Alexandra name meaning
On This Page
What does Alexandra mean?
Skyrocketing Leading and Celebrated unisex name Alexandra is of Old Greek origin, meaning of Alexandra is "Protector of Man, Man's Defender or Alexein Which Means to Ward Off to Defend" is used particulary in Danish, English, Scandinavian, Hungarian, Norwegian, Icelandic, Spanish, Portuguese, Faroese, Dutch, Swedish, German, Finnish, Greek and Czech.
Alexandra is effeminate variant of Alexander. Alexander is equivalent of The Greek Name Αλεξανδρος in Latin language. In demand In Vogue, Celebrated and Evergreen English, Old Greek and Slavic Alexander, meaning of Alexander is "Defender of Men, Warrior and Helper and Defender of Mankind".
The name is celebrated on April 22nd.
How do I pronounce Alexandra?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Alexandra is ahl-ex-ann-dra. The name can also be pronounced as a-lexa-ndra or alex(an)-dra.
Variants of Alexandra
Alandra, Alejandra, Alondra, Lexia, Lexie, Alexia, Aleka, Alice, Alika, Axelia, Axelle, Allandra, Exie, Lexa, Alecxia, Alexie, Alexina, Alexios, Alexis, Adelice, Lisa, Alycia, Alicemarie, Adalheidis, Adaliz, Adelais, Aliz, Aleeka, Aixa, Absalom, Absalon
Nicknames for Alexandra
Mountain of nicknames available for the name Alexandra include:Names that rhyme with Alexandra
How popular is the name Alexandra?
Alexandra was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 234604 babies have been named Alexandra since 1894. When at the peak of its usage in 1995, the moniker grabbed the 26th spot and 10675 baby girls were given the name.
However after 161 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 20 times Also, Alexandra is a popular in England and Wales where over 17576 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
At its zenith in 1996, the moniker grabbed the 38th spot and 1595 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times Also, Alexandra was a popular name in France.
Over 92752 babies have been given the first name in 119 years. At its zenith in 1979, it ranked 17th when 4689 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 119 years, the name is on free fall on the charts.
In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 26 times
Alexandra was a common name in Spain. Over 2456 babies have been named Alexandra since 2002.
When at its peak in 2011,. After 7 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, In Switzerland, Alexandra was once a common name since emerging in 1998 it has been given to over 1885 babies.
When at the peak of its usage in 2000,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 21 years. Also, Alexandra used to be a common name in Sweden, first appeared in 1998 and over 2315 babies have been given the name in 9 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 1999,. After 9 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Alexandra was a common name in Belgium. Over 2385 babies have been named Alexandra since 1995.
At the peak of its usage in 1997,. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, A common name in New South Wales having over 7380 recievers in 43 years of usage.
When at its peak in 1993, it ranked 16th when 328 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, A common name in Queensland having over 2563 recievers in 28 years of usage.
When at its peak in 1993, 148 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 19th position. Also, Alexandra used to be a common name in Victoria, first appeared in 2008 and over 815 babies have been given the name in 10 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2008,. However after 10 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Alexandra is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 100 names.
In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 67 on girl names chart when 98 babies were given the name Alexandra. Over 2103 babies in Ireland have been named Alexandra.
The given name is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 400 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 373 on girl names chart when 35 babies were named Alexandra.
There are over 128 babies that have been given the name Alexandra in Netherlands.
However things change on global perspective, Alexandra is extremely popular in Romania where every 1 in 80 have the name as well as in, Russia, Germany and Brazil.
Also the baby name is popular in Greece, Ecuador, Portugal, England, Uzbekistan, Colombia, Belarus, Hungary, Moldova, Mozambique, Venezuela, Canada, Kazakhstan, Haiti, Angola, Austria, Dominican Republic, Australia, Turkmenistan, Czech Republic, Poland, Chile, Tajikistan, Sudan, Israel, Egypt, Madagascar and Mexico.
As per our findings, over 1670000 babies have been bestowed Alexandra around the globe.
Alexandra in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Alexandra?
You are a stubborn person who's ready for a change. Your independence and narcissism make you more attractive than you already are in people's eyes. You are an adventurer who likes to live on the edge but planning your future and your next moves make you feel secure. Once you put your charming smile on, everyone forgets about your flaws and mistakes and dreams of spending the rest of their life near you.
