Desi name meaning
On This Page
What does Desi mean?
Widely Accepted unisex name Desi is principally used in English, Latin and Spanish has its origin in Latin and Celtic languages. Desi is a spelling variation of Daisy. Daisy is a resultant of Marguerite.
Daisy is diminutive of Margaret. Also Daisy is diminutive of Margarete. Daisy is also an abridged form of Margarita. Daisy is also a short of Its Variant Forms, By Association with French Marguerite, Which is Both a French Form of the Name.
Daisy is also shortened form of a French Word for the Flower. Daisy is form of Margaret in English language. Origin of Widely Accepted Daisy is in Old English, Greek and Old Greek languages, meaning of Daisy is "Pearl, Eye of the Day and Daisy".
How does Desi feel as a baby name?
Desi as a baby boy name feels like a name with a lot of emotion and strength. With its origin in Latin, it carries the meanings of yearning, sorrow, and desired.
This could allude to wanting something one cannot have, which is why it could be an appropriate name for a baby boy. The parents may give their son the name Desi in order to express their unfulfilled wishes for him or her, such as wishing that he or she have strong friendships and lasting relationships.
Being given such an emotional name may also serve to symbolize how much the parents love and care for their child.
How do I pronounce Desi?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Desi as d(e)-si.
Variants of DesiNames that rhyme with Desi
How popular is the name Desi?
Desi is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1948 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 1970, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 977 on boy names chart when 68 babies were named Desi.
Over 2946 people have been named Desi in United States. But an extremely popular name in Indonesia where every 1 in 2000 have the name. According to our research, over 260000 babies have been named Desi globally.
Desi in Nordic countries
Numerological aspects of Desi
Although you are all about balance, inner peace and harmony, reaching these things seem hard when you are surrounded with negative people. You are always filled with positive and creative energy that you pass around. You believe that your body is a temple that needs to be taken good care of. And so does the soul. If you continue to refuse to learn from your mistakes otherwise, you will lose yourself over people who don't deserve you.
You would love these names similar to Desi
- Nancie - Persistent and Darling Nancie specifically is used in English, Finnish and Danish is a unisex name, meaning of Nancie is "Variant of Anne Favor or God has Favored Me" came from Arabic, Old English and Celtic
- Shannon - Shannon's meaning is Small or Wise or Old River is used dominantly in Hindi and English. It is rooted from Celtic, Anglo-Saxon and English is bestowed upon both genders
- Niles - The well-known and all time favorite boy name Niles means "Son of Neil, Champion or Passionate" and is largely used in Hindi and English has origin in Celtic
- Kylen - Well-Liked Kylen has its origin in Celtic and Old Irish, Kylen means "Slender or Narrow" bestowed upon both sexes is used in English
- Joyce - Evergreen, Mainstream and Preeminent Joyce is used dominantly in English, Norwegian and Bengali has origin in German, Breton and Celtic, a gender-neutral name, Joyce means "Merry, Josse a Form of Ioceus Iodocus Or Jodocus Which Are Themselves from Iodoc Judoc Or Jodoc or Cheerful"
Sibling Names for Desi
If you're looking for a sibling name to go along with the adorable baby name "Desi", we've got you covered! Here are some suggestions for boy and girl names that would make perfect siblings for your little Desi. Whether you want something classic or modern, we've got plenty of options to choose from.
Sister for Desi
For a brother
Famous people named Desi
- Desi Reijers, former freestyle swimmer from the Netherlands,
- Desi Sangye Gyatso, sixth regent of the 5th Dalai Lama
- Desi Arnaz, Desi Arnaz, Sr
- Desi Arnaz Jr., Desi Arnaz Jr
- Desi Relaford, American former professional baseball infielder
- Desi Anwar, Indonesian news presenter
- Desi Wilson, former professional baseball player
- Desi Sanchez in JailCity as Actress
- Desiree Lim in Floored by Love as Director
- Desiree DeLuca in Cheating Games as Actress
- Desi Souhleris in Flipping Boston Strong as
- Desirée Erasmus in Sexy Beast as Actress
- Desire Dubounet in Sworn on the Altar as Producer
- Desirae in Desirae: All the Way! as Actress
- Desislava Stefanova in Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan as Music Department
Lists having Desi
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Eye
- Baby Names that mean Day
- Baby Names that mean Flower
- Baby Names that mean Pearl
- Baby Names that mean Flowers