Geoff meaning and origin
Renowned Geoff is originated from Germanic is used as a baby boy name, Geoff means "Peaceful Gift, Abbreviation of Geoffrey, Form of Jeffrey or God's Peace" is specifically used in English. Geoff is variant of imperishable and prevailing Jeffrey. Jeffrey is variant of long standing and popular Geoffrey. Jeffrey is derived from Geoffroy. Jeffrey is English form of Geoffrey. Of German and Germanic origin, Admired Jeffrey, Jeffrey means "The Stranger and Peaceful Gift". Geoff is short version of Geoffrey. Geoffrey is variation of admired and ceaseless Jeffrey. Geoffrey is resulted from Geoffroy. Geoffrey is English equivalent of Gaufrid. Also Geoffrey is English form of Walafrid. Geoffrey is also English cognate of Gisalfrid. Geoffrey means God and Peace, Peace and The Stranger is of Germanic and German origin.
Variants of GeoffNames that rhyme with Geoff
Popularity of Geoff
Geoff is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1940 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 1962, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 940 on boy names chart when 65 babies were named Geoff. There are over 1551 babies that have been given the name Geoff in United States. Geoff is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. But Geoff is a popular baby name in Australia where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in, England, Canada and New Zealand. At least, 120000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
What numbers say about Geoff?
You possess great communication skills. Having vowel E as your first one in your name represents your sensitivity. You are warm but cold at the same time, strong but gentle, depending on the people around you. You are a man of action. Don't hang out with someone just to hang out with someone. Partnerships are exclusively important to you. People complain about your coldness. But these are the people that haven't had the chance to know you better.
If you like Geoff, you would love these names
- Graegleah - The boy name Graegleah is primarily used in English, Graegleah means "From the Gray Meadow"
- Regnault - The boy name Regnault is predominantly used in English is originated from Latin, Regnault means "Form of Reginald or King"
- Quintara - Used mainly in English unheard-of, Quintara is originated from Latin and a baby girl name, Quintara means "The Word Quintus Which is of the Meaning Fifth and Fifth-Born Daughter". Quintara is derivative of Quintana.
- Miguelangel - Miguelangel's meaning is Miguel or Ángel is originated from Spanish aimed at boys is used chiefly in English
- Norabel - Girl name Norabel has its origin in Latin, meaning of Norabel is "Honor or Abbreviation of Eleanora" is mostly used in English
Namesakes of Geoff
- Geoff Watt, local distance runner from Warragul
- Geoff Cooke, former rugby union player
- Geoff Parker, emeritus professor of biology at the University of Liverpool and the 2008 recipient of the Darwin Medal
- Geoff Braybrooke, New Zealand politician
- Geoff Stirling, Newfoundland businessman and media magnate
- Geoff Jenkins, climatologist and former head of climate change prediction at the Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research
- Geoff Hilton, Australian politician
- Geoff Page, Australian poet, translator
- Geoff Pryor, Australian political cartoonist currently working for 'The Saturday Paper'
- Geoff Metcalf, American author, writer, and columnist
- Geoff Jansz, Sri Lankan-born Australian chef and television presenter
- Geoff Byrd, American musician
- Geoff Clark, Australian Aboriginal politician and activist
- Geoff Lawson, British car designer and was Design Director for Jaguar
- Geoff Fox, American television broadcast meteorologist with a career spanning over 30 years
- Geoff Corrigan, former Australian politician with the Labor Party member of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly
- Geoff Dolan, New Zealand actor
- Geoff Goodfellow, associated with early wireless email ventures
- Geoff Cannell, Member of the House of Keys and a sports broadcaster
- Geoff Whitty, British economist and professor for equity
- Geoff Edge, former British Labour Party politician
- Geoff Stradling, American pianist, keyboardist, composer
- Geoff Boss, American Champ Car driver from Narragansett
- Geoff Monty, English professional motorcycle racer, constructor
- Geoff Zanelli, American musician and composer working primarily
- Geoff Macdonald, current head coach of the women's tennis team at Vanderbilt University
- Geoff Hamilton, English gardener, broadcaster and author
- Geoff Smith, British long-distance runner
- Geoff Shaw, Church of Scotland minister
- Geoff Nicholson, British novelist and non-fiction writer
- Geoff Parsons, retired Scottish high jumper
- Geoff Wilson, Canadian former politician
- Geoff Dunn, Prior to joining the Earth Band, his long list of credits includes a stint playing and recording with Van Morrison
- Geoff Christian, leading Australian rules football writer and radio broadcaster covering the Australian Football League and West Australian Football League
- Geoff Hoyle, English performer
- Geoff Whitehorn, guitarist and singer-songwriter,
- Geoff Smith, British mathematician
- Geoff Clark, UK journalist and television presenter
- Geoff Boyce, field hockey player from Australia
- Geoff Hannan, British composer and musician
- Geoff Walsham, English scholar
- Geoff Bascand, Deputy Governor and Head of Operations at the Reserve Bank of New Zealand
- Geoff Wragg, Thoroughbred horse trainer
- Geoff Hill, Australian mountaineer
- Geoff Thompson, former New Zealand politician of the National Party
- Geoff Hampton, British head teacher
- Geoff Posner, British television producer and director
- Geoff Lawton, permaculture consultant, designer
- Geoff Hurst, English former professional footballer
- Geoff Ryman, writer of science fiction, fantasy
- Geoff Emerick, English sound engineer