Arne meaning and origin
Substantially used in Danish, Nordic, German, Scandinavian, Greenlandic, Icelandic, Swedish, English, Finnish and Norwegian preeminent, Arne means "Eagle, Rule or Adler", a baby boy name has origin in Old High German and Germanic. Arne is variant form of recent and acclaimed Arni. Arni is version of desirable, virtuous and everlasting Arnold. Also Arni is form of Names Beginning with Arn-. Arni is also form of Arinn). Meaning of Arni is Moon, Eagle Power and The Sun is originated from Germanic and Old Norse. Arne is abridged form of Arnold. Arnold is German cognate of Arnoald. Originated from Germanic and Old High German, Famous Arnold, Arnold means "Eagle Power and Powerful as an Eagle".
Variants of ArneNames that rhyme with Arne
Popularity of Arne
Arne used to be a common name in Belgium, first appeared in 1995 and over 4497 babies have been given the name in 24 years. At the peak of its usage in 1996,. However after 24 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Arne is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1903 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1916, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 724 on boy names chart when 69 babies were named Arne. Over 2796 babies in United States have been named Arne.
Arne is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it is still in use. But Arne is a popular baby name in Norway where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, Germany, Sweden and Denmark. As per our estimate, over 90000 babies have been bestowed Arne around the globe.
Here's what numbers has to say about Arne
You like to be in charge of your life and can't stand bossy people. You have the ability to predict things before they happen thanks to your strong intuition. When it comes to love, you can't stand a monogamous relationship. Others need you in their life, but you don't need anyone. Due to your naivety, you are taken advantage of very often. You believe that nothing is impossible until your heart beats.
Do you like Arne? Read these names too
- Elftraud came from Old High German, meaning of Elftraud is "Force or Composition Nature Spirit"
- Hydi - Unfamiliar girl name Hydi means "Secret and Shape" has origin in Germanic. Hydi is resultant of Heidi.
- Charli - Predominantly used in Finnish and Danish soaring and desirable, Charli is originated from Old High German and Germanic and is used for both sexes, meaning of Charli is "Husband or Man"
- Arla - Used notably in English and Finnish persistent and well-known, Arla is used as a gender insensitive name has its roots in Germanic and English, Arla means "Pledge or Variant of Carlene or Charlene"
- Ramharte has its origin in Germanic, Ramharte means "Shiny, Raven and Brilliant" is used as a baby boy name. Ramharte is derivative of Rambert.
Namesakes of Arne
- Arne Næss Jr., Arne Næss Jr
- Arne Garborg, Norwegian writer
- Arne Asplund, invented the Defibrator pulping refiner and the defibrator-method for pulping wooden chips
- Arne Olsson, Bishop Ordinary of the Mission Province
- Arne Harris, producer/director of WGN-TV's Chicago Cubs television broadcasts
- Arne Isacsson, was one of Sweden's most famous watercolour artists
- Arne Norell, Swedish furniture designer
- Arne Wiig, Swedish minister, poet, author, playwright, actor
- Arne Torkildsen, Norwegian neurosurgeon
- Arne Drogseth, Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Arne Dankers, Canadian speed skater
- Arne Novák, Czech literary historian and critic
- Arne L. Haugen, Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Arne Rettedal, was Norwegian engineer
- Arne Skaug, Norwegian economist, civil servant
- Arne Swabeck, American Communist leader
- Arne Hertz, former rally co-driver from Sweden
- Arne Falk-Rønne, Danish travel writer and photographer
- Arne Meurman, Swedish mathematician working on finite groups and vertex operator algebras
- Arne Brimi, famous Norwegian chef and food writer
- Arne Rustadstuen, Norwegian Nordic skier
- Arne Larsen, retired Norwegian Nordic combined skier
- Arne Sortevik, Norwegian politician representing the Progress Party
- Arne Larsen, Norwegian cross-country skier
- Arne Melchior, Danish politician of Jewish descent and supporter of Jewish causes
- Arne Hovde, was Norwegian ski jumper
- Arne Halse, Norwegian athlete
- Arne Risa, former Norwegian long-distance runner
- Arne Hamarsland, Norwegian middle distance runner
- Arne Domnérus,
- Arne Øien, Norwegian economist and politician for the Labour Party
- Arne Kjörnsberg, Swedish social democratic politician
- Arne Barhaugen, Norwegian nordic combined skier
- Arne Jørgensen, Danish gymnast
- Arne Sejersted, Norwegian sailor
- Arne Johan Vetlesen, Norwegian professor of philosophy at the University of Oslo
- Arne Dahl, North Dakota Republican Party politician
- Arne Sejr, member of the resistance and became involved
- Arne Alsåker Spilde, Norwegian politician for the Conservative Party
- Arne Torolf Strøm, Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Arne Andersen, former Danish handball player
- Arne Korsmo, leading architect
- Arne Mortensen, Norwegian rower
- Arne Rostad, Norwegian politician for the Farmers' Party
- Arne Magnussen, Norwegian trade unionist
- Arne Beurling, Swedish mathematician and professor of mathematics at Uppsala University and later at the Institute for Advanced Study
- Arne Tiselius, Swedish biochemist
- Arne Kaijser, professor of History of Technology at the Royal Institute of Technology
- Arne Jacobsen, architect
- Arne Carlson, American politician
- Arne Treholt, former Norwegian Labour Party politician and diplomat convicted of high treason and espionage on behalf of the Soviet Union and Iraq during the Cold War
- Arne Nordheim, Norwegian composer