Laurens meaning and origin
Widespread boy name Laurens is majorly used in Dutch, Norwegian, Danish, Scandinavian, Finnish and Swedish, meaning of Laurens is "Laurel" has origin in Latin. Laurens is form of pious, customary and unfading Laurence. Laurence is a variant form of widespread Laurent. Laurence is French cognate of Laurentia. Also Laurence is French form of Laurentia. Laurence is also form of Laurent in English language. Prominent Laurence's origin is Latin, meaning of Laurence is "Laurel and Crowned with Laurels". Laurens is form of Laurenz in Nordic language. It is celebrated on August 10th.
Variants of LaurensNames that rhyme with Laurens
Popularity of Laurens
A common name in Netherlands having over 529 recievers in 5 years of usage. When at the peak of its usage in 2015, 121 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 135th position. Also, In Belgium, Laurens was once a common name since emerging in 1995 it has been given to over 1854 babies. At its zenith in 1995,. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Laurens is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 26 years of usage and 153 bearers, the name could just made to the top 2525 names in 1942 before vanishing in 2005. Over 153 people have been named Laurens in United States. In France, it has been in use since 1918 and achieved its top ranking of 566 in 1918. Laurens is a common name in Indonesia while somewhat familiar name in India, South Africa, DR Congo, Germany and Israel. According to our research, over 10000 babies have been named Laurens globally.
Laurens in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Laurens?
You believe life's to have fun. You are interested in learning new and exciting things. When it comes to love, you easily get tired of being with one person only. You can easily get turned off by a person's reckless behavior or bad habits. You remind people that life is for you to live it, and not survive, something many do these days. People admire your charm and independent attitude about everything.
You would love these names similar to Laurens
- Natalis - Meaning of Natalis is Birth is used as a girl name is of Latin origin
- Ursola is used principally in English, Spanish and Italian has its origin in Latin is a baby girl name, Ursola means "Little Bear"
- Mirabell - Anomalous and Modern girl name Mirabell means "Magnificent or Mirabilis" and is specifically used in Norwegian, German and French has origin in Latin
- Marisse chiefly is used in Swedish and English aimed at girls, meaning of Marisse is "Star of the Sea" is originated from Latin
- Faustus particulary is used in German and Finnish is a boy name, meaning of Faustus is "Good Luck, Faustus or Auspicious, Lucky" has origin in Latin
Namesakes of Laurens
- Laurens Janszoon Coster, name of a purported inventor of a printing press
- Laurens Perseus Hickok, American philosopher and divine
- Laurens Pieter van de Spiegel, was Grand Pensionary of Zeeland and,
- Laurens van Kuik, teacher before he, in 1911, fascinated by the arts
- Laurens van den Acker, automobile designer from the Netherlands
- Laurens Bake, Dutch poet of the seventeenth century
- Laurens Bogtman, Dutch baritone
- Laurens de Haan, Dutch economist and Emeritus Professor of Probability and Mathematical Statistics at the Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Laurens Hammond, American engineer and inventor
- Laurens van der Post, 20th-century Afrikaner author, farmer, war hero, political adviser to British heads of government, close friend of Prince Charles, godfather of Prince William, educator, journalist
- Laurens Jan Brinkhorst, retired Dutch politician and diplomat of the Democrats 66 party
- Laurens Looije, Dutch pole vaulter,
- Laurens de Graaf, Dutch pirate, mercenary
- Laurens ten Heuvel, Dutch former professional footballer and coach
- Laurens ten Dam, Dutch road racing cyclist with UCI WorldTeam
- Laurens Reael, employee of the Dutch East India Company
- Laurens Verbaan in Costa! as Actor