Gerda name meaning
What does Gerda mean?
Of Old Norse, Old Icelandic, Old Greek and Germanic origin, Admired and Timeless Gerda is mainly used in Norwegian, Finnish, Scandinavian, Icelandic, Greenlandic, German, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, English, African, Latvian and Faroese, Gerda means "Gerd or Fencing" is a baby girl name . Gerda is form of commonly accepted and virtuous Georgia. Georgia is variant form of sacred and frequently used Georges. Georgia is feminine form of GeorgesGeorge or. Also Georgia is effeminate variant of Georgius. Georgia's meaning is Farmer Earthworker and Earthworker is of Old Greek origin. Gerda is diminutive of Gertrud. Gertrud is variant of widespread, durable and pious Gertrude. Also Gertrud is spelling variant of GEIR;ÞRUÐ. Gertrud means From the Protected Farm, Spear and Force came from Old High German and Germanic. Gerda is Dutch and German cognate of Gerharda. Gerda is equivalent of Gerhardina in Dutch and German languages.
Could Gerda be an appropriate name for your new bundle of joy?
Gerda is a unique and charming name for baby girls that has been derived from the Norse language. It perfectly captures the essence of warmth, safety, and security as it means "shelter." The name has a delightful ring to it and is easy to pronounce, making it a perfect choice for parents looking for an elegant yet straightforward name for their little ones. Gerda has a timeless appeal that exudes gracefulness and femininity. It also sounds distinctive enough to stand out without being too unusual or difficult to spell or pronounce. All in all, Gerda is an excellent choice if you are looking for a name that reflects your love and affection towards your baby girl while also having a subtle meaning behind it.
How do I pronounce Gerda?
The two syllabled name Gerda is pronounced, ge(r)-da.
Variants of Gerda
Geerda, Georgia, Georgios, Georges, Geegee, Giorgia, Georgeann, Georgeanne, Gerdi, Gerdy, Gerta, Gerharda, Gertrud, Gerhardina, Gerharde, Gerardina
Nicknames for Gerda
Here is the list of Possible nicknames for given name Gerda:Names that rhyme with Gerda
How popular is the name Gerda?
Gerda is a unique baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1887 and was last seen in 1972, during its 79 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 900 names. In 1890, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 872 on girl names chart when 49 babies were named Gerda. Over 1099 babies in United States have been named Gerda. The first name is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 3116 (2006) in its 13 years run on England and Wales naming chart. Also, it appeared first time in 2008 on baby girl names list of Ireland. In France, it had been in use since 1901 and made it to the top 400 but has appeared since 1983. Over 201 babies in France have been named Gerda.
However things change on global perspective, Gerda is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 400 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, Denmark and South Africa. As per our findings, over 390000 babies have been bestowed Gerda around the globe.
Gerda in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Gerda
If letter A is your capstone in your name, it reveals your challenging nature and ambitious perspective. Start cleaning your karma and you will notice a tremendous change in your life. Having the letter A as your capstone reveals your true personality. Open up to new suggestions and ideas. You know yourself so well, that you always find a way to keep yourself amused. You have big plans for yourself and your future.
Do you like Gerda? You would love these names
- Karyn - Well-Liked Karyn came from Old Greek, meaning of Karyn is "Form of Catherine or Pure" aimed at both sexes is used particulary in English
- Euphemia - Chiefly used in Greek, Swedish and Danish eternal and loved, Euphemia means "Good Speech, Of Good Repute or Eu Which Means Good Well" has its origin in Old Greek is aimed at girls
- Alexandra - Of Old Greek origin, Eternal, Hot Fashinable and Illustrous Alexandra means "Defender of Men or Protector", majorly used in Icelandic, Hungarian and Spanish is used as a gender-neutral name
- Katrine - Especially used in Finnish and Swedish preeminent, Katrine means "The Pure or Holy" and a girl name is originated from Old Greek
- Olympe means Sacred Mountain Where the Greek Gods Rested is used chiefly in French is originated from Old Greek is given to baby girls
Sibling Names for Gerda
Gerda is a beautiful and unique name for your newborn. If you're looking for inspiration for sibling names that complement the name Gerda, here are some suggestions to help you decide on the perfect name combination for your family.
Sister for Gerda
Names for Gerda's brother
Famous people named Gerda
- Gerda Munsinger, East German prostitute and alleged Soviet spy
- Gerda Hofstatter, professional pool player and nine-ball champion
- Gerda Alexander,
- Gerda Hnatyshyn, wife of Ray Hnatyshyn, Governor General of Canada
- Gerda Steinhoff, Nazi SS concentration camp overseer following the 1939 German invasion of Poland
- Gerda van der Kade-Koudijs, Dutch athlete who competed at the 1948 Olympics
- Gerda Nicolson, Australian theatre and television actress best
- Gerda Wegener, Danish illustrator and painter
- Gerda Taro, German Jewish war photographer active during the Spanish Civil War
- Gerda Gattel, comic book creator
- Gerda Weissensteiner, Italian luger and bobsleigh pilot
- Gerda Christian, nicknamed "Dara"
- Gerda Weissmann Klein, Polish American writer and human rights activist
- Gerda Boyesen, Gerda Boyesen was born in 1922 in Bergen
- Gerda Lerner, Austrian-born American historian and author
- Gerda Lundequist, Swedish stage actress
- Gerda Verburg, Dutch diplomat and former politician and trade union leader
- Gerda Kraan, retired female middle distance runner
- Gerda Maurus in Spione as Actress
- Gerda Stevenson in Braveheart as Actress
- Gerda Achternbusch in movie Beer Chase as Actress
- Gerda Brunner characterized key character of Mimi von Bonin in 1944 drama film Das Herz muß schweigen.
- In 1916, Gerda Christophersen characterized the role of Mrs. Taylor in drama movie Hvem er hun?.
- Gerda Holmes played key role of Queen Vesta in 1916 drama, romance flick The Gilded Cage.
- In 1945, Gerda Landgren played the role of Mrs. Karlsson in comedy film Sextetten Karlsson.
- Gerda Madsen characterized minor role of Mrs. Grøn in 1921 comedy movie Landliggeridyl - Vandgang.
- In 1945 music film, Musik i haven, Gerda Neumann portrayed N.
- Gerda Pikali, from 2020 action and drama flick 129, who played the Eleonor.
- In 1915 drama flick, Menneskeskæbner, Gerda Ring played Elvi, en fattig pige.
- In 1913 romance flick, Scenen og livet, Gerda Krum-Juncker portrayed Lucy.
Lists having Gerda
- Girl names beginning with G
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Norse Girl Names
- African Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Dutch Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Latvian Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ger
- Baby Names that mean Fence
- Baby Names that mean Spear
- Baby Names that mean Force
- Baby Names that mean Enclosure