Horatio name meaning
On This Page
What does Horatio mean?
Meaning of Horatio is Time-keeper, Derived from the Roman Clan Name Horatius, The Close Friend of Hamlet in Shakespeare's Tragedy, One who has Good Eyesight or Egyptian Deity is used majorly in English and Italian and a boy name is of Etrusk, Latin and Egyptian origin.
Horatio is form of Horaz.
What do we think of Horatio as a name for a newborn?
Horatio is a unique and classic name for a baby boy that has been growing in popularity over the years.
This name exudes strength, sophistication, and elegance that are perfect for parents who are looking for something different yet charming. What sets it apart from other names is its Latin origin, which means "Timekeeper" or "Keeper of Time." This meaning adds depth and significance to the name Horatio, making it even more meaningful to parents who want their child's name to hold a special place in their hearts.
Overall, Horatio is a standout name that combines history, beauty, and power all in one.
How do I pronounce Horatio?
ho-ra-tio is the most common way to pronounce three syllabled Horatio.
Variants of HoratioNames that rhyme with Horatio
How popular is the name Horatio?
Horatio is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1880, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 465 on boy names chart when 40 babies were named Horatio.
Over 1385 babies in United States have been named Horatio. Also, in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 2000 names.
In 2015, it ranked 1074th when 26 boys were named Horatio. Over 239 people have been named Horatio in England and Wales.
Horatio is an uncommon baby name in France where it has been in use since 2006 and achieved its top ranking of 1413 in 2009.
Over 106 people have been named Horatio in France. Horatio is a rare baby name in Belgium where it may not be used now. Also, Horatio is a familiar name in Jamaica, Ghana, England and South Africa.
As per our research, over 2000 people has been named Horatio globally.
Horatio in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Horatio
You are a person of many talents. You are not much into hanging around and wasting time with people. You are a loner. You react fast and don't think much when it comes to taking a risk for improvement or gaining profits. You can be whatever you want. You just have to want it bad enough. Having letter H as your cornerstone represents your strong mental health. Sometimes its hard for others to understand you and your visions.
Looking for names similar to Horatio? Please go through the following names
- Varvara - Anomalous Latin Varvara means "The Foreign" and a baby girl name is commonly used in Slavic, Danish and Finnish
- Fabion - Uncommon boy name Fabion is rooted from Latin which is particulary used in English language, Fabion means "Bean Grower, Derived from the Roman Clan Name Fabius or A Name Given Several Roman Emperors or 16 Saints"
- Francine means Free Condition, Little Frenchman or Franke used for both boys and girls. Its origin is in Latin, Germanic and Italian is used majorly in English and French
- Klára - Klára's meaning is Clear or Bright is of Latin origin and is mostly used in Finnish, Swedish and Faroese is used for baby girls
- Plinio - Origin of Unorthodox Plinio is in Latin is used as a baby boy name, meaning of Plinio is "He who has Many Skills"
Sibling Names for Horatio
Horatio is a unique and strong name for a baby boy, but choosing a sibling name that complements it can be daunting. To help you out, we've compiled a list of names that go well with Horatio, whether you're looking for something classic or modern.
Names for Horatio's sister
Brother for Horatio
Famous people named Horatio
- Horatio Parker, American composer, organist and teacher
- Horatio Balch Hackett, American biblical scholar, was born in Salisbury
- Horatio Walpole, 1st Baron Walpole, son of Robert Walpole of Houghton, Norfolk
- Horatio G. Brooks, worked as chief engineer for the New York and Erie Railroad until the railroad moved its steam locomotive maintenance facilities
- Horatio Earle, is known as the "Father of Good Roads" or simply Horatio "Good Roads" Earle
- Horatio Storer, American physician, numismatist
- Horatio Sheafe Krans, American author and editor
- Horatio Spafford, prominent American lawyer and Presbyterian church elder
- Horatio Potter, educator and the sixth bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of New York
- Horatio Sharpe, 22nd proprietary governor of Maryland
- Horatio Wells, American lawyer and Wisconsin politician
- Horatio G. Loomis, native of Vermont
- Horatio Frederick Phillips, English aviation pioneer
- Horatio Fitch, American athlete
- Horatio Caro, English chess master
- Horatio F. Simrall, was chief justice of the Mississippi Supreme Court
- Horatio Townshend, 1st Viscount Townshend, English politician
- Horatio Southgate, was born in Portland, Maine
- Horatio Ross, celebrated sportsman and a pioneer amateur photographer
- Horatio Davies, London businessman, politician
- Horatio George Adamson, British dermatologist
- Horatio Hale, American-Canadian ethnologist
- Horatio Alger, Horatio Alger Jr
- Horatio Gates, retired British soldier
- Horatio Nelson Jackson, American physician and automobile pioneer
- Horatio Nelson Young, United States Navy sailor
- Horatio Luro, thoroughbred horse racing trainer
- Horatio Bottomley, English financier, journalist, editor
- Horatio Sanz, Chilean-born American actor and comedian
- Horatio Bridge, officer of the United States Navy who
- Horatio King, was Postmaster General of the United States under James Buchanan
- Horatio Collins King, Union Army soldier
- Horatio Wright, engineer and general
- Horatio Thomas Austin, British Royal Navy officer and explorer
- Horatio P. Van Cleve, general
- Horatio Walker, respected and commercially successful Canadian painter
- Horatio Seymour, American politician
- Horatio Seymour, United States Senator from Vermont
- Horatio Allen, American civil engineer and inventor
- Horatio McCulloch, Scottish landscape painter
- Horatio Torromé, British figure skater
- Horatio Powys-Keck, English first-class cricketer
- Horatio G. Knight, American politician
- Horatio Nelson Lay, British diplomat
- Horatio Gates Fisher, Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Horatio Clarence Hocken, Canadian politician, Mayor of Toronto
- Horatio Wills, He was also the father of Tom Wills
- Horatio Nelson Lay, rear admiral of the Royal Canadian Navy
- Horatio Washington Bruce, Confederate politician during the American Civil War
- Horatio Bisbee Jr., Horatio Bisbee Jr
- Horatio C. Burchard, U.S. Representative
Lists having Horatio
- Boy names beginning with H
- American Boy Names
- Egyptian Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Latin Boy Names
- Italian Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Time
- Baby Names that mean keeper
- Baby Names that mean Roman
- Baby Names that mean Clan
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Good
- Baby Names that mean Deity