Flavio name meaning
On This Page
What does Flavio mean?
Specifically used in Italian and Spanish preeminent, Flavio means "Modeled on a Roman Sex or Blond" used as a baby boy name came from Latin. The name is celebrated on February 18th.
Is the name Flavio suitable for a newborn?
Flavio is a unique name that is popular among boys. It has a Latin origin and translates to "yellow hair." The name Flavio has an exotic charm and sounds quite melodious when pronounced.
It also has an air of sophistication and elegance, making it a perfect fit for parents who prefer classical names for their baby boys. Flavio is not just limited to one culture but can be found in various countries worldwide.
This name can be shortened to "Flavi" or "Flio," making it easy to pronounce and spell. If you want your son's name to stand out from the rest, then Flavio is a great choice with its rich history and meaning behind it.
How do I pronounce Flavio?
The three syllabled name Flavio is commonly pronounced as f-la-vio.
Variants of FlavioNames that rhyme with Flavio
How popular is the name Flavio?
Flavio is common in France where over 3507 new-borns have been given the name since 1925. When at the peak of its usage in 2006, the moniker grabbed the 259th spot and 258 baby boys were given the name.
Flavio is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1912 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1996, it ranked 1217th when 92 boy were named Flavio.
Over 2889 people have been named Flavio in United States. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2002, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 84 on boy names chart when 93 babies were given the name Flavio.
Over 1270 people have been named Flavio in Switzerland.
Flavio is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names.
In 2009, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 253 on boy names chart when 48 babies were named Flavio. Over 746 people have been named Flavio in Belgium. Flavio is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 2070 (2004) in its 16 years run on England and Wales naming chart.
However things change on global perspective, Flavio is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 700 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Italy, Mexico, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, Angola, Guatemala and Colombia.
As per our findings, over 470000 people has been named Flavio globally.
Flavio in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Flavio
Doing what you are passionate about is the best thing ever, and the only way to feel real joy and happiness. Your main characteristics are determination, courage, and enterprise. You have this perfect life everyone admires. However, your life is far from perfect, and so are you. You often doubt your purpose, skills, and existence. You are dominant when it comes to relationships. You are an ambitious person, who's driven by success and high aspirations.
Go through the following names similar to Flavio
- Bento - Atypical and Modern boy name Bento means "The Blessed" used specifically in Portuguese is of Latin origin
- Laurens - The prevailing boy name Laurens is used in Norwegian, Scandinavian and Finnish, Laurens means "Laurel" came from Latin
- Clémens - Originated from Latin, Clémens predominantly used in German, Clémens means "Indulgent"
- Sesto - Boy name Sesto means "Sixth" which originated from Latin is used principally in Italian
- Zerlinda - Girl name Zerlinda is rooted from Latin, meaning of Zerlinda is "Beautiful Dawn" is prevalently used in Arabic
Sibling Names for Flavio
Naming a baby is one of the most important decisions parents make. If you've chosen "Flavio" as your child's name, you might be wondering what names would pair well with it for future siblings. Below are some suggestions that complement the unique and charming name Flavio.
Sister to Flavio
Brother to Flavio
Famous people named Flavio
- Flavio Cotti, Swiss politician
- Flavio Premoli, Italian musician and composer
- Flavio Caballero, well known Colombian actor
- Flavio Orsini, cardinal of the Catholic Church
- Flavio Testi, Italian composer of contemporary classical music and musicologist
- Flavio Sosa, Mexican activist and a member of the provisional collective council of the Popular Assembly of the Peoples of Oaxaca
- Flavio Insinna, Italian actor and television presenter
- Flavio Chigi, Italian Roman Catholic cardinal
- Flavio Maspoli, Swiss politician and a co-founder of the Lega dei Ticinesi
- Flavio Biondo, Italian Renaissance humanist historian
- Flavio Briatore, Italian businessman
- Flavio Davino, retired Mexican footballer and current coach of Alebrijes de Oaxaca
- Flavio Tosi, Italian politician, former mayor of Verona
- Flavio Roma, Italian retired footballer
- Flavio Schmid, footballer from Switzerland
- Flavio Maestri, Peruvian retired football player
- Flavio Giupponi, Italian former professional road racing cyclist
- Flavio Barros, Brazilian football striker
- Flavio Lazzari, Italian footballer
- Flavio Córdoba, Colombian footballer
- Flavio Tosi, American football end
- Flavio Vanzella, former Italian professional road bicycle racer
- Flavio Peniche in Más cabrones que los Maras as Actor
- Flavio Bucci in Suspiria as Actor
- Flavio Martínez Labiano in Unknown as Cinematographer
- Flavio Alves in The Secret Friend as Producer
- Flavio Medina in La dictadura perfecta as Actor
- Flavio Motalla in Spider-Man 3 as Music Department
- Flavio Parenti in To Rome with Love as Actor
- Flavio Anicio Petronio Probo Flavio Anicio Petronius Probo was a Roman aristocrat of the fourth century and early V, consul in 406, along with the eastern emperor Arcadius.
- Flavio Albanese in movie I pavoni as Actor
- Flavio Bonacci, from 1994 drama flick Strane storie, who played Father.
- In 1996, Flavio Brunetti characterized the role of N in crime and drama flick Pianese Nunzio, 14 anni a maggio.
- Flavio Oreglio characterized the main role of N in 2010 documentary, music film Beppe Grillo: Woodstock 5 Stelle.
- In 2002, Flavio Pistilli characterized the role of Massimo Zanardi in comedy flick Paz!.
- In 1988, Flavio Ramírez Farfán characterized the role of Narrator in comedy film La risa en vacaciones.
- Flavio Bauraqui portrayed central character of Jonas in 2006 drama flick Os 12 Trabalhos.
- In 2008, Flavio Hinojosa characterized the role of El Cero in crime film Guilty.
Lists having Flavio
- Boy names beginning with F
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Latin Boy Names
- Italian Boy Names
- Spanish Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2008)
- Baby Names that mean Yellow
- Baby Names that mean Haired
- Baby Names that mean Blond
- Baby Names that mean Modeled
- Baby Names that mean Roman