Adolf name meaning
What does Adolf mean?
Outstanding and Traditional boy name Adolf means "Noble, Honorable or Noble Wolf" mainly used in Danish, German, Norwegian, Faroese, Finnish, Icelandic, English and Swedish came from Old High German and Germanic. Adolf is German form of Athalwolf. Also Adolf is German form of Attaulf.
How do I pronounce Adolf?
Three syllabled Adolf is most commonly pronounced as a-do-lf.
Variants of Adolf
How popular is the name Adolf?
Adolf is a familiar baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1880 and was last seen in 1990, during its 86 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1891, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 597 on boy names chart when 56 babies were named Adolf. Over 1394 babies in United States have been named Adolf. The given name is an uncommon baby name in France and may not be used now as it was last seen in 1944.
However things change on global perspective, Adolf is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 800 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Austria, Uganda and Tanzania. At least, 210000 people globally have carried Adolf as their given name according to our estimate.
Adolf in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Adolf?
You can win anyone's attention with your charm. You believe that nothing is impossible until your heart beats. You prefer originality and hard work instead of taking the easier road to success. You prefer to follow your intuition rather than follow rules and suggestions. Allow your creativity to take over your mind and just be who you truly are. You are always open to experience something new.
Do you like Adolf? You would love these names
- Sweer - Old High German name Sweer means "Army or Strong"
- Arnel - Unconventional Arnel came from Germanic language is used as a gender insensitive name which is specifically used in Spanish, English and Tagalog, meaning of Arnel is "Arnold"
- Codelive - Of German origin, Codelive means "God or Loved"
- Villy is form of Willy in Nordic language
- Baldemero - Boy name Baldemero is rooted from Germanic, meaning of Baldemero is "Bold". Baldemero is a resultant of Baldemar.
Famous people named Adolf
- Adolf Ogi, Swiss politician
- Adolf Deucher, Swiss politician
- Adolf Reubke, German organ builder
- Adolf Wölfli, Swiss artist
- Adolf Wallenberg, German internist and neurologist
- Adolf Busch, German-Swiss violinist, conductor, and composer
- Adolf Lindenbaum, Polish-Jewish logician and mathematician
- Adolf Østbye, revue artist and barber
- Adolf Pokorny, dermatologist
- Adolf Appellöf, Swedish marine zoologist
- Adolf Kneser, German mathematician
- Adolf Stoecker, court chaplain to Kaiser Wilhelm I, a politician
- Adolf Friedrich von Schack, German poet
- Adolf Schlagintweit, German botanist and explorer of Central Asia
- Adolf Jellinek, After filling clerical posts in Leipzig
- Adolf von Henselt, German composer and virtuoso pianist
- Adolf Wahrmund, Austrian-German orientalist
- Adolf Erman, renowned German Egyptologist and lexicographer
- Adolf Lande, primary drafter of the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs
- Adolf Holtzmann, German professor and philologist
- Adolf Wilbrandt, German novelist and dramatist
- Adolf Schmal, Austrian fencer and racing cyclist
- Adolf Müllner, German critic and dramatic poet
- Adolf von Sonnenthal, Austrian actor
- Adolf Wuttke, German Protestant theologian
- Adolf Glassbrenner, German humorist and satirist
- Adolf Daens, Flemish priest from Aalst
- Adolf Zika, Czech photographer
- Adolf Bernhard Meyer, German anthropologist, ornithologist, entomologist
- Adolf of Altena, was Archbishop of Cologne from 1193 to 1205
- Adolf Overweg, German geologist, astronomer
- Adolf Portmann, zoologist
- Adolf Maislinger, member of the German Resistance and was a survivor of Dachau concentration camp
- Adolf Tolkachev, Soviet electronics engineer
- Adolf of Osnabrück, was born in Tecklenburg about 1185
- Adolf Grabowsky, German political scientist and author of several books about geopolitics and political theory
- Adolf Erik Nordenskiöld, Finnish baron, geologist
- Adolf Kirchhoff, German classical scholar and epigraphist
- Adolf Eugen Fick, German-born physician and physiologist
- Adolf Butenandt, German biochemist
- Adolf Furtwängler, German archaeologist, teacher
- Adolf Windaus, German chemist
- Adolf Hurwitz, German mathematician
- Adolf von Baeyer, German chemist who synthesised indigo
- Adolf Reinach, German philosopher
- Adolf Bernhard Christoph Hilgenfeld, German Protestant theologian
- Adolf Mayer, German agricultural chemist whose work on tobacco mosaic disease played an important role in the discovery of tobacco mosaic virus and viruses
- Adolf Bastian, 19th-century polymath best remembered for his contributions to the development of ethnography and the development of anthropology as a discipline
- Adolf Meyer, psychiatrist
- Adolf Bertram, was archbishop of Breslau and a cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church
- Adolf Loos, architect
- Adolf Frederick, King of Sweden, was King of Sweden from 1751 until his death
- Adolf of Germany, was Count of Nassau from about 1276 and elected King of Germany
- Adolf Anderssen, German chess master
- Adolf Ehrnrooth, Finnish general
- Adolf von Harnack, German Lutheran theologian and prominent church historian
- Adolf Galland, German 'Luftwaffe' general and flying ace
- Adolf Lu Hitler Marak, politician in the state of Meghalaya, India
- Adolf Guyer-Zeller, Swiss entrepreneur
- Adolf Brand, German writer, egoist anarchist
- Adolf Born, Czech painter, illustrator, caricaturist
- Adolf Dymsza, very popular and remarkable Polish comedy actor of both the pre-World War II and post-war eras
- Adolf Brudes, Formula One driver
- Adolf Schreyer, German painter
Lists having Adolf
- Boy names beginning with A
- American Boy Names
- German Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Honorable
- Baby Names that mean Wolf