Do you like Alexandra? Read these names too
- Monie - Curious and All time favorite Monie has its origin in Greek and Hebrew languages bestowed upon girls used especially in Swedish and Danish, Monie means "Alone"
- Colin means Puppy, Pup or Cub is used chiefly in Norwegian, Swedish and Tamil usually given to both boys and girls is originated from Irish, Old Greek and Scottish
- Salomea - Meaning of Salomea is The Peaceful is of Hebrew and Greek origin bestowed upon girls is used majorly in Polish
- Philippe - Unfamiliar Philippe has its origin in Old Greek bestowed upon both boys and girls, Philippe means "Female Version of Philip, Lover of Horses or Friend or Horse" is used chiefly in French and English
- Sanya - Unconventional Sanya is originated from Old Greek language is a gender insensitive name specifically used in Malayalam, Hindi and Bengali, Sanya means "Fortunate or Distinguished"
Sibling Names for Alexandra
Are you searching for the perfect sibling names to complement your little one's name, Alexandra? Look no further! We've compiled a list of lovely names that pair beautifully with Alexandra, from classic choices to more unique options. Check out our suggestions below!
Sister to Alexandra
Brother to Alexandra
Famous people named Alexandra
- Alexandra Marinina, best-selling Russian writer of detective stories
- Alexandra Ripley, American writer best known as the author of 'Scarlett'
- Alexandra Fouace, French athlete
- Alexandra Dobolyi, Hungarian politician and Member of the European Parliament for the Hungarian Socialist Party
- Alexandra Kitchin, notable 'child-friend' and favourite photographic subject of Charles Lutwidge Dodgson
- Alexandra Hasluck, author and social historian from Western Australia
- Alexandra Eames, fictional character within the 'Law & Order' universe portrayed by Kathryn Erbe
- Alexandra Béres, is fitness world champion
- Alexandra of Rome, — Christian martyr and saint, known
- Alexandra Neil, American actress
- Alexandra Gilbreath, English actress, born in Chalfont St Giles
- Alexandra Aikhenvald, linguist specialising
- Alexandra Gripenberg, Finnish social activist, author, editor
- Alexandra of Lithuania, youngest daughter of Algirdas
- Alexandra Fol, Bulgarian-Canadian composer
- Alexandra Mazur, was elected The Beauty of Russia in July 2006
- Alexandra Sokoloff, American novelist and screenwriter
- Alexandra Burslem, British academic and educationalist
- Alexandra Wescourt, English actress
- Alexandra Mavrokordatou, famous Greek intellectual and salonist
- Alexandra Pelham, Lady Worsley, British volunteer and courtier
- Alexandra Kim, Korean revolutionary political activist
- Alexandra Deshorties, French-Canadian soprano
- Alexandra Potter, British author of romantic comedies
- Alexandra Papageorgiou, female hammer thrower from Greece
- Alexandra Zapruder, author and editor of 'Salvaged Pages: Young Writers' Diaries of the Holocaust'
- Alexandra Wallace, is General Manager of News
- Alexandra Dane, Her many television appearances include 'Not On Your Nellie'
- Alexandra Bircken, artist based in Cologne
- Alexandra of Denmark, was Queen of the United Kingdom and the British Dominions and Empress of India as the wife of King Edward VII
- Alexandra Feodorovna, was Empress of Russia as the spouse of Nicholas II—the last ruler of the Russian Empire—from their marriage on 26 November 1894 until his forced abdication on 15 March 1917
- Alexandra David-Néel, Belgian–French explorer, spiritualist, Buddhist
- Alexandra Dahlström, Swedish actress and film director
- Alexandra of Yugoslavia, was, by marriage to King Peter II
- Alexandra Kollontai, Marxist revolutionary
- Alexandra Adler, Austrian neurologist and the daughter of psychoanalyst Alfred Adler
- Alexandra Kerry, American filmmaker
- Alexandra Nechita, Romanian American cubist painter and philanthropist
- Alexandra Kosteniuk, Russian chess grandmaster and Women's World Chess Champion
- Alexandra Lydon, American actress and writer
- Alexandra Bastedo, British actress
- Alexandra Bokyun Chun, South Korean actress and filmmaker living
- Alexandra Tydings, American actress, director, writer, producer
- Alexandra Isles, former actress and a documentary filmmaker
- Alexandra Maria Lara, Romanian-German actress
- Alexandra Fuller, British - Zimbabwean author
- Alexandra Pelosi, American journalist, documentary filmmaker
- Alexandra Paul, American actress, activist, health coach
- Alexandra Feodorovna, was Empress consort of Russia
- Alexandra Vandernoot, Belgian actress
- Alexandra Denman in James Dean: Forever Young as Producer
- Alexandra Gurskaya in Mauj Mastiyan (Taste of Love) as Actress
- Alexandra Glazer in What's Love Got to Do with It as Actress
- Alexandra Metaxa in The Buskers & Lou as Actress
- Alexandra Bokova in Mermaid Down as Actress
- Alexandra Avrami in Untitled HBO/Rock 'N' Roll Project as Actress
- Alexandra Moore in Brave New World as Actress
- Alexandra Ingber in Conned as Actress
- Alexandra Cat in Satan's Whore as Actress
- Alexandra Gallusz in Hundraåringen som klev ut genom fönstret och försvann as Actress
- Alexandra Barré is a Canadian sportsman, of Hungarian origin, who competed in Canoeing in the form of calm waters.
