constant is rooted from Latin.
Dina is a variant of prevailing and evergreen Bernadette. Bernadette is French equivalent of Bernarde. Prominent and Conifer Bernadette is originated from Germanic and Old High German, Bernadette means "Bear and Strong and Brave"..
It is celebrated on March 20th.
How do I pronounce Dina?
Two syllabled Dina is most commonly pronounced as d(i)-na.
Variants of DinaNames that rhyme with Dina
How popular is the name Dina?
Dina is a popular in United States where over 30807 new-borns have been given the name since 1883. At the peak of its usage in 1969, the moniker grabbed the 199th spot and 1571 baby girls were given the name.
In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 22 times Dina is a common name in France given to over 7145 babies in 111 years.
Presently the name is rising, in 2013, 379 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 168th position. Also, Dina is a common name in Belgium given to over 1743 babies in 24 years.
Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 2012, it ranked 83rd when 116 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Dina is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 200 names.
In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 172 on girl names chart when 80 babies were given the name Dina. There are over 319 babies that have been given the name Dina in Netherlands.
Dina is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 643 on girl names chart when 50 babies were named Dina.
Over 692 people have been named Dina in England and Wales. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2012, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 280 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Dina.
There are over 382 babies that have been given the name Dina in Switzerland.
However things change on global perspective, Dina is extremely popular in Egypt where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in Indonesia.
Also the baby name is popular in Russia, Madagascar, India, Sudan, Peru, Kazakhstan, Philippines, Iraq, Uzbekistan, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Colombia, South Africa, Jordan, El Salvador, Guatemala, Argentina, Mexico, Uganda, Morocco, Honduras, DR Congo, Angola, Chile, Ghana, Canada, Belarus, East Timor, Nepal, Iran and Yemen.
At least, 1920000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Dina in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Dina
You prefer to handle things alone. This reflects your self-confidence and self-reliance. You can't stand being imprisoned by your feelings for someone. You would rather pretend that you don't have them. Try to be more compassionate and humane. Stop treating people like you are better than them even if you really are. Sometimes you are stubborn and it helps you with your career. Reveal your pain and let people who've hurt you know how you feel.
Parents who liked Dina, loved these names
- Hud - Used mostly in Hindi, English and Arabic rarefied, Hud means "A Prophet's Name or Those who Ask Forgiveness" has its origin in English is a baby boy name
- Aazam - Unisex name Aazam is especially used in Arabic and Bengali, meaning of Aazam is "Supreme or Powerful"
- Muriel - Specifically used in Arabic, Danish and French durable and outstanding, Muriel came from Celtic, Irish and Hebrew used as a gender insensitive name, meaning of Muriel is "Myrrh, Star of the Sea or Sea-bright". In 1953, pleasing Muriel ranked 494 on baby girl names chart in United States
- Makan - Far-out and Contemporary Makans origin is Celtic is used as a baby boy name, meaning of Makan is "House or Home" is prevalently used in Swedish, Finnish and Old Norse
- Mubassirah - Used largely in Arabic and Sindhi, Mubassirah means "One who Comments" is used for baby girls
Middle names for Dina
These are the trending and familiar middle names that we love for the name Dina.
View more middle names that goes with Dina.
Sibling Names for Dina
If you're looking for inspiration for your baby's name and have chosen "Dina," we've compiled a list of charming sibling names that complement the uniqueness of this moniker. From classic to contemporary, these names are sure to complement any family dynamic and add an extra touch of sweetness.
Names for Dina's sister
Brother to Dina
Famous people named Dina
- Dina Tersago, She is now a TV personality, hosting Boer zkt
- Dina Rabinovitch, British journalist and writer
- Dina Mann, Australian actress and casting director recognised for several television soap opera and film roles
- Dina Vierny, French art dealer
- Dina Posada, is one of Central America’s best known contemporary poets since the publication of 'Fuego sobre el madero'
- Dina Rubina, Russian-Israeli prose writer
- Dina Mangabeira, Brazilian poet and literary critic
- Dina Merrill, American actress, heiress, socialite
- Dina Meyer, American film and television actress
- Dina, Norwegian pop/trance artist
- Dina Wadia, daughter and only child of the founder of Pakistan
- Dina Powell, to President Donald Trump
- Dina bint Abdul-Hamid, former Queen of Jordan as the first wife of King Hussein
- Dina Eastwood, American reporter, TV news anchor, and actress
- Dina Titus, American politician
- Dina Pathak, veteran actor and director of Gujarati theatre and also a film actor
- Dina Nath Sharma, Nepalese politician
- Dina Spybey, American actress
- Dina Kochetkova, Russian gymnast who competed at the 1996 Olympics
- Dina Carroll, English singer
- Dina Dublon, Senior Lecturer at Harvard Business School and current member of the boards of directors at Microsoft
- Dina Aschehoug, Norwegian painter
- Dina Kaminskaya, lawyer and human rights activist
- Dina Korzun, Russian theater and film actress
- Dina Pugliese, Canadian television personality
- Dina Lohan, American television personality
- Dina Babbitt, artist and Holocaust survivor
- Dina Matos, former First Lady of New Jersey
- Dina Al-Sabah, professional figure competitor from Kuwait
- Dina Hayek, Lebanese singer
- Dina Bonnevie, award-winning actress in the Philippines
- Dina Deleasa in Dinner with the In-Laws as
- Dinah Shearing in Buddies as Actress
- Dina Marie Vannoni in On the Means of Exciting Desire as Actress
- Dina Paisner in The Pearls of Peace as Actress
- Dina Galli was a theatrical and cinematographic actress of Italian nationality, active in the era of silent films.
- In 1926, Dina Diercks played the role of Blanche Ingram in drama film Die Waise von Lowood.
- In 1994, Dina Fanelli portrayed the role of Mona in drama movie Acme Rooms and Sweet Marjorie Russell.
- In 1928, Dina Gralla portrayed the role of Komtesse von Riemerscheid in film Befehl zur Ehe.
- Dina Kuple portrayed leading character of Anita Sondore in 1967 drama and music flick Elpojiet dzili.
- Dina Montero characterized the minor character of N in 1928 movie Gloria.
- Dina Rutic, from 1969 drama, romance movie Nizvodno od sunca, who characterized Uciteljica.
- In 1953 comedy flick, Santa Tsikita, Dina Stathatou played Mary.
- In 1951 drama movie, Balarrasa, Dina Sten characterized Lina Mendoza.
- In 1961, Dina Trianti played the role of Golfo in drama, romance flick Mas klepsane tin Golfo.
- Dina Tasbolatova, from comedy film Svadba.kz, who characterized the N.
- In 1920, Dina Giannini played the role of N In movie La contessima Chimera.
- Dina Besedniak portrayed leading character of N in 2004 flick En puntas de pies.
- Dina Limon, from 2013 drama, romance flick And Then Something Happened, who characterized Zelda.
- Dina Braschi played the vital role of Maria in 2009 comedy, romance film Iago.
- In 1987 horror film, Tujuh Manusia Harimau, Dina Diana portrayed N.
Lists having Dina
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Polish Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -ina
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Day
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Protector
- Baby Names that mean Love
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Judged
- Baby Names that mean Spear
- Baby Names that mean Ruler
- Baby Names that mean Valley
- Baby Names that mean Judge
- Baby Names that mean Bible
- Baby Names that mean Daughter
- Baby Names that mean Judgement
- Baby Names that mean Divine
- Baby Names that mean Law
- Baby Names that mean Strong