Dagny meaning and origin
Dagny means New Day is used notably in Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Danish and Scandinavian and came from Old Norse is used as a baby girl name. Dagny is variant form of Dagný. Also Dagný is another transcription of DAG;NY.
Variants of DagnyNames that rhyme with Dagny
Popularity of Dagny
Dagny is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1893 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 1901, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 918 on girl names chart when 80 babies were named Dagny. There are over 1475 babies that have been given the name Dagny in United States. Dagny is a common name in Sweden, Norway and Denmark while somewhat familiar name in Poland, Germany, Venezuela and Finland. At least, 10000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Dagny in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Dagny?
You always have the best ideas and persistence to realize each and one of them at work. You love to change and can't stand constancy and monotony. You don't depend on anyone's understanding and support. When it comes to love, you can't stand a monogamous relationship. You can live your dream life only if you put your mind to it. Having letter D as your cornerstone reveals your passion for unusual weird things and people.
Do you like Dagny? Read these names too
- Manasse - Boy name Manasse has origin in Hebrew is majorly used in Swedish, Norwegian and Danish. Manasse is form of The Hebrew Name מְנַשֶּׁה Meaning to Forget in Latin language
- Live - Meaning of Live is Protection is predominantly used in Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish and of Old Norse origin is a girl name
- Jussi substantially is used in Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish is a gender insensitive name, meaning of Jussi is "Yahweh is Gracious" has origin in Hebrew
- Junu is form of Jon in Finnish language
- Vilje - Used chiefly in Norwegian, Finnish and Scandinavian, Vilje is a gender insensitive name. Vilje is Norwegian form of Vilja
Namesakes of Dagny
- Dagny Juel, Norwegian writer
- Dagny Mellgren, former Norwegian footballer
- Dagny Tande Lid, Norwegian painter, illustrator and poet
- Dagny Backer Johnsen in Violent as Actress
- Actor Dagny Dewath, notable for movie Robin Hood
- Dagny Lind, from 1926 drama movie Lyckobarnen, who portrayed Elisabeth.
- In 1922 biography, drama film, Peter der Große, Dagny Servaes characterized Katharina II..