- In 1995 drama flick, The Limits of Thermal Travelling, Alexandra Adams characterized Viper and The Swimming Girl and The Dominatrix.
- In 1988 horror film, The Unnamable, Alexandra Durrell portrayed Tanya Heller.
- Alexandra Finder, from 2013 drama film Die Frau des Polizisten, who played the Christine Perkinger.
- Alexandra Hay portrayed crucial character of Gloria in 1969 drama, romance film Model Shop.
- In 2004 horror, sci-fi film, Dracula 3000, Alexandra Kamp characterized Mina Murry.
- Alexandra Kennedy characterized the pivotal role of Debbie in 1988 horror film The Boy from Hell.
- In 1966, Alexandra Kluge played the role of Anita in drama flick Abschied von gestern - (Anita G.).
- Alexandra Ladikou portrayed leading role of N in 1966 drama, romance movie Aharisti.
- Alexandra London-Thompson, from 1989 drama, family film El verano del potro, who characterized Laura.
- In 1982 horror, mystery film, Deadly Games, Alexandra Morgan portrayed Linda Lawrence.
- In 1999 horror flick, Godsend: The Evil Decimation, Alexandra Munroe played Katie Kerns.
- Alexandra Pigg, from 1985 comedy and drama flick Letter to Brezhnev, who portrayed the Elaine.
- Alexandra Restrepo portrayed small role of Sagrario in 2017 comedy flick El Coco 2.
- In 1990, Alexandra Schalaudek characterized the role of Yvonne in drama, romance movie Land in Sicht.
- In 1986, Alexandra Scicluna characterized the role of Lucienne in crime and drama flick L'araignée de satin.
- Alexandra Stewart, from 1986 crime and drama flick Peau d'ange, who played the Héléna Werner.
- In 1989, Alexandra van Marken characterized the role of Alison in crime and drama flick Wilde harten.
- Alexandra Winisky characterized crucial character of Cecile in 1994 crime and drama flick L'ange noir.
- Alexandra Woodward, from 2016 crime, romance film The Wedding Murders, who characterized Geena.
- Alexandra Malone, from 2018 drama flick Born Again, who played Gina.
- Alexandra Burdick portrayed central role of News Reporter in 2019 crime and drama movie Litchfield.
- Alexandra Berti, from 2019 mystery film One More Photo Please, who characterized the Ella.
- Alexandra Clouston played the role of The Alchemist in fantasy film Theatrum Chemicum.
- In 2000 drama, sci-fi flick, Into the Void, Alexandra Ford played Sherry Potters.
- Alexandra Gasnárková, from 1979 crime flick Diagnóza smrti, who characterized the Markova.
- Alexandra Eitel played the central role of Alexandra in 2005 drama flick Whiskey School.
Lists having Alexandra
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Czech Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hungarian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -andra
- Girl names that starts with Alex
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2010)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2003)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2008)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2003)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2014)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2009)
- Baby Names that mean Protector
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Defender
- Baby Names that mean Helper
- Baby Names that mean Mankind
- Baby Names that mean Defend
- Baby Names that mean Help
- Baby Names that mean Men
- Baby Names that mean Wards
- Baby Names that mean Protect
- Baby Names that mean Manly