Connor name meaning
What does Connor mean?
Meaning of Connor is Exalted, Wise, High Longing, Wolf or Lover is substantially used in Irish and English and is bestowed upon both genders has origin in English, Old Irish and Celtic. Connor is variant form of prominent Conan. Conan is Irish cognate of Cornelius. Commonly Accepted Conan has its origin in Welsh and Celtic languages, Conan means "Wolf, Hound and Exalted" is used largely in Irish and English.
How do I pronounce Connor?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Connor is c(on)-nor.
Variants of Connor
Nicknames for Connor
Here is the list of Popular nicknames for baby name Connor:Names that rhyme with Connor
How popular is the name Connor?
Connor was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 211648 babies have been named Connor since 1913. When at the peak of its usage in 2004, the moniker grabbed the 38th spot and 10047 baby boys were given the name. However after 122 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 9 times Also, Connor was a very popular name in England and Wales. Over 51556 babies have been given the moniker in 24 years. At the peak of its usage in 1998, 5155 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 11st position. However after 24 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 16 times
Connor was a common name in New South Wales. Over 5646 babies have been named Connor since 1994. At the peak of its usage in 2003,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 26 years but it is still going strong. Also, A common name in Queensland with over 5122 new-borns have been given the name since 1993. When at the peak of its usage in 2001, it ranked 14th when 295 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, In Western Australia, Connor was once a common name since emerging in 2002 it has been given to over 211 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2002,. After 2 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 1 times Also, Connor was a common name in Victoria. Over 1236 babies have been named Connor since 2008. At its zenith in 2010,. However after 12 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Connor is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1965 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 71 on boy names chart when 80 babies were given the name Connor. There are over 1605 babies that have been given the name Connor in Ireland. In France, Connor is a unique name where it has been in use since 2001 and has secured the place in top 1000 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 962 on boy names chart when 41 babies were named Connor. Over 190 people have been named Connor in France.
Connor is an uncommon baby name in Belgium, in use since 1997, peaked in 2017 when it ranked 467th. Over 170 babies in Belgium have been named Connor. The name is a rare baby name in Western Australia still in use today. Over 211 babies in Western Australia have been named Connor. The name is a common name in England and Canada while somewhat familiar name in Northern Ireland, Australia, Scotland, New Zealand, Puerto Rico and Wales. According to our evaluation, over 270000 babies have been named Connor globally.
Connor in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Connor
You have a strong will to succeed in life. You believe that each one of us was born with a purpose or is supposed to give their life a purpose of their own. You want to inspire others to do the same. You can smell a great opportunity from miles. Your heart is as big as a mountain. Although it's all sunshine and rainbow for you now, remember that angry and frustrated people are still out there, capable of hurting you.
Do you like Connor? Other names you would love
- Shaylee - The well-known girl name Shaylee is principally used in Telugu and Hindi is originated from English, Celtic and Old English, Shaylee means "Style, Lee or Shay"
- Senny - Meaning of Senny is Ray of Sunshine has origin in Celtic
- Kaila - Well-Liked Kaila has its origin in Hebrew and Old Irish, Kaila means "Pure, Crown or Laurel" and is bestowed upon both boys and girls is especially used in Marathi and Hindi
- Ryann - Noteworthy Ryann chiefly is used in English, meaning of Ryann is "King" that originated from Old Irish and Celtic is given to both sexes
- Morgana - The curious girl name Morgana is used in English and Danish, Morgana means "Bright or Circling Sea" is rooted from Celtic
Famous people named Connor
- Connor Grimes, field hockey player from Canada
- Connor Williams, Indian first class cricketer, who plays for Baroda
- Connor Trinneer, American film, stage, and television actor
- Connor Price, Canadian actor
- Connor Widdows, Canadian actor
- Connor Paolo, American actor
- Connor Marsh, television actor
- Connor Robertson, American right-handed Major League Baseball relief pitcher
- Connor Fields Connor Evan Fields is an American athlete who competes in cycling in the form of BMX.
- Connor Brennan is known for his acting in movie The Johnstown Monster
- Connor Blyster, from horror, thriller flick Halloween, who characterized Michael Myers and Shadow.
- In 2001, Connor Ratliff characterized the role of Ryan Johnson in comedy, drama film Living in Missouri.
Lists having Connor
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2015)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2006)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Northern Territory (2005)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean Wise
- Baby Names that mean High
- Baby Names that mean Wolf
- Baby Names that mean Lover
- Baby Names that mean King
- Baby Names that mean Dog