Adele name meaning
On This Page
What does Adele mean?
Famed and Perennial unisex name Adele is used predominantly in Norwegian, English, Czech, German, Swedish, Italian, Danish, Finnish and French and originated from Old High German and Germanic, Adele means "Nobility, Noble Kind or Soft".
Adele is variant of well-known and conifer Adela. Adela is shortened form of names with "nobility". Adela is form of Adele in Italian language. Also Adela is form of Names Containing the Name Element Adal in German language.
Adela's meaning is The Word Adal Which is of the Meaning Noble Honorable, Love and Softer is rooted from Old High German and Germanic. Adele is a short of Adelheid. Adelheid is a variation of well-liked and venerable Adela.
Also Adelheid is variant of prevalent and enduring Adelaide. Adelheid is equivalent of Adalhaid in German language. Adelheid's meaning is Noble and Fight and Of Noble Figure has its origin in Old High German and Germanic.
How do I pronounce Adele?
The three syllabled name Adele is commonly pronounced as a-DELL. a-de-le is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of AdeleNames that rhyme with Adele
How popular is the name Adele?
Adele was a popular name in United States. Over 39906 babies have been named Adele since 1880. At the peak of its usage in 1914, it ranked 187th when 1030 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 141 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 500 baby names a staggering 77 times Also, a popular name in Italy having over 9720 recievers in 7 years of usage.
At the peak of its usage in 2018, 1582 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 29th position. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 7 times
In England and Wales, Adele was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 2030 babies.
At the peak of its usage in 1998,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years. Also, In France, Adele was once a common name since emerging in 2010 it has been given to over 1599 babies.
When at the peak of its usage in 2011,. However after 9 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Also, Adele is common in Sweden where over 157 new-borns have been given the name since 2016.
At the peak of its usage in 2016, the moniker grabbed the 84th spot and 157 baby girls were given the name.
Adele is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 54 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 300.
Over 496 people have been named Adele in Ireland. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 500. There are over 155 babies that have been given the name Adele in Switzerland.
Also, it appeared first time in 2012 on baby girl names list of Belgium.
Adele is a rare baby name in Sweden however it is still in use. There are over 157 babies that have been given the name Adele in Sweden.
But Adele is a popular baby name in DR Congo where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, England, Cameroon, Chad, Germany, Benin, South Africa, Canada, Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso.
According to our findings, at least 270000 people have been bestowed Adele around the globe.
Adele in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Adele?
It's like you never get angry and anything can piss you off. You believe life's to have fun. The letter A as your cornerstone reveals your ability to lead people and get them to do the stuff you want them to do. You can't be around superficial minds that only care about gossip and getting through the day. You are compassionate, aware, and full of understanding. Listen to your heart, enjoy more and care less.
Parents who liked Adele, loved these names
- Abner - Preeminent and Perennial boy name Abner is used in English and Assamese, meaning of Abner is "Father of Light, Father of Light Father is Light or Father of Lights" is rooted from Hebrew. Loved Abner ranked at 480 position in 1910 on the list of baby boy names in United States
- Rosina means Rose Flower, Fame or Noted Protector used for baby girls has its origin in Germanic and Latin is mostly used in Norwegian and Danish
- Melina - Melina's meaning is Canary-yellow or The Word Mel Which is of the Meaning Honey is especially used in Finnish and Danish and a girl name is originated from Latin, Old Greek and French
- Eulalia means Good Word or Good, Well used for girls and is used commonly in Italian and Danish is originated from Old Greek
- Reta - Dominantly used in Norwegian, German and Swedish age-old and eminent, Reta is rooted from Old Greek, Latin and Scandinavian, meaning of Reta is "Rätoromanin or The Pearl" is used as a baby girl name
Sibling Names for Adele
The baby name "Adele" is quite popular among parents these days. Here are some sibling names for baby Adele -
Sister to Adele
Brother for Adele
Famous people named Adele
- Adele Megann, Canadian writer
- Adele King, archive
- Adele Fifield, director of the War Amps' National Amputee Centre
- Adele Sandrock, German-Dutch actress
- Adele Dixon, English actress and singer
- Adele of Vermandois, Countess of Flanders
- Adele of Meaux, French noblewoman
- Adele Marcus, American pianist and instructor
- Adele Anthony, Australian-American violinist
- Adele Goldberg, American linguist
- Adele Goldberg, computer scientist
- Adele Goldstine, American mathematician and computer programmer
- Adele Diamond, scientist
- Adele Astaire, American dancer, stage actress and singer
- Adele Addison, figure
- Adele Wiseman, Canadian author
- Adele Jergens, American actress
- Adele Silva, English actress
- Adele Farina, Australian politician
- Adele Mara, American actress, singer, and dancer
- Adele DeGarde, a
- Adele Girard, jazz harpist associated with dixieland and swing music
- Adele Ann Wilby, Australian-born former leader of the women’s wing of Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam of Sri Lanka
- Adele Parks, women’s fiction author from the UK.
- Adele Faccio, Italian politician and deputy of the Radical Party
- Adele Blood, American actress in silent movies, vaudeville
- Adele C. Howells, fourth general president of the Primary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Adele Arakawa, retired American evening news anchor for NBC affiliate station KUSA-TV of Denver
- Adele, English singer and songwriter
- In 1929 drama flick, Those Who Love, Adele Blanche characterized Mary and Lorna.
- In 1917, Adele Clifton portrayed the role of Nina Marquise in drama movie An Old Fashioned Young Man.
- Adele Farrington characterized critical character of Mrs. Batterson in 1919 comedy flick Too Much Johnson.
- In 1988, Adele Fátima played the role of Dona Lota in drama film Natal da Portela.
- In 1920 flick, The Kelly Gang, Adele Inman played Kate Kelly.
- In 1933 action and romance flick, When a Man Rides Alone, Adele Lacy portrayed Ruth Davis.
- Adele Rein played pivotal character of Coral Hoople in 1967 comedy flick How Much Loving Does a Normal Couple Need?.
- Adele Farulli, from 1929 drama film Maratona, who portrayed the Madre Di Fausto.
- Adele Hartwig, from 1922 film Die Schatten jener Nacht, who played the Alte Kelly.
Lists having Adele
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Czech Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ade
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Nobility
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean Soft
- Baby Names that mean Sweet
- Baby Names that mean Honorable